Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Reviews
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Reviews Read and post reviews for popular bodybuilding supplements

Old 05-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default Somatomax

Okay, so I usually don't take anything without doing loads of research first. I generally like to know what something is, before I put it in my body. I'm also NOT a fan of prop blends...

I made an exception while looking for a sleep aid / GABA supplement. I had heard GABA helps to calm the brain, which I figured would help me. I tend to have a racing mind at night, and it keeps me up for hours sometimes.

I looked around, and found Somatomax. It had a prop blend of 14g per serving with GABA listed as the 2nd ingredient out of 7, so I figured it had a good amount of GABA. The full listing is :

Proprietary Blend 14g
4-amino-3-Phenylbutric Acid
Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
Macuna Pruriens Extract (standardized to 20% L-Dopa)
L-Arginine HCL
L-Tyrosine
L-Phenylaline
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500%

Anyway, this stuff knocked me the **** out, and I slept like a log! Seriously, I felt very calm within 20 minutes. I lied down to sleep, and was out in a few minutes. I do think I need to dedicate more time though. I went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 5:45, and felt like I got hit in the head with a brick. Not painful, but heavy headed... Only took a shower and I was good to go.

Overall, I'll give it a few more days but for now I really like this stuff. It's a bit pricey @ 20 servings for $36. I'll only take it during the week to save some. The only thing I don't like is the huge clumps. It breaks up easy enough, but would better if it was just a fine powder. It dissolves instantly after a few good shakes. I mixed it with half a bottle of Powerade Zero Strawberry...
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I take GABA from time to time for sleep. Add some magnesium to that stack. I had 2 bodybuilders tell me this week that they like magnesium an hour before bed.

Thanks for the word on this supp. I might give it a try. Sounds better then Nyquil

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Just wanted to update this..

I stopped taking it due what I consider too much of something.. I was top heavy and dizzy after waking sometimes, felt motor and cognitive skills were affected too much..

It works, just works too well for me.. I may in the future, try 1/2 a dose..but for now it's been shelved..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote