Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member
Default P.H.A.T. boy leans out

Hello MAB!

8 months away from lifting, a bunch of personal issues, awesome food during a month long vacation, and I have ballooned up to 198 lbs with a 38" waistline. Time to cut out the flab ...

What I have learnt ...
Rather unfortunately, each time I go overboard with singles, my wrists get damaged. Therefore, in order to stay injury free, I will try the (relatively) higher volume route after I start getting used to lifting again. I will be loosely following Layne Norton's P.H.A.T.

This still has a couple of power days, but the rep ranges will be 3-5 rather than doubles and singles. The next 2-3 days are higher volume days.

Starting at a weak 198 lbs, let's see what sort of progress I can make over the next few weeks ...

Last edited by kitarpyar; 06-09-2012 at 09:35 AM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member
Default 8th June 2012

Power day - I

Bench
45 x 12
95 x 7
115 x 5
140 x 5 sets x 3

Barbell curl
45 x 10
70 x 2 sets x 5
70 x 7

Squats
45 x 10
135 x 6
155 x 5 sets x 5

Standing calf raises
90 x 12
180 x 10
270 x 6
290 x 3 sets x 6

Abs
Mountain climbers

That was all for yesterday. Later today, I will try some overhead pressing, close-grip bench, barbell rows and deadlifts.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 06-09-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Hello MAB!

8 months away from lifting, a bunch of personal issues, awesome food during a month long vacation, and I have ballooned up to 198 lbs with a 38" waistline. Time to cut out the flab ...

What I have learnt ...
Rather unfortunately, each time I go overboard with singles, my wrists get damaged. Therefore, in order to stay injury free, I will try the (relatively) higher volume route after I start getting used to lifting again. I will be loosely following Layne Norton's P.H.A.T.

This still has a couple of power days, but the rep ranges will be 3-5 rather than doubles and singles. The next 2-3 days are higher volume days.

Starting at a weak 198 lbs, let's see what sort of progress I can make over the next few weeks ...
How are you arranging your diet?

Best regards,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
How are you arranging your diet?

Best regards,

Chillen
Thanks for dropping by Chillen!

Basically my diet consists of 3 solid meals and 3 protein shakes with milk a day (one pre-WO, one post-WO and one while at work, when I cant get out to have much solid food).

Fruits, oats, grains, milk for breakfast
Half a dozen eggs and vegetables (especially legumes and some greens) for lunch
Some form of meat for dinner

I work in a research group, where a number of fellow grad students and post-docs love eating / are excellent cooks. So, usually I will end up with a couple of cheat meals a week.

I think the best diet is one that works and can be worked into my daily schedule, so instead of looking at this as a one time transformation crash diet, I want something that I can persist with, as a lifestyle.

As such, I am not tracking calories, but I am basically letting my body tell me how much I need. A check at the end o the week on scales should also provide pointers whether I am staying on track.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome back Kit. Good to see you moving iron again.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Thanks for dropping by Chillen!

Basically my diet consists of 3 solid meals and 3 protein shakes with milk a day (one pre-WO, one post-WO and one while at work, when I cant get out to have much solid food).
Looks good

Three meals a day keep your hunger at bay?

Quote:
Fruits, oats, grains, milk for breakfast
Half a dozen eggs and vegetables (especially legumes and some greens) for lunch Some form of meat for dinner
Ditto here, MAB brother!

Quote:
I work in a research group, where a number of fellow grad students and post-docs love eating / are excellent cooks. So, usually I will end up with a couple of cheat meals a week.
No problem here, if it fits in your restriction, keeps you sane, and your dietary trend history and response is leading to tissue loss.

Quote:
I think the best diet is one that works and can be worked into my daily schedule, so instead of looking at this as a one time transformation crash diet, I want something that I can persist with, as a lifestyle.
This is very intelligent thinking, young man.

Quote:
As such, I am not tracking calories, but I am basically letting my body tell me how much I need. A check at the end o the week on scales should also provide pointers whether I am staying on track.
The best advice I can give you if you are deciding to do it this way, is to study labels, portion sizes, calories and macros in food, and personally KNOW what you need for calories for maintenance and soliciting tissue loss. This will better serve you when you make calculations (in your head) on-the-fly as you live life, not mention some peace of mind when working toward your goal.

Much success your way!

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome back Kit. Good to see you moving iron again.
Thanks BTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Looks good

The best advice I can give you if you are deciding to do it this way, is to study labels, portion sizes, calories and macros in food, and personally KNOW what you need for calories for maintenance and soliciting tissue loss. This will better serve you when you make calculations (in your head) on-the-fly as you live life, not mention some peace of mind when working toward your goal.

Much success your way!

Chillen
Thanks Chillen
Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Default 9th June 2012

Power day - II

Clean and Press
45 x 12
85 x 5
110 x 5 sets x 3
110 x 4

Barbell Rows
110 x 5
145 x 3 sets x 5

[U]Close grip bench[/U}
45 x 8
95 x 5
120 x 5 sets x 3

Deadlifts
135 x 5
185 x 3 sets x 3
Old 06-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Welcome back Kit

I really liked the look of the PHAT routine.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Welcome back Kit

I really liked the look of the PHAT routine.
thanks Fazc. I am just glad that I am back to lifting