Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Babs: Bars and Bras Log... (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10053)

5kgLifter 05-23-2012 05:44 PM

Babs: Bars and Bras Log...

Time for a new start, hopefully next Monday; first, I need to sort something tomorrow (Thursday), Monday morning at the very latest.

Important note: Due to my Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and the amount of pain it can and frequently does cause, progression has to be careful. Even smaller weightloads can cause issues which means the larger loads using the larger musculature of the back and chest area have the potential to cause even more pain in addition to the base pain levels. The last thing I need is to have a really abd flare-up that will halt training for a long time or indeed prevent any more training. This all means, keeping an eye on the response from my body after each session, watching for accumulated problems, and being vigilant of any numbness etc. Where lots of back, chest, and shoulder muscles come in to play in exercises such as the front squat, back squat, bench press, OHP and such, and with heavier loads, is where potential flare-ups may occur.

Previously, using only light weights, in comparison, I have been known to suffer for well over 3 months and need to keep laying down just to ease the intense pain, burning, and discomfort that set in after a few light sessions.

Hazzard 05-23-2012 05:45 PM

I saw "bras" and got excited...

Nice to have a fresh start Babs, any particular training plans or schedules?

5kgLifter 05-23-2012 05:46 PM

Today

Just some basic shoulder mobility work with a broom and some squat stance work, in prep.

5kgLifter 05-23-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzard (Post 244328)

Nice to have a fresh start Babs, any particular training plans or schedules?

I'm mixing a couple of things up, oddly though it has been done before, I found out after much research. Won't say too much at the moment, I'm just gonna see how things pan out; though I can say I have changed my emphasis...I sat here one night and realised I wanted to lift heavier loads while I still can...then I started having hip pains :(, so we'll see how things go. Going to take it easy at the same time as progressing; slow is key, I think.

It will be based around 4 days a week, 2 on, 1 off.

BendtheBar 05-23-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 244325)
Time for a new start, hopefully next Monday; first, I need to sort something tomorrow (Thursday), Monday morning at the very latest.

Bye bye teddy bears.

Any specific new goals for this log Babs?

5kgLifter 05-23-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 244342)
Bye bye teddy bears.

Any specific new goals for this log Babs?

One goal, lift heavy/heavier; and get fit, obviously.

The initial first 24 weeks will include a lot of learning but it should be fun; I'm looking forward to it as long as my body plays ball.

BendtheBar 05-23-2012 06:39 PM

I just read squat stance work :)

5kgLifter 05-23-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 244364)
I just read squat stance work :)

Yeah, going to be doing high bar and low bar squats; first week will be high bar.

Before that though, I need to get 50% of my kettlebells on to the landing at the top of the stairs, to allow me to get to the squat stands. I want to max out the bar which will be 125kg (total, inc bar), then I'll be quite happy...got to get there first though.

BendtheBar 05-23-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Before that though, I need to get 50% of my kettlebells on to the landing at the top of the stairs, to allow me to get to the squat stands.
:)

MikeM 05-23-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzard (Post 244328)

Well chosen title Babs! I won't lie, it lured me in too!:)

You buried your squat stands in kettlebells? That's a lot of kettlebells isn't it? Still marching them up the stairs ought to prepare you for the squats!