Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
I just lol'd so f-ing hard! About you redbull comment, classic. Try more water and letting it sit for about 5 minutes stirring here and there. It probably the bcaa's in the MM that aren't mixing all that well. That goes for almost all bcaa's they just don't mix well.
Good to know. Yeah I mix it up and there are all kinds of weirdlies floating in the water. You should have seen me today, watching the floaters like I was a toddler that had just shaken up a snowglobe. I was like..."Oooh...yes...my precious..." I didn't know what was floating in there, I just knew it had to be the good stuff.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Good to know. Yeah I mix it up and there are all kinds of weirdlies floating in the water. You should have seen me today, watching the floaters like I was a toddler that had just shaken up a snowglobe. I was like..."Oooh...yes...my precious..." I didn't know what was floating in there, I just knew it had to be the good stuff.
Yeah those are the branched chain amino acids.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post

I swear to Crom it wasn't 5 minutes later that I started feeling this stuff working its magic.
^ I likey likey.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Well, doc says I did tear a muscle in my leg, and the other leg will tear too if I don't take it easy. She gave me some monster ibuprofens and some Flexeril (muscle relaxants) and told me to basically knock off the weightlifting to 4-6 weeks, at least in the lower body. If it doesn't get better in the next few days she's going to order me to physical therapy. That would suck, so I guess I better at least go easy on the legs for awhile. That doesn't mean I'm staying out of the gym, laws no. I WILL have to modify leg day significantly. I just can't do anything that involves straightening/bending the leg under resistance or lifting the leg up from the knee. So, well...so basically leg day is effed.

I have the dry mouth again this afternoon, so I'm thinking it IS from the Muscle Marinade. No matter, small price to pay to feel as great as I do. Oh, I also wanted to mention (but forgot earlier) that I had no trouble sleeping last night. That's one of the things I wanted to take note of, because some stimulants can really mess up your sleep patterns. Nope, fell right to sleep and didn't have any issues during the night (other than my normal waking up to pee at 3 am, etc.). So I was really happy about that.

Today's workout:

Back/Biceps

Deadlifts (did SLDL's so I didn't have to bend my knees with weight):
4 sets of 135x7
Pullups (assisted): 2 sets of 55x10
Bent-over Dumbbell Rows: 50x7 50x8 50x8
Seated Cable Rows: 50x10 50x10 50x9
Preacher Cable Curls: 30x10 30x10 25x10 25x9
Concentration Curls: 15x9 15x8 12x8

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #15
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Today is an "off" day so I just went down and rode the stationary bike for 20 minutes at a moderate pace, then walked on the treadmill for another 20. The leg feels pretty good, but then again I'm saturating it with muscle relaxants. Speaking of, I took my Flexeril with my Muscle Marinade this morning. Lemme tell ya, that was a high that I haven't experienced since my college days. Sometimes I forget that my leg hurts and I'll do something like push myself away from my desk with my foot and I get reminded in a bad way.

Couldn't sleep well last night but I don't think it had anything to do with the MM. I actually got up at about 1 am to make myself some sammiches cuz I was hungry, which is not like me. I'm actually hoping that's a good sign, that I'm doing some extra repairing or something. I also have the dry mouth again, but it's nothing that a little gum can't handle.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

How much water are you drinking through out the day? Just wondering if the dry mouth is from dehydration?
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #17
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Nice workouts and a good read. Get well soon, injuries seem to take so much longer to heal now days...lol

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #18
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

You start too many new logs!

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
How much water are you drinking through out the day? Just wondering if the dry mouth is from dehydration?
Couldn't tell you exact volume but it's no less than I was drinking before. As a matter of fact, I'd venture to say I'm drinking more water now because I have to mix the MM in a shtt ton of water. Nothing else has changed other than the addition of the MM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
You start too many new logs!
I don't get it. This is my second log.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #20
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Nice workouts and a good read. Get well soon, injuries seem to take so much longer to heal now days...lol
Yes, thanks for reminding me that I'm old.