Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Welcome back Soldier.

And subbed.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Thanks my friend!

So i finally get to log a workout. Today we did legs. First we did pt by running up and down a local hill called willard hil. Its a half mile of pure pain, and after running it a few times we did lunges and power jumps up it. It was a nice warmup that most would call a brutal workout. NOT US.

Soon i had my superpump in my hand, and it was off to the gym. One of the guys i train with is an awesome powerlifter. He's incredibly strong, but i know a lot more about training than he does (doesnt that drive u crazy!), so today i introduced him to training with partial lifts. He thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and i bet he'll be back to the world of partials very soon.

Partial dead squats (squats starting from a dead stop at the bottom, with the bar on the safety rails. The bar was positioned so we started above parallel, hence the title of "partial")-
95x5
135x5
225x5
275x5
315x5
315x5
315x5
220x10

I'm going to feel these in the morning!

Calf press on the hack squat machine-
220x6x4

Good mornings-
95x20
135x20
135x20

Leg extensions-
90x22 (failure)

I love doing good mornings, because i always wonder what people are thinking. Do they think i'm doing squats with horrible form, or do they just think i'm going to royally **** up my back? Either way, they felt great on my hips and glutes.

I really enjoyed this session. The partial dead squats nailed my quads which feels amazing. I'm looking forward to more sessions like this in the future.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Soon i had my superpump in my hand, and it was off to the gym. One of the guys i train with is an awesome powerlifter. He's incredibly strong, but i know a lot more about training than he does (doesnt that drive u crazy!), so today i introduced him to training with partial lifts. He thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and i bet he'll be back to the world of partials very soon.
Always interesting to find guys like that who make amazing progress but have never seemed to stumble across some of the information online that we are used to.

Quote:
I love doing good mornings, because i always wonder what people are thinking. Do they think i'm doing squats with horrible form, or do they just think i'm going to royally **** up my back?
Never thought about it, but interesting point. I;m sure very few have any clue what you're going, other than thinking you're the world's worst squatter.

Solid squat work today!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Welcome back Soldier

Good leg day to begin with.
Squatting from a dead stop is a pain! I prefer paused myself which is also tough and fun

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Crap, just wrote a whole post but lost it. Got some upper body today, but we jumped around a lot from exercise to exercise so i wont write it all out. Suffice to say that i got my pushup work for the day in.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Do your thing bro!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Crap, just wrote a whole post but lost it. Got some upper body today, but we jumped around a lot from exercise to exercise so i wont write it all out. Suffice to say that i got my pushup work for the day in.
I don't miss that at all. ushups:ushups:ushups:

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
Soldier
Max Brawn

It used to be a lot easier to keep a log going, lol. Now my time is all used up with my training, whether it be physical or mental. Monday we got in a very solid upper body workout with some heavy bench, chest supported rows and overhead Y presses. I'm really proud of one of the guys who's been training with me. He started just a couple months ago, barely benching 135. Monday he got 205, at a bodyweight of 155lb! Luckily me and my powerlifting buddy have been here to push him and give him a good program, and his results are phenominal! Along with the other newbs with whom we train, he's inspired me to keep pushing myself as well.

He also told me as we approached the chest supported row machine "Hell yeah, i've been waiting for this. This is my favorite thing!" I've pushed and pushed that a huge, thick back is the key to looking strong, and also pushed that a strong back will help his bench by allowing him to keep his chest out and shoulders pinned back through the movement. I also told him today that pushing himself on squats and lower body will help his bench too. When he asked why i said "i've told you, heavy lifting releases testosterone that makes u bigger everywhere!" To which he replied "Thats all you have to say to me," then proceeded to push himself on squats until he got light headed. It's so incredibly cool to have someone actually LISTEN when i try to help them, and i feel that his progress validates many of the ideas i picked up places like here and t-nation.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #19
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Power jumps UP a hill sounds like pure fun
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #20
Soldier
Max Brawn

So like i said, today we did lower body. I did higher rep bodybuilder squats with a high bar hold and my feet shoulder width apart, which is very different from my normal low bar, super wide stance squat. I enjoyed it, but i'm already feeling it in my thighs.

Squats-
45x8
135x8
185x8
225x8
225x8
225x8

At this point i stripped the bar to 135 and did a set of paused, explosive squats, focussing on speed. After 8 i was totally exhausted and called it a day on squats.

Good mornings-
95x20
95x20

Leg press-
55/legx40+
55/legx40+

They have the weird leg press where each leg is independant. I hate them, because they're trying to take stability out of the movement to make it more like freeweights, but the leg press will NEVER be a freeweight movement, so all they are doing is minimizung the force you can produce. I miss my good ol' sled leg press, but this will work for now as a high rep finisher.

Overall this was a good session, especially as a follow up to the good run we did this morning. I'll definitely be feeling my legs for a couple days. Hopefully upper body again tomorrow, if the Army doesnt have something more "important" for me to do instead.