Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #531
Ancrel
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 6 months serious!
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk!
Ancrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributorAncrel is a dedicated contributor

Great total, with a whole bunch of PR's amazing work!
Ancrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #532
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck Shorts. Train insane.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #533
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Thanks guys!

Here is an outline of what my training will look like for the next while, some things may change but for the most part this is the breakdown:

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #534
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looks good Shorts. Any idea what the Elite level is for your class? You can't be too far away.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #535
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

I have been trying to find that out, and it is hard to find the correct answer (if there is even one?).

What I have seen though is that is pretty high and I am pretty far off. The qualifying total for 198's at RUM is 1559 or 1614 with wraps.

Under the USPA classifications Elite, is at 1558 and Int'l Elite is 1698 and I think these are realistic numbers for Raw and no wraps.

Under the USAPL/IPF classifications, Elite is at 1730 and Master is at 1592. 1730 is a HUGE total, so I am not sure if these are correct or not. Yet for national contests like the Arnold and Raw Nationals for USAPL you only needs a Class I total which is set at 1422.

Under the RPS classifications, Pro is 1475 and Master is 1355. Big numbers here but I don't think that these are high enough in my opinion.

I look at the UPSA, RPS, and USAPL as these are the federations that are commanding the attention right now for me between the Arnold and national raw events. Either way, whether it is 1730, 1559 or whatever else I want to reach those numbers some day and I have the drive that I believe I can do it!

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates

Last edited by Shorts; 10-04-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #536
miked96
Max Brawn

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
I have been trying to find that out, and it is hard to find the correct answer (if there is even one?).

What I have seen though is that is pretty high and I am pretty far off. The qualifying total for 198's at RUM is 1559 or 1614 with wraps.

Under the USPA classifications Elite, is at 1558 and Int'l Elite is 1698 and I think these are realistic numbers for Raw and no wraps.

Under the USAPL/IPF classifications, Elite is at 1730 and Master is at 1592. 1730 is a HUGE total, so I am not sure if these are correct or not. Yet for national contests like the Arnold and Raw Nationals for USAPL you only needs a Class I total which is set at 1422.

Under the RPS classifications, Pro is 1475 and Master is 1355. Big numbers here but I don't think that these are high enough in my opinion.

I look at the UPSA, RPS, and USAPL as these are the federations that are commanding the attention right now for me between the Arnold and national raw events. Either way, whether it is 1730, 1559 or whatever else I want to reach those numbers some day and I have the drive that I believe I can do it!
You gotta love powerlifting! Your strong no matter what the classification. Battle on the border is a great meet and I wish you the best.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #537
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Thanks Mike, that's how I am looking at it!

I would rather compete and do well at a large/national meet than look at a "classification" of some type!

Hope to see you compete again sometime as well!

-Socrates
Old 10-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #538
miked96
Max Brawn

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

I wouldnt hold my breath for a powerlifting meet but I may do an olympic meet. I am not far from Savannah and they have them all the time.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #539
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
I researched the raw records and compiled my own personal standards.

198 530 squat, 350 bench, 565 deadlift and a 1445 total.

These were from 5 of the top natural feds; at least feds I trusted to be the most natural.

If you're above 1445 you're uber in my book. The pro standards I set based upon existing world records in these 5 raw feds were:

198 570 380 610 and a 1560 total.

Either way, you're one of the strongest humans I've met in the 198s.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #540
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Thanks for that information Steve! That means a lot to me coming from you.

What federations were the ones you looked at? I would enjoy getting involved in a single federation and continually competing within it, and obviously being natural is something I would like to continue with.

Thanks again

-Socrates