Old 07-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #41
TimLPL
Brawn
Points: 680, Level: 13 Points: 680, Level: 13 Points: 680, Level: 13
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 4-5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat!
TimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
congrats on PR TimLPL ... going very good ...
Thanks buddy! Had a great workout today!
TimLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #42
TimLPL
Brawn

TimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good postsTimLPL has made some very good posts
Default Peaking Cycle Week 5 Day 1

Workout Grade: A

Energy was pretty decent. Deadlift form wasnt the greatest but still solid. I try to judge by low back soreness and I dont have any yet nor did I during my workout. I felt pretty beast on the bench today. Little bit of pain in the wrists and shoulders after the workout but nothing serious. I didnt use my belt at all. I did test out the slingshot and I love it.

DEADLIFT
5x135
4x235
2x325
2x5x415 - MG
Form didnt seem the greatest but all in all decent reps. I couldnt hold on OH.

BENCH
12xbar
6x135
3x225
2x275
1x315 - wraps
1x335 - wraps
add slingshot
2x275 - just to test it
1x335
1x355
1x365
1x375 - default PR (because I have never done them)
WOW! I love the slingshot. I was really able to move some weight with this thing. The last rep was a little grinder. I set the rack a little high so I was barely able to clear it on lockout. I still feel I could have gotten a little more yet. I like how the weight still feels like the full weight at unrack and lockout.

DEAD STOP GOOD MORNINGS
6x135
3x225
3x275
3x315
1x335
1x335
1x345 - default PR
These were pretty awesome. These were a really deep start. Definitely felt these in my glutes and hammies. No belt.

SEATED ROWS
3x8x220
1x6x220
Really nice squeeze on these. Little bit of body english/rowing but held the negative to a crawl.

Workout Time: 65 minutes

This workout was the best workout I have had in a while. Hit 2 PRs, even if they were default PRs. Im ready for some squatting in a couple days. I am not sure if I will do shoulder work or squatting first. I will see how I feel. I will be using knee wraps this week on squats.
Also, I ordered some bands, so I should be receiving them in about 5-10 days or so. Then its time to get the lifting on
Old 07-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #43
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Strong work buddy.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #44
TimLPL
Brawn

Thanks Ltl! Im really looking forward to using bands next week!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #45
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Cool. What you using and what for?

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
1x375 - default PR (because I have never done them)
WOW! I love the slingshot. I was really able to move some weight with this thing. The last rep was a little grinder. I set the rack a little high so I was barely able to clear it on lockout. I still feel I could have gotten a little more yet. I like how the weight still feels like the full weight at unrack and lockout.
Glad you enjoy it. That overload will bring nothing but goodness.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #47
TimLPL
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Cool. What you using and what for?

LtL
I am going to be using the EliteFTS EFS Pro bands. Not quite sure which ones I will use for what but I am planning on working some speed next week on squats and bench so I will probably use a light band for both. It seems that you have had nice success with bands. I have used chains before and I liked them but now our gym doesnt have them.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #48
TimLPL
Brawn

Default Peaking Cycle Week 5 Day 4

Workout Grade: B

Didnt really feel like getting out of bed today again but I was able to force myself up. Energy was decent after that. I used my knee wraps for a couple sets but I am not sure if I put them on right. I think they maybe helped a little bit. Cut the leg presses short as I was out of energy.

SQUAT
8xbar
7x135
5x225
3x315
2x5x365
These are seeming to get harder. I seemed to be getting forward a lot. Still able to push out of my heels but the form doesnt seem the greatest. No belt.

BENCH SQUAT ~ 13-14 inches off the floor
2x315
2x365
2x405 - belt
1x425 - belt
1x455 - belt + knee wraps - PR at this height
missx475
deadstop squat - 1x405
The 455 was pretty much a grinder. This was at least 2 inches shorter than last week. I messed up on the 475 when I moved the stops too high. I hit the stop at the bottom of the lift with one side and that threw me off. I tried to dead stop squat the 475 but that didnt work. I thought it was moving but it wasnt budging. I stripped off the 70 pounds and deadstop squatted the 405 from lower than the bench.

WALKING DB LUNGES
4x5x80
This is per side.

LEG PRESS
2x6x755
I went to start a 3rd set but I gave up on it. I was toasted. I havent sweat like that in a long time. I kept my legs on the leg press the whole time.

Workout Time: 60 minutes

I just wasnt too motivated today but I was still able to get some decent weight moved. I may deload/speed work next week. Time will tell. Hopefully I have my bands by next week.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #49
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

you will see good gains from the overload work with the slingshot!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #50
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
These are seeming to get harder. I seemed to be getting forward a lot. Still able to push out of my heels but the form doesnt seem the greatest.
I hammer this to a lot of guys. Make sure your elbows are staying in about the same position. If they start to roll up as you fatigue your back is loosing tightness, and you'll start to get forward.

Keep smashing it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote