Old 06-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
DanB
Brawn
Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: ....
DanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good posts
Default Dan's training log

Decided to start a training log on here purely to track my workouts/ Nutrition/ progress etc. It is purely for my benefit to keep this log so please keep any unconstructive critisism to yourself about pictures posted/ workouts/ nutrition if your not going to give your views on how I could improve.

Constructive critisism is very welcome!

Im 21, been training since 17 and have set myself a goal to improve my physique as much as possible over the next 16 weeks beginning Monday

Im beginning with a short 6 week cut followed by a clean 10 week bulk and we'll see where I end up.

for the next 6 weeks is -
M- biceps/ shoulders
T- legs/ calves
W- chest/ abs
T- back/ abs/ calves
F- triceps/ abs/ cardio
S- cardio
S- cardio

Will be incorporating fasted cardio in the early am before work.
You will notice when I start posting my nutrition up that I have 3 liquid meals a day 2 2scoop whey shakes, and a cnp meal replacement. I have a very active job and only get 30 minutes break between starting at 8am and finishing at around 6:30 this means i have to have these on the go..

an example of this would be -
M
1- 3 whole eggs, 7 egg whites, 1tbs evoo, 3 pieces wholemeal toast, salad
2- meal replacement shake
3- 200g chicken, 100g brown rice, 100g broccoli
4- 2 scoops whey
5- 130g tuna, salad
6- 200g chicken, 100g brown rice, 50g spinach
7- 2 scoops whey

when I note down my nutrition I will try my best to put down the macros but if im in a rush to get into bed after a long day of graft then ill probably limit it to just the kcals and g's of protein.

After a round a month of been jobless and eating what i could, when i could im finally back in a position to afford what i need and make this change happen!

Thats it...

Fasted cardio in the morning to get me into the cutting mind set for the next 6 weeks beginning monday.. im gonna kill this..
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Welcome to MAB! Looking forward to se you smash your goals.
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
DanB
Brawn

DanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good posts

Thanks bro! R

Fasted cardio this morning was =
Crosstrainer @ 60-70%MHR (120-140) for 45 minutes

Sups so far - 3 anavite, 5g bcaas, 1g omega 3

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs, 7 egg whites, 1tbs evoo, 3 pieces wholemeal toast

Off to do my weekly food shop in less than an hours time.. need some sort of low carb, low fat, low sodium source/ herbs to change the taste of my eggs though as after about 3 years of eating them every morning im starting to get sick of them haha..

Cant wait to hit Bi's/ Delts tomorrow night!..
Old 06-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum Dan. Read some of your posts and liked what you had to say.

Quote:
You will notice when I start posting my nutrition up that I have 3 liquid meals a day 2 2scoop whey shakes, and a cnp meal replacement. I have a very active job and only get 30 minutes break between starting at 8am and finishing at around 6:30 this means i have to have these on the go..
Been there myself. Got to do what you got to do. Getting in your protein which is good.

Quote:
After a round a month of been jobless and eating what i could, when i could im finally back in a position to afford what i need and make this change happen!
Good luck! Make it happen.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
DanB
Brawn

Thank you! I know this is a lifestyle and im in for the long haul but thought it would be interesting to see how far i could push myself, and how much my physique could change over a 16 week period.

Starting pics will be taken tomorrow morning but put up either Wednesday/Thursday this week as im taking the pictures on my blackberry phone and waiting for a usb for my phone to be delivered so I can upload them. I know I look pretty bad at the moment but in all honesty dont care, im just after the end result.

Diet today has been low kcal just to get me back into the cutting mind set, plus theres no weight training today -
Meal-
1- 3 whole eggs, 7 egg whites, 1tbs evoo, 3 pieces wholemeal toast - 715kcal 47gp
2- 2 scoops whey (phd - pharma whey) - 195kcal 36.5gp
3- 200g chicken, spinach, tomato, spring onion - 235kcal 42gp
4- 130g tuna, spinach, cucumber - 245kcal 36gp
5- 2 scoops whey - 195kcal 36.5gp
6- 200g chicken, spinach, pepper - 200kcal 40gp

1540kcal 238gp

This is a very low calorie day and my day off work/ weight training.. from tomorrow my daily intake atleast for the first week will be around 2700kcal

sups today -
6 anavite, 10g bcaas, 2g omega 3 ..
Old 06-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
DanB
Brawn

Prep'd meals ready for tomorrow.. bring it

Theres no such thing as a rest day, its a lifestyle that requires work everyday,
Bring it
Old 06-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Thank you! I know this is a lifestyle and im in for the long haul but thought it would be interesting to see how far i could push myself, and how much my physique could change over a 16 week period.
Push for progression, eating plenty of food, and I think there is a chance at a 5 pound muscle gain which would be nice in 16 weeks.

Go get it!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
DanB
Brawn

Todays diet so far- what will be ..
Meals -
1- 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 1tbs evoo, 100g oats, 1scoop whey - 780kcal 54gp
2- 2 scoops whey - 195kcal 36.5gp
3- 200g chicken, 100g rice, spinach - 560kcal 49gp
4- 2 scoops whey - 195kcal 36.5gp
5- (pre w/o) 200g chicken, 100g rice, spinach, 1 apple - 590kcal 49gp
6- (post w/o) 2 scoops whey - 195kcal 36.5gp
7- 100g chicken - 100kcal 20gp

2615kcal - 281.5gp

Waiting for my cnp meal replacements to arrive tomorrow..

Just eaten meal 5 ready for Biceps/ shoulders at 8:30!
Cant wait to get in the gym tonight!

Theres no such thing as a rest day, its a lifestyle that requires work everyday,
Bring it
Old 06-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
DanB
Brawn

OK! biceps/ shoulders DONE!

Ez curls (bar 7kgish) weight not including the bar -
wu -
5kg x20
wk -
45kg(20 + 2.5kg plate a side) x8
47.5kg x6
42.5kg x8

Db curls - weight each hand
wu -
12kg's(1 12kg db in each hand) x12
wk -
24kgs x6
24kgs x8
24kgs x8

Preacher curls - using the ez bar(7kg bar) - weight not including the bar
wk -
30kg(15kg plate a side) x12
35kg x8
20kg x20
20kg x20 (rested 10 seconds at 10 reps before getting the last 10 out)
the last 10 of each 20 rep set i was really concentrating on the stretch and squeeze.. it burned..

Smith military press - weight not including bar - no idea how much the bar weights so will call it 7kg -
wu -
20kg(10kg plate a side) x20
wk -
60kg x12
80kg x6
70kg x8

Machine shoulder press -
wk -
50kg x20
59kg x13

3 1/4 controlled neg and explosive positive.. was already quite fatigued at this point.. been a long day.. but no excuses

cable rear delt flyes - number is number on the cable plates e.g. 3,4 - 1 arm at a time
wk -
3 x12
4 x10
4 x11
enjoy these, can really let your arm strtch back across your body and let the resistance stretch your rear delt and get a nice isolated contraction through the positive.

lateral raise - dbs - weight is db per hand -
wu -
12kg's x12
20kg's x8 <drop set> 12kg's x8
16kg's x8

front db raises - weight is db per hand -
wu -
12kg's x12
wk -
18kg's x10
18kg's x10 pain.

Overall -
good workout still getting used to training in the evening but think im adapting well.. looking forward to killing every workout at 200% over the next 16 weeks.. determined I will lose some fat and gain some muscle and strength eating clean as possible.. want my usb cable to arrive so i can start putting pics/ vids up etc.. hurry up royal mail!

BRING IT!

Bring it
Old 06-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
DanB
Brawn

A little short for time this morning -

Meal 1 = 1 whole eggs, 9 egg whites.. I drank them.. It was like drinking phlegm, EUGH
60g oats, 2 pieces wholemeal toast

521kcal - 48gp

Bring it