Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #31
flow
Brawn
Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts

Wah. This is not my training year at all. I wanted to hit the gym at least last thursday but catched up a virus on my stomach.

So nevertheless today I wanted to try my new idea. My knee is still hurting. I will try some light leg presses on friday.

As mentioned I want to try to raise the efford on the heavy day. I decided to shoot for 6-8 reps with 3min rest in each exercise. And 2 sets. Each of the sets is a maximum efford set but without failure. I stop if i am not sure if i can get the rep in good form or at all. So a RPE of 9-10.
If that wouldnīt work I will **** it,accept slower progress and move back to my old HLM programm.

Bench: 75x7/70x8
Row:65x8/65x7
Shoulder dumbell press: 25x8/22,5x8
Pulldown to chest: 65x7/60x9

Workout time including warm up: 50 minutes.

Comments:
After the training and during it i felt quite dizzy and tired afterwards. I hope that this is the rest of the virus in me and not when I am training hard i flat down like a pussy.

On thursday I will keep the high rep day at straight sets 2x15-20.

Till then.
flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hope you feel better.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #33
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Hope you feel better too, Flow. I think it's tough when you first get back into things. Everything is heavy, you're stressing your system and getting sick, form is all over the place, etc.

You need to get past all that in my opinion. Every day is a crap shoot. Do the best you can and then move forward to the next day. Your form will never be perfect unless the bar is always too light. Your system will adjust to the new workload as long as you ignore it's little signals (but listening to the big ones!), and everything is "heavy" until it isn't anymore.

Logs are great over time. Micro-managing the short term based on scanty log information with a new program is not so good.

Swede said it best. Just do it. Don't worry about analyzing the results. Some days suck, others don't. All rep schemes, time limits, and variations, etc. work, and then again none of them work too.

YOU make it work or not work. It's August! This could be your best training year ever. You never know until it's over, and it's a long time til New Year's Day.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #34
flow
Brawn

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts

Thank you for your encouraging words, they are appreciated.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #35
flow
Brawn

Well I got sick last week.

Today I hit the gym and tried some variations on leg training.

First, I hate training legs,second my long legs doesnīt help at all in motivating me.

I tried front squats and some leg presses. The presses are not that good build and I get a small rom. At the front squats my upper body tilt forward.

What really suits me better, becasue of my body build are deadlifts. I also used to like the classic version much more than sqqats becasue they just suit me better.

So i thought of a dead variation which also hit the legs at least a bit and thought about incorpoarting sumo deadlifts in my routine.
It might not be perfect. But my hammies,glutes and quads get more worked than the lower back. So i could possibly train them more often and I really like the idea and whats most important: I would stick to them.

So regarding this I thought of chaning my template this way:

Heavy: 3x5
Bench
Row
Dumbel Military Press
Sumo Deads
crunch

Light: 70-80% of the heavy day and doing 10īs for 3-4 sets and shorter rest.
Bench
row
sumo deads
Dumbell militarys press
crunch

Because I was sick again, I will start conservative on the heavy day and up the weight each week. the light day is adjusted to each weeks heavy day.

Also I think of repping out on the light day till i get no 10s anymore-but it should not interfere wit the heavy day. so a fixed set number might be better

I regard this template quite appealing-sure its not perfect but for me personal its really sound.

Also the cycle end when the 5s are exhausted (probabaly goin to 3x3 we will see) and I will repeat it over.

Some good links for sumo deads or things I should take care of?

Last edited by flow; 09-04-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #36
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Not sure if these will help Flow:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/exe...-deadlift.html

Glad you're feeling better. Get after it. Forget starting conservatively. Go hammer some iron, listening to your body during a given day. Your body will tell you what you need to know.

Ad advice...Don't plan down, meaning purposely lowering weight because of sick/tired, whatever. How you feel is a lie. I have my best days when I least expect it.

Go in, listen to your body during warmups, and get after it based on how you feel. Planning lighter weights based on the possibility you might be weaker isn't a good way to do things. I get stronger after a week off. You may have too.

I hope I don't sound lecturing. It's not my intention. I just want to see you succeed. Far too many guys plan deloads/down weeks when they should just go after it.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #37
flow
Brawn

Thank you BTB.
Its so nice from you, that you take your time in encouraging me. You donīt get paid for it, i appreciate it.=)

Btw I did today what you posted. I porgressed to a weight i felt comfortable with and did my work sets with it, nevertheless it happened to be lighter.
I understand what you mean.

thank you steve
Old 10-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Flow how are things? Are you still training?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #39
flow
Brawn

hi BTB,

thank you for your post. So nice=)

Yes. But i was sick again and also went to the doctor to check my blood values this time.
I didnīt wanted to post sessions I repeat over and over because of sickness that throws me back some weeks again.

I will post again when I come in the PR zone. Then it gets interesting.
Thank you for your interest. And belated happy birthday!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #40
flow
Brawn

For update.

I had some real nice discussions on the thinkmuscle forum site and I decided to give HST a shot.
I currently test my maxes and the plan would look like this:

Leg Press
Leg Curl
Bench Press
Row
Dumbbell Press
Pulldown
Cable Curl
Pushdown or CGPB
Abs 2x6-10
Hyperext:2x6-10
----------------
I still train 2x the week. The breakdown would be:
2x15 /6 sessions increase by 5% each.
2x10 /6 sessions increase by 5% each
2x5+1x15/6 sessions increase by 5% each

I will do zig zag to allow for cns regeneration which seems to be a issue for me.

I am excited. Only worry i have is overreaching when the load gets heavy. I did just for fun a 3 week HST 5īs cycle some months ago and after 3 sessions the joints began to ache and I really had problems moving the bar even with submax.load.

Perhaps thats why modern wave approaches (531 HLM) decrease the load after 3 sessions again and buidl up. In HST its 6 sessions.

The 15īs in the 5īs are thought for metabolic stress and also some joint prevention when coming to the heavy zones.

I will update when I start how the cycles goes.

Thank you guys and Steve.