Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #61
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Smash the iron.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #62
DanB
Brawn
Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: ....
DanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good posts

Smashed isnt the word.. DESTROYED is a more appropriate term.
I cant even believe what happened in the gym tonight.. beast mode was engaged, focus was pin sharp.. i was the only person in the gym!! so there was large scale grunting (for that extra viking power, haha).. I smashed last weeks numbers and actually had a 10 minute lye down on a crash mat before coming home.. I gave it everything.

wide grip chins -
woo, these are definitely coming back up.

pull ups -
as stated last week not aiming to progress with these.. more of a preping warm up for bb rows if anything haha..

barbell rows -
60kg x20
100kg x12!! (+4 reps from last week!!!)
102.5kg x10 (+2.5kg +2 reps on last week!!!)

wide machine rows - the progression on these was pretty crazy, sharp focus, 200% intensity and effort
35kg x20
105kg x12!! (+5kg on last week!!)
102.5kg x10!! (+2.5kg on last week!!)
102.5kg x10+" partials!! (102.5kg on last week however 3 less reps than last week with 100.. but after the first 2 sets can you blame me!!!)

close machine rows - WOO! Beast mode, engage.
35kg x20
102.5kg x12!!!!!!! (12.5kg +2 reps on last week!!!.. i did say i was laying the base a few weeks ago and the progression im making is insane.. I swear to you its the beef mince!!! its changed me!!!)
95kg x12!! (5kg + 2reps on last week)
95kg x12!! (5kg +2reps on last week)

WOW at this point i have my head on the chest pad of the machine near unconscious.. the effort i gave with these was imense, did myself proud! ... oh year time to kill my lower back now with machine hyperextensions..

machine hyperextensions -
120kg x20 (+7kg on last week)
134kg x15!!
134kg x15!! .... do i even need to say it..

went and crashed out on the mat for 10 minutes regathering the energy to walk home..

Made great progression, gave every rep 200% effort. There was one quote running through my head tonight that motivated me so much and played a big part .. Arnold Schwartzeneger - "Whilst your out there partying, horsing around, someone outthere at the same time is working hard, they are getting smarter, and they are winning" .. that ment so much to me been the only one of my mates to stay in on a friday night and been the only one in the gym.. little things really motivate me.
pump was great tonight also, back felt huge! I actually feel as though the beef mince ive recently swiched too has really had an effect on my body.. i feel as though my recent gains are largely due to this change in my nutrition.

Theres no such thing as a rest day, its a lifestyle that requires work everyday,
Bring it
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #63
DanB
Brawn

DanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good posts

Will Smith. What an inspirational man with unbelievable wisdom and work ethic.

"If we both get on a treadmill one of two things will happen. Either you'll get of the treadmill before me, or ill die on that treadmill"

Theres no such thing as a rest day, its a lifestyle that requires work everyday,
Bring it

Last edited by DanB; 07-06-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #64
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
DESTROYED is a more appropriate term.
Excellent!

Quote:
i feel as though my recent gains are largely due to this change in my nutrition.
I have no doubt.

Congrats on the rock solid day. Keep smashing.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #65
DanB
Brawn

Thanks BTB appreciate the support!

Bring it
Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #66
DanB
Brawn

Wow. Tonight was my works do and I really wanted to go, however due to temptations "beer, nasty food, and certain women from my past" I decided last minute that I shouldnt put off training chest/ bi's until tomorrow and that going would only hinder my progression. The result of this decision was frustration.. this frustration created energy.. this energy resulted in the folowing....

Bench press -
bar x20
60kg x10
80kg x10

95kg x4!! (2.5kg increase from last week!!)

I know these weights are still peanuts but the rate of my progression with these so far is awesome and i can see these numbers improving dramatically over the coming months! Again mind set was razor sharp. Worth mentioning that i do touch my chest with the bar on each rep as well as briefly pause, no bouncing here.. i really cant understand why some people are so desperate to boost their ego that they sacrafice form for weight.. just why?..

ez bar curls - oh yes.. yet more progression. Weights are not including the bar.
bar x20
52.5kg x6
52.5kg x6
52.5kg x6
52.5kg x6
(2.5kg increase on all sets!!!)
Next week I will be sticking with this weight instead of increasing and aiming for 8 reps a set as i feel im nearing a stall on this and should slow down to make steady progression.

incline smith press -
47.5kg x20
77.5kg x5
77.5kg x5
77.5kg x5
77.5kg x5
47.5kg x20
47.5kg x20

dumbbell curls!! - progression isnt the word, i was doing more weight for the same reps, and it felt alot easier than last week!!!
8kg's(weight of db per hand) x20
26kg's x8
26kg's x8
26kg's x8
26kg's x8 ........ a 2kg increase in each hand on every set for the same reps!!!!

VERY happy with these! again perfect form no movement of body, no swinging, full on bicep power!
My arms are visibly reacting well to these heavier weights and lower reps (lower than im used to)

did some flat db flyes, hammer curls, plate pinches(to failure), and a little peck deck to finish not many sets generally just to finish off..

OVERALL -
Progression has been crazy so far but i know it will only last a few weeks at this pace before it really slows down and im fighting for that extra rep each week. great pump in the gym felt like an animal.. actaully been getting some goos comments from the people working at the gym which always feels good and gives that little extra motivation. think ive really hit the nail on the head with my current training and nutrition.. the lean beef base of my diet along with heavy training is really working miracles for me at the moment. If all goes well and i make good progress over the next few months i may look to set a goal to compete in a natural bodybuilding competition towards the end of 2013.. but one thing at a time lets see how this goes.

Bring it
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #67
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Peanuts schmeanuts, that's a quality jump. Excellent progress.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #68
DanB
Brawn

Will post all exact numbers tonight but..

squats last night! top sets were 167.5kg x4, 4

Yeah.. my squats come back up awesomely..

How i felt leaving the gym -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leaving gym.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	4889  

Bring it
Old 07-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #69
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
squats last night! top sets were 167.5kg x4, 4
That's getting it done.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #70
DanB
Brawn

OH YES. Im back. Had to take a few days out due to working till around 9-10pm 2 nights this week which was past last entry at my old gym... LUCKILY I have Joined a new gym this morning so this will no longer be an issue in the future and I feel renewed! hitting Chest/ biceps tonight! wish me luck!

Bring it