Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #31
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Yesterday was a holiday so my gym is supposed to be closed, but it wasn't. Well, I was the only one in there...maybe it was closed but not for me! Hahah. Good thing too, I had taken my Muscle Marinade on a prayer, not knowing if I would be able to get in the gym or not. But I knew I would do SOMETHING even if it wasn't. Holiday, schmoliday.

Chest/Triceps

Bench Press: 70x8 65x7 60x7
Incline Bench Press: 80x8 80x6 70x8
Dips (assisted): 50x8 50x8 50x8
Pec Deck Flyes: 35x12 35x12 35x10
Dumbbell Pullovers: 25x10 25x10
Cable Tricep Pushdowns: 80x8 (rope) 60x8 (straight bar) 70x10 (rope) 50x10 (straight bar)
Seated Two-Arm Dumbbell Extensions: 25x10 25x10 25x10

I have come to the conclusion that I hate hate HATE bench presses. I think it's just because I can't do as much weight as I'd like to (or at least think I should be doing). I'd like to really work on that but it's slow going...actually I pressed less weight this week than last! Plus I noticed yesterday my left elbow really started to hurt during the second set, and it was pretty painful during the last set so I'm not sure if maybe I am doing them wrong...? Anyway, I hate bench presses.

With regard to the Muscle Marinade, I have found that it mixes the best in room temperature water, which is just fine for me because that's how I prefer my water anyway. Day by day it's becoming more and more impalatable to drink, especially at the end because you get all the sediment then and it's like drinking a crushed-up aspirin. Afterward I have to pop in some gum or a mint or something to get the aftertaste off the back of my tongue. BUT...knowing what this product does for me makes it totally worth it. So I guess it's kinda like medicine...icky going down but it only lasts a few seconds and it makes you feel better for doing it.

Also yesterday I did 45 min. of cardio...15 min on a recumbent bike, 15 minutes on a full-body elliptical, and 15 min. walking on the treadmill. The leg feels better, thanks to lots of eating, resting, Flexeril, and the Muscle Marinade, but last night it really started to throb out of nowhere. Going to see the doc again today.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #32
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Oh yeah, I forgot I also went into the gym on Saturday to work out. I didn't have a plan, didn't write anything down, just went in and did some upper body work. That is all.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 09-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #33
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Today's workout:

Back/Biceps

SLDL's: 135x8 135x7 135x6 135x5 (kept losing my grip which is the only reason the reps decreased)
Assisted Pullups: 55x10 55x9 55x7
Dumbbell Rows: 50x8 50x7 50x6 (again, had trouble with grip)
Seated Cable Rows: 50x10 50x10
Standing Single Cable Rows: 45x10
Curls: 30x10 (preacher cable) 60x8 (rope hammer) 35x6 (single cable) 50x10 (rope hammer)
Concentration Curls: 15x10 15x8 12x10

I felt really weak today, I think because I didn't sleep the best last night. The highlight of the workout, though, was when a guy came in, saw the bar I was using for DL's and said "Holy crap, who the hell was using that bar loaded with all that weight?!?" So I go, "Oh...that would be me. I'm still using it, actually." He was like, "Jesus there, Muscles!" I mean, it really wasn't a lot of weight considering they were for deadlifts, but it looks kinda beastly because I have to put like 5 plates on each side.

I had a lot of trouble with my grip strength today, dunno why. I thought my grip was getting better. I suppose everyone can have a bad day.

Some of my co-workers were intrigued with the Muscle Marinade so I showed them what it looked like all mixed up and they were like "barf, you're gonna DRINK that?!?" Then I had one of them smell the tub and she said "it smells like rotten gummy bears". I told them that yeah, it wasn't exactly the most palatable stuff on the planet, but that it was totally worth it.

I went for a follow-up visit to the clinic for my leg today. She gave me the go-ahead to start doing a little more work with it since it was doing so much better. She seems to kind of trust me to go easy on it. She asked if I was taking a multi-vitamin because the B vitamins will help with muscle recovery. I told her I wasn't, but that the pre-workout supplement I was taking had all the B vitamins plus the BCAA's and she was happy with that, said it must be working! I reported that I'd been having numbness and prickling in the leg and foot and she said that when the muscles are injured and inflamed they can press on the nerves which causes that. So, it's normal, but not good, and if it continues I'll need to go to physical therapy. In the meatime I just have to keep taking my ibuprofens and she gave me a free pass to all the Flexeril I need bwahahahahaahah!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #34
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

way to go EV, ever thought of switching to DB bench? usually BB is better for strength but if you really hate it so much its worth considering switching

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #35
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

That's awesome that there is the possibility of MM helping you with your leg and that the doc thinks it might be working. You should have had your co workers try it! I get that same feeling in my leg and toes when my back goes out.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #36
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkout35 View Post
way to go EV, ever thought of switching to DB bench? usually BB is better for strength but if you really hate it so much its worth considering switching
Thanks, SO. Actually TitanCT kinda said the same thing about the BB being better for powerlifters. I used to do the DB bench instead but switched, only because I thought I should and for no other reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
That's awesome that there is the possibility of MM helping you with your leg and that the doc thinks it might be working. You should have had your co workers try it! I get that same feeling in my leg and toes when my back goes out.
I really do believe it's helping with my leg. My co-workers wouldn't try it for sure, though. One is pregnant (so I'm not even going to ask her) and the other is very very picky about what she eats so I'm sure I couldn't talk her into it!

Old 09-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #37
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Thursday's workout:

Shoulders/Forearms

Military Press: 50x10 50x10 40x10 40x10
Arnie Press: 50x10 50x5 40x10
Lateral Dropsets (10 reps each weight): 20,15,12 15,12,10 12,10,8
Reverse Laterals: 20x10 25x10 25x10
Shrugs: 110x10 110x7 100x8
Wrist Curl Over Bench: 15x13 15x13
Static Barbell Holds: 24 lbs to failure x 2 (didn't have a clock in front of me, just went until I couldn't hold it anymore)

Today is Friday. Supposed to be my leg day, and was going to try to do a light workout with the legs but I had some important ****e to do on lunch so I skipped it. Haven't been sleeping the best the last few days. Feh.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #38
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Thursday's workout:

Shoulders/Forearms

Military Press: 50x10 50x10 40x10 40x10
Arnie Press: 50x10 50x5 40x10
Lateral Dropsets (10 reps each weight): 20,15,12 15,12,10 12,10,8
Reverse Laterals: 20x10 25x10 25x10
Shrugs: 110x10 110x7 100x8
Wrist Curl Over Bench: 15x13 15x13
Static Barbell Holds: 24 lbs to failure x 2 (didn't have a clock in front of me, just went until I couldn't hold it anymore)

Today is Friday. Supposed to be my leg day, and was going to try to do a light workout with the legs but I had some important ****e to do on lunch so I skipped it. Haven't been sleeping the best the last few days. Feh.
It's the weekend rest up.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #39
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Nice work EV, impressive as always!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #40
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Thanks, guys.

I need to get back on track with my diet. When I was super strict I saw a little bit of weight loss, but I started to slack and now I'm up there again. Had someone come by yesterday who saw my abs pic and asked to see them in person. Oh sure, they're still there, but they're comfy cozy under a thin layer of fat so they don't look as good. More and more people are asking to see in person what they've seen in pictures, asking me for advice on lifting and diet, etc. I don't want to be that person that just looks good on paper but disappoints in real life.

Another thing, and this is the neurotic chick in me who has always had image issues, is when I see myself in pictures, I mean candid pictures, I always look like a cow to me. I see myself and I think "Have I been delusional this whole time? I look horrible!" I see myself in the mirror and I look great, but I see myself in a picture and all of that disappears. That makes no sense to me. So I get down on myself, ask myself "what's the point?" and I have to talk myself out of just giving up.

Neurotic chick pity party, party of one.

I so know I have to get over that. Back to chicken breasts and veggies, brown rice and fish. No more pizza. I see what all you guys eat and I think I can do that too. I can't.