Old 08-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
Flat barbell press is an option but I am using flat db press 2 other times during a week. Blahhh, the trouble, thinking of possibly going to an overhead press as a my main lift or maybe a floor press. We will see.

Input is always welcome
Even tried high rep overhead one arm dumbbell presses? They can be a fun little shoulder builder.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice work on that 335. 320 looked close and I wasn't sure if you had another 15 in you.

600 deadlift was a heartbreaker. Was that bar a cheese grater?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Yes, major cheese grater!

I was so mad when I rewatched the video because I think I could have just pushed my hips through and I would have been alright. I have a feeling it was more mental than physical because before then I had never had 600 pounds in my hand. Silly noob (myself)!

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Yes, major cheese grater!

I was so mad when I rewatched the video because I think I could have just pushed my hips through and I would have been alright. I have a feeling it was more mental than physical because before then I had never had 600 pounds in my hand. Silly noob (myself)!
The hips forward, head back thing is something we all lose from time to time in the heat of battle.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Got a nice deload in, my only "workout" was moving out of my apartment. Other than that I took it easy and relaxed and stretched and did some LISS cardio.

Bodyweight coming into this next cycle is 188.8 lbs.

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Old 08-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Went to the gym yesterday, well, attempted to! Since moving I had to switch gyms as well since the other one would be too far of a drive. Found a good gym, and it has 24 hour access and all the fun stuff that lifters like us need (including strongman equipment). Went to the gym only to find out I couldn't get in and had to call the owner to set up a time to meet him there. Fail on my part for not calling ahead, but at least I know where it is now.

Hitting it today though, very excited!

-Socrates
Old 08-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:

Hitting it today though, very excited!
Destroy!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #18
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Destroyed I did! (At least for it being a "light" week)

So, I decided to keep all my lifts the same for this routine. If I am progressing with said lifts and not stalling out, why change them? Gonna ride the wave until it crashes then I will change it up. Only thing I did change is went from DB Incline Press to BB Incline Press

5 min walk on treadmill and active stretching for warmup

Incline Press
warmups
175 x 8,8,12

Dips
BW+50 x 10,10,10

DB Bench Press
70's x 8,8,8

DB OH Press
50's x 8,8,8

Decline Crunch
BW+25 x 10,10,10

Also did something different today too. Between all of my sets on my supplemental work I skipped rope, 25 contacts. I think I will keep doing this on my upper days and build up to 50 contacts between sets on supplemental work.

-Socrates
Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Yes, I barely missed 600, probably should have held on. But, next time I will destroy that
You almost did it ... solid numbers Shorts ... keep lifting ...
Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Destroyed I did!

So, I decided to keep all my lifts the same for this routine. If I am progressing with said lifts and not stalling out, why change them?
You got that right. When the train's moving, let the train move.