Old 06-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #51
DanB
Brawn
Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: ....
DanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good posts

Tonights workout was an enjoyable full body pump up, circuit/ instinct type workout with light weight and high reps for a fat burn, sweat it out, active recovery type goal...
Consisted of -

Ez curls
db flyes
db side raises
rope pushdowns
db side raises
db squats
seated calve raises

a mixture of the above exercises with a minimum of 20 reps for each exercise done.

also trained some abs or "core" as they call it now

crunches 3 sets
rope kneeling cable crunches 2 sets
lying leg raise to bicycle crunch 2 sets
oblique twist machine 2 sets
200 standing twists

felt like a great workout.. enjoyed it! feel ive hit all my main areas for progression this week so this workout was more of a treat for me.. did have the intention of doing some running etc.. but i didnt.. 2 days of cardio only now though for sat and sun.

Saw an old mate in the gym that i used to train with a few years back.. he wasnt looking too great and was actually asking me for advice which felt good.. got some good comments from him which also gave me an ego boost.. Its great seeing people from your past and shocking them with your appearence (used to be an obese kid/teen which was bullied alot through school.. the reason I started training)..

ANYWAY life story over.. cardio tomorrow.. BRING IT!

Theres no such thing as a rest day, its a lifestyle that requires work everyday,
Bring it
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #52
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Its great seeing people from your past and shocking them with your appearence (used to be an obese kid/teen which was bullied alot through school.. the reason I started training)..
I hear you. I was a non-existent, quiet kid in school. Odd when you meet someone from high school and they are about the same, but you;re completely different...

Anyway, tear up that cardio.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #53
DanB
Brawn

DanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good posts

Back to war tonight with chest/ biceps. im gonna kill it! stand by for progressive numbers..

Theres no such thing as a rest day, its a lifestyle that requires work everyday,
Bring it
Old 07-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #54
DanB
Brawn

Well the worst weather Ive seen in my area in a while hammering it down with rain, thunder and lightening, flooded roads.. and theres me in a t-shirt, 2 jumpers, a hoodie, and 2 pairs of trackies batteling through the rain walking to the gym haha! must have looked crazy! .....

I DOMINATED tonight! what a workout! smashed last weeks numbers, literally pulled their pants down and had my way with them.

SO.. chest/ biceps -

Bench press -
bar x20
60kg x10
80kg x10

92.5kg x5 (+2.5kg +1 rep on last week!!!!)
92.5kg x4 (+2.5kg on last week!!!!)

80kg x6 <drop-set> 60kg x10 (with 3 second pause)

On all 4 of my working sets I increased the weight by 2.5kg! this is a massive increase in volume over last weeks 90kgx4 accross the board!! I put this down to my pre workout meal tonight which was awesome! = 300g lean mince, spinach, tomato, mixed herbs, pepper, 100g oats, 1tbs honey, 1 banana = lifting fuel!! plus i bought a new album (dragonforce - power within) which was awesome for motivation throughout!! very upbeat and fast feel good music! overall very happy with this weeks bench progress.

Ez curls -
bar x20
50kg +bar(7.5kgish) x8!! (2 rep increase from last week!)
50kg +bar x8!! (2 rep increase from last week!)
50kg +bar x7!! (1 rep incrase from last week!)
50kg +bar x6 (same as last week)

Alot of progression here especially considering the size of the bicep muscle.. to increase by a total of 5 reps at this weight over the 4 sets is a great achievement i feel! just wait till next week when im aimin gfor 8 reps across the board.

incline smith press -
37.5kg x30
77.5kg x6
77.5kg x5
77.5kg x5
77.5kg x5

37.5kg x20,20 burnouts, rest-pause on second set.

I notice that last week i wasnt really laying a base for progression with this lift, more going for power with pauses at chest before exploding into the positive. Fo this reason I did 4 sets between 5-7 which will be my rep range on this exercise for the weeks to come.

db curls - wow, killed these! yet more progression!
10kg's (2 10kg db's, one in each hand) x15
26kg's x8 (4kg total increase from last weeks 24's!!)
26kg's x8 (4kg increase!)
26kg's x7 (4kg increase!)
26kg's x7 (4kg increase!)
WOW, were these numbers came from after last week I dont know.. just wow.. intense.

few sets of cable flyes
few sets of db hammer curls

OVERALL - I won. I have switched my food source from mainly chicken to mainly lean mince as of the end of last week and think this may have helped.. theres always that nutrition your body combines a little better with, think beef is my think. My focus was on point tonight, headphones in, aggressively attacked every set as though i was going to the death. Had a few comments tonight in the gym which felt really great! 1- how old are you, your huge, by the time your 23 you'll be a monster! (from one of the more experienced guys in he gym) 2- what are you taking to get like that! (my mate.. thinks everyone that trains hard is juiced to the gills.. im natural so far by the way, hence he pathetic numbers haha!).. Anyway.. feel like the lower reps heavy weight approach is having a great effect on me! Wish I had someone to train with though as the guy i was supposed to be training with has been otherwise engaged(lack of dedication, goodbye)..

Stay tuned folks, some serious progrssion gon happen in this log!

TEAM BRING IT!

Bring it
Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #55
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I DOMINATED tonight! what a workout! smashed last weeks numbers, literally pulled their pants down and had my way with them.
Heck yeah. Well done.

Quote:
I have switched my food source from mainly chicken to mainly lean mince as of the end of last week and think this may have helped.. theres always that nutrition your body combines a little better with, think beef is my think.
Something too that. My body always feels better with beef.

Way to kill it.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #56
DanB
Brawn

Thanks BTB!

Tonight is legs! one of my target areas for improving..
Feeling abit tired and achey from a long day at work but im currently eating my pre workout lean mince, spinach, oats, honey.. and soon banana to kick me up the @ss..

The plan is to squat heavy 4x4-6 then also do squats as assists for higer reps varying stance.. squat some more.. squat.. then squat.. maybe a few more squats.. then finish with some leg extensions, leg curls, then move onto calves.

Bring it
Old 07-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #57
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Sounds like squat hell. Hopefully after that first set or two you feel more energy.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #58
DanB
Brawn

Squattin hell! last nights workout was work!

Squats -
57.5kg x10
107.5kg x10
147.5kg x5
157.5kg x4
157.5kg x4
147.5kg x4
Squat weight is definitely on the way back up!

assists.. yep more squats..
120kg x10
120kg x10
120kg x8
120kg x6 <drop-set> 100kg x8 <drop> 80kg x8 <drop> 60kg x8 .. DEATH

leg curls .. 2 warm up sets 2 working sets

went to do seated calve raises as a rest before doing leg extensions and then.. BOOM massive pain in my left calve! thought id torn it.. so abandoned doing calves for the night and limped over to the adductor and abductor machines (the lady machines)
supersetted 4 working sets on the adduct and abduct machines.. then hobbled home..

thankfully my calve was ok this morning and has been all day so no harm done there! my legs had that swole feeling all day also with sitting, climbing stairs, and generally walking around been a painfully slow process haha! love it.

Shoulders/ tri's tonight.. again feeling very drained from a long day at work looking forward to my day off on Sunday! and a cheat meal!! which will be an all out cheat meal i assure you! haha!

anyway.. my pre workout beef mince, spinach, oats and honey have been eaten.. now for my apple.. 3 tea spoons of coffee pre workout and im ready to go kill it!

Bring it
Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #59
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Squattin hell!
Squatting hell, quads that swell.

Nice beat down.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #60
DanB
Brawn

Back tonight!! .. got a twinge in my left trap which was giving me some greef whilst lifting sand bags today but im going to battle through it (wise or not we will see) as i think it may be ok once warmed up. Anyway the lean mince and oats have just been eaten so its officially ON!

Im going to kill this. Watch this space.. progressive numbers up shortly.

Bring it