Traphouse86
Max Brawn
Points: 6,569, Level: 53 Points: 6,569, Level: 53 Points: 6,569, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 6 Years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Muscle Milk & Xtend
Traphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Thanks BTB. It was like Christmas morning when I woke up from my night shift, my new katana came in. I have to give Anderson powerlifting some props super fast and cheap shipping to Canada and the shirt he recommended fits me like a glove.

Bench-225x5, 275x2, 315x1, 365x1 Shirt on torked the sleeves didn't pull down to far in front 405x3, 455x3, To 2 bd 495x2, 545x2PR
CGBP to 1Bd Index next to smooth-315-3x6
BO laterals-30's-3x15
Seated Alt. DB curls-45's-3x10

The first time in the shirt went well, here is a really crappy clip, seemed on the first rep it would have gone pretty low on the belly 2nd rep was a little better line. The weight felt good, I'll go heavier next time. The shirt really tore me up good no blood but some good bites. Next time I'll try to take it to a 1Bd.

New shirt-545x2 2BD - YouTube
Nice PR in the new shirt duff. Alot of people on here tell me the titan katana is the way to go.

"I donít believe that anyone knows what his or her full potential is, I donít believe in genetics as a ceiling for performance, and I donít believe in plateaus." JMB

Proudly Sponsored by http://muscleandbrawn.com/
Traphouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #102
Duff
Brawn
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 6
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: beef
Duff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributor

Thanks Traphouse, I have never tried any denim or multiply shirts so my comparisons are limited but the shirt will last a long time. I started with a fury then went with the F6 then the regular Katana now this Super Katana. The seams on the Katana are crazy strong I think the material would blow out before the seams. I used my last Katana for 3 years with hardly any wear and stretching was minimal. I have more to learn with this shirt but I'm feeling good about it so far.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #103
Duff
Brawn

Duff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributor

Dreaded deadlift day

Sumo Deads-135x5, 185x5, Suit bott. 225x3, 275x3, belt 315x2, straps up 365x1, 405x1, 455x1, 475x0 I miss the pull in the same spot every time half way up my thighs.
Rev. band Pend. rows-315-3x8
pull ups-3x8

I have to work on my sumo form the 475 came off the floor fast and just got stuck, I have to put myself in a better position to finish the lift right from the start. Oh well speed bench day soon.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #104
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Dreaded deadlift day

Sumo Deads-135x5, 185x5, Suit bott. 225x3, 275x3, belt 315x2, straps up 365x1, 405x1, 455x1, 475x0 I miss the pull in the same spot every time half way up my thighs.
Rev. band Pend. rows-315-3x8
pull ups-3x8

I have to work on my sumo form the 475 came off the floor fast and just got stuck, I have to put myself in a better position to finish the lift right from the start. Oh well speed bench day soon.
Not sure if anyone ever mentioned this to you, if so ignore my babbling, but usually a sticking point is a few inches lower on a lift then where a lifter notices the slowing. By the time we notice it slowing, there has already been a period of deceleration.

Anyway, thought I would mention it in case you are looking to address a weak spot.

Keep crushing it hombre!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #105
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

smoked those benches! Should have went to 600 wussy!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #106
Duff
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Not sure if anyone ever mentioned this to you, if so ignore my babbling, but usually a sticking point is a few inches lower on a lift then where a lifter notices the slowing. By the time we notice it slowing, there has already been a period of deceleration.

Anyway, thought I would mention it in case you are looking to address a weak spot.

Keep crushing it hombre!
Good point BTB, I never thought about it that way, I'll post some clips up they are not very good but you can see my positioning. I welcome pointers, anything to get my lifts up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
smoked those benches! Should have went to 600 wussy!
Lol, I know my regular liftoff and spot guy wasn't there so I was a little nervous, next time the panty's are coming off.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #107
Duff
Brawn

Here's a clip of a couple deads, if you see something I'm doing wrong please tell me.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-11-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Duff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #108
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Here's a clip of a couple deads, if you see something I'm doing wrong please tell me.

Deads 405 & 455 - YouTube
Big wheels.

Couple minor things that may help. Your first lift the bar was out too far. You didn't get as upright, had a weaker leverage than during your second lift, and as a result you could see your hips moving up as you initiated the lift. The result was that you had to rely on your lower back more.

On the second lift the bar was closer to your shins, you were more upright, and your hips didn't move up when you started pulling.

My only advice is to try to get as consistent as possible with starting bar setup.

Other than that, looks decent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image6.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	5208  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #109
Duff
Brawn

Thanks BTB, I appreciate the help, I see what you are saying I will practice the pull a lot more. I'm planning to do speed pulls on DE days after squats to try to get more reps and practice on these.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #110
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

I understand the lift off thing. Really looked solid for first spin. Looking fwd to seeing some monster numbers!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote