Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!
Arrow Babs: Bars and Bras Log...

Time for a new start, hopefully next Monday; first, I need to sort something tomorrow (Thursday), Monday morning at the very latest.

Important note: Due to my Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and the amount of pain it can and frequently does cause, progression has to be careful. Even smaller weightloads can cause issues which means the larger loads using the larger musculature of the back and chest area have the potential to cause even more pain in addition to the base pain levels. The last thing I need is to have a really abd flare-up that will halt training for a long time or indeed prevent any more training. This all means, keeping an eye on the response from my body after each session, watching for accumulated problems, and being vigilant of any numbness etc. Where lots of back, chest, and shoulder muscles come in to play in exercises such as the front squat, back squat, bench press, OHP and such, and with heavier loads, is where potential flare-ups may occur.

Previously, using only light weights, in comparison, I have been known to suffer for well over 3 months and need to keep laying down just to ease the intense pain, burning, and discomfort that set in after a few light sessions.

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 06-03-2012 at 10:34 AM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Hazzard
Max Brawn

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

I saw "bras" and got excited...

Nice to have a fresh start Babs, any particular training plans or schedules?
Old 05-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Today

Just some basic shoulder mobility work with a broom and some squat stance work, in prep.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post

Nice to have a fresh start Babs, any particular training plans or schedules?
I'm mixing a couple of things up, oddly though it has been done before, I found out after much research. Won't say too much at the moment, I'm just gonna see how things pan out; though I can say I have changed my emphasis...I sat here one night and realised I wanted to lift heavier loads while I still can...then I started having hip pains , so we'll see how things go. Going to take it easy at the same time as progressing; slow is key, I think.

It will be based around 4 days a week, 2 on, 1 off.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Time for a new start, hopefully next Monday; first, I need to sort something tomorrow (Thursday), Monday morning at the very latest.
Bye bye teddy bears.

Any specific new goals for this log Babs?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Bye bye teddy bears.

Any specific new goals for this log Babs?
One goal, lift heavy/heavier; and get fit, obviously.

The initial first 24 weeks will include a lot of learning but it should be fun; I'm looking forward to it as long as my body plays ball.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I just read squat stance work

Old 05-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I just read squat stance work
Yeah, going to be doing high bar and low bar squats; first week will be high bar.

Before that though, I need to get 50% of my kettlebells on to the landing at the top of the stairs, to allow me to get to the squat stands. I want to max out the bar which will be 125kg (total, inc bar), then I'll be quite happy...got to get there first though.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Before that though, I need to get 50% of my kettlebells on to the landing at the top of the stairs, to allow me to get to the squat stands.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Well chosen title Babs! I won't lie, it lured me in too!

You buried your squat stands in kettlebells? That's a lot of kettlebells isn't it? Still marching them up the stairs ought to prepare you for the squats!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote