Duff
Brawn
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 6
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: beef
Duff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributor

Here is a clip of my GHR contraption.
Duff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

^ Looks like it works well. Is that a duffle bag or punching bag? Couldn't watch too long because of shaky cam.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #13
Duff
Brawn

Duff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributor

It's a canvas heavy bag, sorry about the clip quality I'm not the greatest camera guy.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #14
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Thanks guys, I'm more of a bench only guy but my training partners make me do squats and deadlifts.
I like your training partners!

Quote:
Right on, I'm looking at giving multi-ply shirts a whirl in the near future. I'm starting to research the different shirts out there, looking at a 2 or 3 layer phenom to try out.
I assume you mean the SDP by Inzer? I would avoid the phenom itself, hear a lot of bad stories about the blow outs. It has taken me over a year to learn a multiply shirt, and I still suck at it!

Quote:
It's a canvas heavy bag, sorry about the clip quality I'm not the greatest camera guy.
I like the set up, it does what it is suppose to do!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Duff
Brawn

Thanks for the info J Byrd, I will avoid the Phenom I had read that it stretches out quickly as well. I'm using a 47 single ply A/S katana right now at 235 bwt. Which shirt are you using now if you don't mind me asking? The garage is a pretty simple set up and I don't miss the commercial gym one bit, it's probably the best thing I have done for my training.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks for the info J Byrd, I will avoid the Phenom I had read that it stretches out quickly as well. I'm using a 47 single ply A/S katana right now at 235 bwt. Which shirt are you using now if you don't mind me asking? The garage is a pretty simple set up and I don't miss the commercial gym one bit, it's probably the best thing I have done for my training.
From all that I have read the Phenom isnt built well for multiply lifting. When I lift single ply I use the SKatana as well. I might be wrong, but that sounds like a pretty big size. I should wear a 52 @308. Multiply I use a Titan Assassain, which was a prototype shirt that Titan never made into full production. I have handled over 800 in the shirt, but had an off day on the bench at the last meet. Roger Ryan (Ryano on the board) has helped me a ton as I have gotten stronger in my shirt. Best thing I did was get rid of so much board work and work on taking weights to the chest. Made a big difference for me. I train in a private place as well, I would never make it in a public gym. If you get time post a few videos in your bench shirt and I will help you anyway I can. Welcome to MAB!!!!

Proudly sponsored by

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
Old 07-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #17
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Welcome to the board man! I like your setup...
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #18
Duff
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
From all that I have read the Phenom isnt built well for multiply lifting. When I lift single ply I use the SKatana as well. I might be wrong, but that sounds like a pretty big size. I should wear a 52 @308. Multiply I use a Titan Assassain, which was a prototype shirt that Titan never made into full production. I have handled over 800 in the shirt, but had an off day on the bench at the last meet. Roger Ryan (Ryano on the board) has helped me a ton as I have gotten stronger in my shirt. Best thing I did was get rid of so much board work and work on taking weights to the chest. Made a big difference for me. I train in a private place as well, I would never make it in a public gym. If you get time post a few videos in your bench shirt and I will help you anyway I can. Welcome to MAB!!!!
Thanks for the advice J Bryd, I'm guilty of lots of board work, I'll post some bench clips up here soon. I lift in the Canadian affiliate of the IPF because there are no other Feds up my way but I found some multiple feds in North Dakota that I hope to travel to for some comps.

Thanks Disciple X.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

Quote:
I lift in the Canadian affiliate of the IPF because there are no other Feds up my way but I found some multiple feds in North Dakota that I hope to travel to for some comps..
nothing wrong with the IPF allilated organizations, very strict feds.

Proudly sponsored by

Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #20
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Nice solid work going on, goo job!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote