Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #111
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Smashing PRs?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #112
jaymax
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

jaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributor
Default Not exactly.

Ran into some issues Did 6-weeks of the once-per-week bodybuilding split. Everything went okay...strength gains I'm not so sure but definitely wasn't getting weaker.

Than went on a trip to Pheonix with my wife and son during my 2-week scheduled deload. Got viscous food poisoning/stomache flu. Puked up everything I ate the first day then basically could only get down gatorade and not much else a couple days after. Lost a few lbs (of muscle I'm sure lol). Then I was starting to feel better and lifted. First set of deads with 405 for 5...went up but felt oddly heavy. Second set went to pick it up on the first rep...stopped midway up. Back mildly irritated. Skipped the rest of deads and moved on thru the workout.

Next day carried a package across the yard...immediately after back was fucked. Couldn't squat, hack squat or even leg press for 2 weeks. Resorted to sissy squats twice just to get my legs doing something.

Anyway back in it now I'll post soon.
jaymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #113
jaymax
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

jaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributor

Okay fully rehabed and back in the fire now.

While I liked trying that once/week split and always felt recovered I feel like strength wasn't going up much on benches and squats.

Now I'm doing a full body split amalgam. Both sessions involve moderately heavy weights and I still get my 10's in but they aren't a central focus. Here's my setup:

Tuesday
Declines 10x3
Weighted Chins 10x3
Front Squats 10x3
*10x3 exercises done circuit style with a total 3 mins rest per rotation (so's I can breathe).
Accessories: Curls, Extensions, Laterals + Calves (rest-pause style)

Friday
Inclines 5x5
Weighted Chins 5x5
BP to Neck 4x10
T-Bar Rows 4x10 (old school style)
Curls and Skulls High volume

Saturday
Back Squats 5x5
Behind Neck Press 5x6
SLDL 5x6
Behind Neck Press 5x6 (same weight as first time)
Calves 5 sets to failure
Partial Laterals 5x12-15

Ab work done irregularly on off days. Lately I've been doing leg raises on the floor with a 10lb dumbell between my feet. Surprisingly hard.

Starting weights are conservative for the 10x3 and 5x5 exercises and I'm microloading with 2.5lbs per week progression. Wasn't sure about recovery but wanted to see if I could improve my work capacity. Seems to be working nicely thus far..first 2 weeks were rough but now soreness isn't an issue and I seem to be recovering well. I think not hitting failure is helping alot.

Last edited by jaymax; 04-24-2013 at 11:12 AM.
jaymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #114
Randoja