Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #21
B-Fit
Brawn
Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 7 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Incline Presses
B-Fit is off to a bad start
Default NeoVar add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Brock View Post
Sick azz log bro, keep up the good work!
I just ran out of the creatine and decided to switch to Applied Nutriceuticals NeoVar, check out this information. It's got me psyched to see what further gains I can make:

NeoVar is categorized in the creatine section, as it has since its inception into The Vitamin Shoppe. While this seems logical on the surface because it contains creatine, it is far better suited to be slotted in the post-workout / recovery category and here is why.

Neovar: A Powerful Recovery Agent
Product has been historically categorized as a “creatine mix.” However, the true purpose of the blend is to enhance recovery, through several different mechanisms of action listed below. Neovar is unique in the aspect that is an encapsulated recovery product, in a product category that contains few, if any, effective competitors. The price point makes the product very attractive to consumers- as a 30-40 day supply of capsules (240 ct. bottle) sells from $5-10 cheaper than other more conventional recovery products.
Increasing glucose levels in skeletal muscle is a key component of recovery for weight trainers and endurance athletes. Muscles become depleted and damaged during training, and these tissues must be reconstructed and remodeled before the next training session for optimal results from said exercise to occur. Recovery boils down to several aspects: the optimal repositioning of nutrients into skeletal muscle, neural recovery, and hormonal factors. Neural recovery tends to be dictated by rest and training periodization, so this aspect of recovery is not as supplement-critical as nutrient repositioning and hormonal factors. Hormonal factors can also be manipulated, but this tends to fall into the realm of a different product category (testosterone and HGH boosters) which is not necessarily “traditionally” associated with recovery, or only in a roundabout way. Therefore, nutrient repositioning into skeletal muscle tends to be, at least to a large extent, the aspect of recovery that can be best directly manipulated by nutritional supplementation.
Because intramuscular carbohydrates tend to become depleted substantially during any type of exercise, post-workout glucose and glycogen management/deposition is especially critical to recovery. Post-workout carbohydrates help aid recovery in the following fashion:
1. Carbohydrates increase insulin levels. Insulin allows for amino acids and carbohydrates to be pulled into skeletal muscle.
2. Carbohydrates pulled into muscle help to re-synthesize muscular glycogen stores, thus providing an energy source (fuel) for subsequent exercise sessions
3. The amino acids shuttled into the muscle cell by insulin aid in the repair and remodeling of any type of damaged proteins or muscular fibers
As aforementioned, insulin has the ability to increase nutrient deposition. However, it does have some drawbacks, unless it is managed properly. Insulin can be a double-edged sword, as it can aid in muscular repair, but can also lead to increased fat deposition. This makes Neovar unique, as it can accomplish this management by of insulin by manipulating a process called GLUT-4 translocation. GLUT-4 is a transporter protein that found in insulin-responsive tissues (striated muscle and fat), and it is responsible for glucose uptake into these tissues. GLUT-4 translocation means that this transporter protein is transferred to the cell surface in response to certain stimuli. Insulin also increases GLUT-4 translocation significantly, but seems to be an “equal opportunity” translocator, meaning that insulin activates GLUT-4 translocation in both muscle and fat cells. This means glucose uptake occurs in both of these entities, which is not ideal- this can result not only in skeletal muscle cell recovery, but also in the recovery and enhancement of adipose tissue. Neovar actually manipulates this process, in that it allows for preferential GLUT-4 translocation in skeletal muscle cells, but does not allow for subsequent GLUT-4 translocation into adipose tissue (as insulin does). This allows for an insulin-mimetic effect, without the potential gain in adipose tissue that normally results from increased insulin.
As aforementioned, the main mechanism of action in Neovar is to increase GLUT-4 translocation, but this effect is only limited to skeletal muscle. Increased GLUT-4 translocation from the product optimizes glucose uptake into skeletal muscle (a very substantial increase), which transitions us into another area- the “feel” aspect of the product. Neovar, plus carbohydrates (simple or complex) results in a very noticeable “pumped” feeling- the user can mentally associate the feel of the product with recovery occurring, as Neovar plus carbohydrates allows for a large-scale deposit of glucose and glycogen into the muscle (much greater than normal). As you know, product feel is also extremely important to most users- conventional recovery products are powdered BCAA blends, creatine/dextrose mixtures, component carbohydrate blends with or without protein, or component carbohydrate blends with or without creatine. While each blend has some components that may or may not enhance recovery, many users complain that they notice no palpable difference from the use of the vast majority of these products, because of the lack of a discernible “feel” component to associate along with the recovery. All of these products increase insulin levels, at least to an extent (even BCAAs), and all of these products are powdered mixes, which, for aforementioned reasons, may not be the most optimal scenario. Many of these products are extremely outdated in terms of both application and science- and for the consumer, it is extremely difficult to distinguish one product from another. This another reason Neovar stands out- it is encapsulated, has a substantial modern scientific backing behind the formulational components, gives a strong “feel” component to associate along with recovery, optimizes the cellular nutrient flow necessary for muscular remodeling and protein synthesis, and allows for a substantial increase in skeletal muscle cell glucose (not glucose in adipose tissue). In other words, it really stands out in this category.
Components in Neovar have also been shown to positively alter other nutrient-based mechanisms associated with recovery, especially in the realm of phosphate depletion. High intensity exercise has been shown to substantially deplete inorganic phosphate stores, as well as significantly lowered creatine stores. Phosphates and creatine (as well as glucose) are required for muscular contraction, and while most conventional formulas acknowledge the importance of creatine repletion, the necessity of inorganic phosphate repletion after intense exercise is largely ignored. Phosphate supplementation raises levels of 2,3-diphosphoglycerate (2,3-DPG), the enzyme that unloads oxygen into muscle, and when muscular oxygen levels are low, recovery (and muscular contraction) can become impaired significantly. Neovar has the ability reliably raise blood levels of 2,3-DPG, and also improves the production and use of glycogen for fuel. As demonstrated earlier, maintaining proper glucose and glycogen management is absolutely crucial to muscular recovery- which is the cornerstone of the Neovar formulation.
The re-deposition of intramuscular creatine phosphate is also an important aspect of the product, and CP synthesis is another important part of muscular recovery, and is addressed in Neovar, just as it is in other recovery skus. Increased CP stores in the muscle allow for greater intracellular water retention, which has been shown to have a strong nutritive effect on skeletal muscle. Greater intracellular water retention from increased CP raises osmotic pressure within the cell, allowing for heightened protein synthesis and nitrogen retention- which are both factors that create an optimal anabolic environment for recovery.
Neovar also has an “ace in the hole” when it comes to optimizing creatine uptake- it contains a compound that has been shown in several studies to enhance the speed of creatine saturation in the muscles. Creatine uptake into the muscle can also be influenced by glucose, insulin and insulin-sensitizing agents, as the correct manipulation of these entities can allow for optimal levels of creatine to be stored within the muscle cells. When optimal levels of creatine are synthesized, the whole process of recovery tends to be sped up.
There is another potential benefits to Neovar: a component of the product boosts the activity of myogenic cells, which are satellite stem cells that have the ability to turn themselves into new muscle cells if instructed to do so by the genetic code of the body. These satellite cells fuse with an adjacent damaged muscle fiber, thereby increasing myonucleii numbers necessary for growth and repair. This process of myogenic maturation is called hyperplasia, and the subsequent new muscle cells formed by hyperplasia also have the ability to enable muscle hypertrophy (growth) if combined with weight training.
In summation, Neovar has substantial advantages over most conventional recovery products, due to its unique component blend. The product optimizes recovery time significantly, while allowing the user to experience a palpable “feel” not associated with other conventional products in the category.

Last edited by B-Fit; 01-30-2011 at 06:35 AM.
B-Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #22
B-Fit
Brawn

Default Update

Alright, now that I've emptied 1 bottle of each Free Test and HGHup I thought it was time for a thorough update.

Here is my current supplements:
AppNut Lit-Up- PWO
AppNut Free Test- w/ first meal upon waking.
AppNut HGHup- before bed
AppNut NeoVar- pre & post (3 pills/6 per day)
Optimum Casein: PWO and before bed
VPX Zero Carb SRO (my wifes contest prep protein-but I sneak a scoop for post WO)
Primaforce Carb Slam: post WO
Met-Rx Tonalin CLA- before and after WO's or cardio
Primforce BCAA's- pre & post Wo
Multi Vit, Vit C, D3, B complex
---------------------------------

Current diet:
upon waking-
1/3 cup cream of rice (can't workout on a completely empty stomach)
30-40g protein shake (Dym Elite) w/Lit-Up, Free Test (4 pills), NeoVar (3 pills), CLA
Post WO- 1 scoop VPX SRO, 1 scoop ON Casein, 1 1/2 scoop PF Carb Slam
Meal 1:
8 eggs (3 yolk)
2 slices Ezekiel bread
Tbs Flax oil
Meal 2:
5+oz Chicken
1/2 cup Quinoa
1/2 cup Broccoli
Vit C, B com, D3
Flax oil
Meal 3:
1 Fillet Salmon
1/2 cup Quinoa
5 Asparagus stalks
Meal 4:
5+oz Chicken
1/4 cup Quinoa
1/2 cup Broccoli
Flax oil
Meal 5:
2 Tilapia Fillets
Green salad
Meal 6:
1 scoop Casein
1/2 scoop whey
HGHup (5 pills)
-----------------------------------

My measurements are holding strong despite an obvious decrease in BF. Only measurement to go down at all is my waist; a hair under another 1/2"! My embarrassing lagging forearm has gone up a 1/4 inch, both thighs are up another 1/4" as is my chest. Overall stellar results seeing as though this is pretty close to the exact same diet and training I adhered to before beginning this stack.
Workouts are still, as they have been from the beginning-excellent! Nice clean energy throughout each workout, no heart beating through my chest, ill, scary energy but a great boost that lasts. Great training endurance with no after workout crash as I've experienced with so many other PWO's but energy that gives me a boost for my day. The ATP seems to really refill my energy stores for even post workout energy. My pumps have been great as has mind muscle connection and focus.
I've noticed, as I've documented, strength and muscle increases, a harder, denser look and a definite boost in libido. I feel more lively throughout the day if that makes sense.
My sleep has come quicker and seems to be deeper, I wake up more rested as I have experienced sleep issues throughout my life.
Chest and shoulders this week, so far, were great workouts-as my spotter was out of town I didn't really push for new numbers but I was surprised I put up very similar numbers without him.
On to bottles 2 of each. Arms tomorrow..and 12"-18" more inches of snow..WTF!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #23
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93

Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Looking great bro, your huge by the way!!
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #24
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

In for this log. Do you feel like you are losing fat while at the same time maintaining the muscle you have?

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #25
B-Fit
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Looking great bro, your huge by the way!!
Thanks man!!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #26
B-Fit
Brawn

Default update

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
In for this log. Do you feel like you are losing fat while at the same time maintaining the muscle you have?
Yes but not just maintaining, I've dropped BF which is visually obvious to me with added vascularity, lines and waist measurement drops. During which I've kept the same start weight ( with slight fluctuations ). My strength has gone up as well as a few bodypart measurements!

I've been on NeoVar for about a week now, enough to give some feedback; awesome pumps, I can really feel an increase in blood volume within my muscles during training. FYI I've been taking my CarbSlam (waxy starch) pre and post with NeoVar. No water retention or bloating and as I mentioned earlier that I've had a drastic decrease in soreness on this stack, I think I said 75% reduction in soreness on leg day. After this leg workout scratch the 75% and make it 90%! Just some slight stiffness and I'm terribly prone to being exceptionally sore after leg training.

Upped Lit-Up to approx 1 and 1/2 scoops, really got a good, clean energy rush at that amount. Freaking loving Lit-Up, grab this stuff!

I've got a friend coming in from out if town, we're hitting back saturday morning-I'll post it for ya. I hit cardio and abs this morning due to our saturday workout plans.

Still feeling great, no big changes. Dropped some more visible BF. This stack is awesome!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #27
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

I'm lost with all the supplements. What are you currently taking?

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #28
B-Fit
Brawn

Default SUPPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
I'm lost with all the supplements. What are you currently taking?
AppNut Lit-Up- PWO
AppNut Free Test- w/ first meal upon waking.
AppNut HGHup- before bed
AppNut NeoVar- pre & post (3 pills/6 per day)
Optimum Casein: PWO and before bed
VPX Zero Carb SRO (my wifes contest prep protein-but I sneak a scoop for post WO)
Primaforce Carb Slam: post WO
Met-Rx Tonalin CLA- before and after WO's or cardio
Primforce BCAA's- pre & post Wo
Multi Vit, Vit C, D3, B complex

I'm logging the HGHup, Free Test, Lit-Up and now NeoVar
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #29
B-Fit
Brawn

Default Update

Like I previously mentioned I had a friend come in from out of town this weekend and we hit back this Saturday! Here's the workout:

Wide grip chins:
bodyweight for failure 4 sets
Body motion lat:
140lbs - 12 reps, 160 - 12, 180 - 12
T-bar rows: (bar in the corner using a v-handle)
3 plates - 15 reps, 4 - 12, 5 - 9
Dumbbell rows:
100lbs - 12 reps, 120 - 12, 150 - 11
Seated cable rows: (with two independent D handles attached to maximize concentration on middle back squeeze.)
4 sets slow methodical reps with a 1/2 second squeeze during the static portion
Hanging wide grip pull ups:
(hang from a smith machine with your arms placed beyond shoulder width and pull yourself up hitting the bar approx at the bottom of your chest and squeeze at the top) 3 sets failure.

It was an awesome workout and had an unreal pump. I gave my buddy a serving of Lit-Up and he loved it..he also felt like the energy was cleaner but still there and told me he felt like he had more endurance. He liked the pump..not bad from a guy who has been using products with 1, 3 Dimethylamylamine.

I'm feeling great; I feel harder, still have had amazing workouts and feel fuller and stronger.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #30
B-Fit
Brawn

Default Update

Monday's chest workout was definitely assisted by my stack as the weekend was not my typical "clean" weekend. You have to be able to relax a bit IMO, especially when you have friends come out to see ya from out of town. I wasn't looking forward to my 5AM workout when my head hit the pillow just before midnight with crap food and no water in my system.
Surprisingly it wasn't quite as awful as I was dreading it being. It took a few extra sets to really warm up but I downed a good amount of water upon waking up at 4AM and with 2 full scoops of Lit-Up I still had a good workout- No spot 120lbs incline dumbbell press for 6 was my personally most impressed lift from the workout.
Incline Dumbbell presses
Hammer Strength flat press
Hammer Strength decline press
Incline flies - superset - flat flies
Cable crossovers 1 set per height- (High, med, low)

I pumped water all day Monday and felt great upon waking Tuesday. Shoulder day is always a day I enjoy and my workout didn't disappoint:
Seated dumbbell presses:
60's - 20 reps, 100's - 11, 110's - 9, 120's - 7
Standing rear delt cable flies:
2 sets cables set high 12-15 reps, 2 sets cables set at shoulder level 12-15 reps
Standing dumbbell laterals:
20's - 20 reps, 30's - 12, 35's - 9, 40's - 8, followed by a strip set: 8 reps per weight 25-5
Standing dumbbell front raises:
25's - 12, 30's - 12, 35's - 12, 40's - 10
Barbell shrugs:
135lbs - 25 reps, 225 - 15, 315 - 12, 405 - 12, 495 - 9, followed by machine shrugs, 4 plates per side 30 reps.

I'm feeling stronger despite having a hard time gauging my weights without a dependent spotter. The weights I'm using without a partner are far beyond what I was even attempting before starting this stack. Also my endurance during workouts is greatly improved as has my strength which isn't tapering off the way I'm used to the time I get to the last exercise or so every workout. NeoVar has definitely improved my pumps and recovery, also I'm dryer and like I said; have been feeling stronger. My wife commented that I'm looking leaner, which is always nice to hear. I have dropped another, almost, 1/2" on my waist! (surprising after my weekend lol.) I have been a steady 3 pounds under my starting weight but with my measurement increases and my starting BF I have to assume I have put on muscle and lost a good amount of BF. I will do a full measurement rundown within the next few days for you guys. All said I'm really enjoying this stack and am impressed with the results. Sleep is still improved, no huge sensitivity loss on Lit-Up, libido is still up as is my lack of soreness. I've felt more energetic throughout my days (especially noticeable on work days).
Gotta get going for arms!