Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #101
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Shoulder mobility and warm-up:
Dislocations
Broomhandle rolls

Bb Bench press:
15kg x 5
18.5kg x 5
22kg x 3
23.5kg x 5
27kg x 5
31kg/68 lbs x 7

Shrugs:
31kg/68 lbs x 100 (just used the weight already on the bar)

Shoulder mobility:
Dislocations
Broomhandle rolls

Did some extra work, not listed above. No safety bars used this session; just a Reebok step as a bench and the safety bars as the rack, and it worked very well.

Because some people work in lbs, I've decided to put the heaviest set or lift of the day in lbs but really can't be bothered to write all of them out as lbs and kgs

I want to get the days on track, so this week is 4 straight days and then a break...yeah, I know, not supposed to be done that way but heck it's not like I'm moving mountains and I don't care

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 06-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #102
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
it's not like I'm moving mountains and I don't care
I think you're doing excellent. That's good bench work. My wife never progressed past 65 for 3-4.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #103
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think you're doing excellent. That's good bench work. My wife never progressed past 65 for 3-4.
Thanks Steve

I was also using the powerlifter set-up for the bench press, so pretty much still getting used to everything and the last rep was a push to get back up, which is why I called it a day...I was hoping for 10 reps but it wasn't to be.

No complaints though.

I guess 68 lbs isn't that low after all
Old 06-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #104
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

No, and I suspect that if you decide you want to stick with it that the numbers would rise consistently.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #105
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
No, and I suspect that if you decide you want to stick with it that the numbers would rise consistently.
I hope so; it didn't help much that the Reebok step has knobbly bits all over it that were digging into my upperback

With bench press, I've only ever done 40kg (or 41kg) for one rep and that was some time ago...the only time I ever did bench press for one session; so definitely room for progression there.

If I'd taken the day's break which should have occurred today, there may have been more energy for more reps as well but that doesn't concern me too much this time around.

All of the above influenced the reps to some degree so it will be interesting to see what happens next time.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #106
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

This is essentially the first ever low bar back squat session; the last time I did low bar back squats (which was one more time than I ever did high bar back squats ) was just to see how much I could lift and I only did 5 lifts in total...so...it is what it is...

Shoulders:
Broomhandle dislocations and rolls

LB Back squat:
16kg x 5
20kg x 5
25kg x 3
27kg x 5
31kg x 5
35kg/77 lbs x 10

Good mornings:
100 reps

Happy enough with the session, really need to start using safety bars for their intended purpose and not as the rack, though it is a great incentive to get that last rep up
Old 06-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #107
Fazc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Nice work, how did they feel? Knees, hips all good?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #108
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Nice work, how did they feel? Knees, hips all good?
Thanks Fazc

Yep, everything felt great...I was surprised with the 10 reps as well, so that was a bonus. All squats below parallel; I'm watching to make sure the hip crease and top of the thigh dip low enough for that to count on every rep.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #109
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

The kettlebell swings from 2 days ago are kicking by butt today with obliterated glutes; quads, triceps and calves are fried as well; intercostals ache to breathe but not quite as much today as they did yesterday; pecs ache...and I have a bruise at the back of my head which makes any exercise that has to be performed laying down a touch painful, I recall cracking my skull yesterday...so no real surprise, until I touched my head this morning that is

...on the upside, it's a rest day tomorrow bringing me in line to begin afresh on Saturday and then allows me 2 rest days at the end of the week.

So far, so good!

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 06-07-2012 at 12:48 PM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #110
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
35kg/77 lbs x 10
Nice Babs!