Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #31
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Squat

310x1 - P AAARRRRRRGH!
310x1
Big, big PR. Congrats
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Big, big PR. Congrats
Thank you, kit. There's more coming. Maybe two more this week. We'll see how I recover first though, but I have opportunity to tie a Bench PR, and set a new Deadlift PR. Unexplored territory from now on. Here there be dragons. The thing to do with dragons is to slay them.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
They were saying on the news the other night that July, 2012 was the second hottest July on record. Second only to July, 1936, which was the hottest month EVER in Minneapolis/St. Paul anyway. We went the whole month of July without a daytime high in the 70's. In fact, you have to go back to mid-June, since we last had a daytime high under 80. A bunch of 90's, a couple of 100's... Still, the air conditioner miraculously keeps working...except the one in my car. Looks like some thunderstorms coming in tonight. Perhaps some relief with it.
My car AC never seem to work. The plight of our people

It's been crazy in the house. Once the sun hits the western side of the house and has no trees blocking its rays, our house heats up to 80 in no time. I think by 5 am it gets back to 70.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #34
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

I live in the top floor of an apartment complex. So the sun pretty much keeps roasting me, whether in the east of west. Thankfully, I spend a lot of time in my labs/office which are pretty nice and cool places.

Coming from India, I would have thought that the summers, no matter how harsh would be the least of my problems in mid-west. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Sure, the absolute temperature in a tropical summer is still significantly higher than the mid-west summer, but I think the MUCH higher UV radiation due to a 33% thinner ozone layer here is an overwhelming factor in how hot it feels.

Even my dad had a similar observation last year when he came over to visit me last July.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #35
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Awesome PRs!

Slay those Dragons!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #36
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My car AC never seem to work. The plight of our people

It's been crazy in the house. Once the sun hits the western side of the house and has no trees blocking its rays, our house heats up to 80 in no time. I think by 5 am it gets back to 70.

Quote:
I live in the top floor of an apartment complex. So the sun pretty much keeps roasting me, whether in the east of west. Thankfully, I spend a lot of time in my labs/office which are pretty nice and cool places.

Coming from India, I would have thought that the summers, no matter how harsh would be the least of my problems in mid-west. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Sure, the absolute temperature in a tropical summer is still significantly higher than the mid-west summer, but I think the MUCH higher UV radiation due to a 33% thinner ozone layer here is an overwhelming factor in how hot it feels.

Even my dad had a similar observation last year when he came over to visit me last July.
Funny the misconceptions people have about us upper prairie dwellers. Though BtB, you're more of a forest dweller. Still, these upper latitudes are NOT blanketed with show 10 months a year. Take glwanabe for example. I know the heat and humidity his area can get miserably oppressive for significant stretches of time. However, I would put my hotest, most humid day up against his hottest, most humid day anytime.

Looks like there's a cold front coming through tonight. Perhaps tomorrow we can finally get a daytime high back in the 70's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Awesome PRs!

Slay those Dragons!
Thank you, Mike. You are most kind.

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
Old 08-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #37
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Thursday, 8/2/12

Cycle III Wave 3 Workout B

BP (alternated with sets of chinups)
45x5
70x5
90x5
105x5
130x5
150x3
165x1
185x1 - ties PR. Spotter thought I had another nickle left in me.
190 - Fail
Pissed off, so:
135x8

Chinups (between sets of BP)
1/1/1/1 - I knew after the first "set" that I was going to have trouble. It didn't go up very easy. I eventually tweaked my middle back on the third "set."

Deficit BP done in strip set fashion. No rest, just change plates.
70x10
90x10
105x10
90x10
70x10

Pendlay Rows
140x8x3

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I'm interested in running a Smolov Cycle for BP. I think I've worked out in my mind how to do that and still keep a bit of a 531 presence in the squat and deadlift. It will mean scaling back squats and deads to maintenance levels only, as well as probably eliminating assistance work for those exercises. I don't know about doing the full Smolov Cycle (13 weeks?). Life just isn't that cooperative. I DO think I can manage a cycle of Smolov Jr. for starters. See how it works. I think, though, that I'll do one more cycle of 531 as I have been. My gym always shuts down for a few days at the end of Summer(cleaning/maintenance/etc.), and another cycle of 531 would put me in mid-September for a Smolov start up. There won't be any more scheduled gym closings until Thanksgiving. Should give me ample time to get things stirred up.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Congrats on the bench PR BigV. 190 will fall next session ... and then onto 200 and 2 plates a side
Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #39
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Congrats on the bench PR BigV. 190 will fall next session ... and then onto 200 and 2 plates a side
Thanks, kit. That was the talk the other night. If I hadn't tried 190, I would have gone home wondering. No shame in failing, only in not trying.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #40
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Congrats on the 3pps squat!!
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote