Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #61
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Ahahahahaha....love it...except after raging out I would probably get pulled for a "random" drug test.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #62
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
This suggestion was brought up before. I would love to, however I highly doubt it would be smiled upon where I work out. My gym is my company's "fitness center". I don't get to go to a place where they understand deadlifts, or any lifts for that matter.
It's time to find a new gym.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #63
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
It's time to find a new gym.
Agreed, but this one is free, which is good for someone like me that has no money. Plus I can just go on my lunch hour and not have to leave the building.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 09-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #64
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Haven't logged in awhile. Need to catch up so here goes.

Last Wed. (9/15) was my "off" day so just did some cardio.

Last Thurs. (9/16) routine as follows:

Shoulders/Forearms

Military Press: 60x8 50x10 50x9 50x8
Seated Arnie Press: 60x5 50x6 40x9
Lateral Raise Dropsets (10 reps each set): 20, 15, 12 15,12,10 12,10,8
Reverse Laterals: 25x10 25x10 25x10
Shrugs: 110x10 100x10 100x10
Wrist Curl Over Bench: 15x12 15x12
Static Barbell Hold: 24 lb bar, held to failure for 2 sets

My shoulders must be developing nicely because the other day, my fiance was rubbing my shoulders and he said "it's pretty sad when your shoulders are even harder than mine." I asked if he meant that I was more tensed up (stress) and he said, "No, from working out. Your shoulders are getting built from working out." Score!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #65
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Last Friday - normally leg day. Even though the doc gave me the go ahead the week before to start rehabbing the torn quad, I was way too chicken to start then. But last Friday I decided I had to start somewhere. I'm not gonna lie...I was still scared. Not scared of pain (although I do NOT want to ever experience that again!), scared that I was going to push it too hard, reinjure it, possibly even injure the other leg or a hamstring (since those have been stiff lately too). But I bucked up and took it easy and everything went really well. Oh sure, the leg was hollering at me a little afterward, and the quad got super hot about halfway through the 3rd set, but it's no worse for wear. I think I'm back in the game, babies!

Leg Presses: 115x10 x4
Leg Extensions: 50x10 x3
Leg Curls: 40x10 x3
SLDL's: 130x7 130x8 130x7
Seated Calf Raises: 165x10 165x12 165x10 160x12

I swapped out squats for leg presses because I figured those would be easier on the legs (and if something happened I wouldn't have so much weight bearing down on me from above). It was pretty humbling to have used such light weights on everything but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking I can just start back up where I left off. Even the 50 lb. leg extensions were a stretch for my quad...it was really whining at me...but then I think back to when I couldn't even lift my leg to move it without extreme pain. Baby steps. I was just glad to be doing SOMETHING with it.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #66
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Glad your back in the game girl! Now:

User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #67
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Monday:

Chest/Triceps

Incline Bench Press: 80x10 80x8 80x6
Dips (assisted): 50x10 50x7.5 55x8
Pec Deck Flyes: 40x15 40x10 40x9
Dumbbell Pullovers: 30x10 30x10
Standing Tricep Cable Pushdowns: 60x10 70x6 (w/rope) 60x7 50x10
Seated Two-arm Dumbbell Extensions: 30x10 30x9 30x8

I had a bad kink in my neck/back and it hurt like mad to do dips so I kinda pussied out on on those. Oh well, it feels better today. I was super pumped for my workout. Must have been all the sleep I got over the weekend! Oh, and the Muscle Marinade helps too. I'm starting to scrape the bottom of the MM bucket. So sad.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #68
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

How's your overall focus been on MM? Do you still feel very awake and aware several hours after your workout?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #69
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How's your overall focus been on MM? Do you still feel very awake and aware several hours after your workout?
I take it around 10-11 am and by probably like 6 I start to wear out. So it does last me though the afternoon but doesn't keep me wigged out at night. That's a good thing.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #70
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

The MM is almost gone. Remember my friend who thought it smelled like "rotten gummy bears"? Well I got her to try it yesterday. I only gave her a half scoop and she diluted it in an entire water bottle. She said it didn't taste bad like she thought it would but also said it didn't seem to do anything for her. Feh. Moar for me.

Tuesday:

Back/Biceps

Deadlifts: 125x8 x4
Assisted Pull-ups: 55x10 55x9 55x7
Dumbbell Rows: 50x7 50x7 45x7
Standing Single Cable Rows: 45x10 x3
Barbell Curls: 15+barx10 50x10 (hammer rope) 15+barx10 50x10 (hammer rope)
Concentration Curls: 15x10 15x9 15x9

Wednesday (yesterday) was my "off" day so I just did some cardio. 20 min elliptical, 20 min walk on the treadmill.

Also I've been adding a second workout during the day from my Wii. I have the EA Sports Active game (?) so I've been using that. I no longer have TV (well I have a TV but I just don't get any shows because my cable has been cut off) but it's kind of a blessing because instead of plunking down on the couch, I'm getting up and exercising. Also been really watching my diet the last few days and it's paying off. Lost about 3 pounds in as many days. Probably water weight but still.

Today for some reason I am super sore. My lower back has really been tight and my upper back (scapular area, rhomboids?) are really sore too. Which is great, cuz, you know, today is shoulder day. *sigh* Oh and my calves are wound tighter than a virgin on prom night. No idea why. I mean I pretty much go through every day in life hurting somewhere. That's a given. Today is just...weird. Like I just starting lifting or something. Feh.