Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supplement Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Jwood's Muscle Marinade Log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4091)

jwood 08-25-2010 12:20 PM

Jwood's Muscle Marinade Log

Hey guys,
I have been given the opportunity to log Muscle Marinade by Purus Labs. I would like to thank rippednmichigan and purus labs for this opportunity. This log will contain all of my workouts and how I feel about the muscle marinade. I am going to do a rating system for this stuff. Here is my criteria:

Energy/Focus: This is the biggest thing for me and the reason I take preworkout supplements.
Pumps: How swelled I feel, I work with very low reps so pumps are usually not that great for me.
Recovery: If it helps with soreness and also if I crash after workouts.

This will be the focus of my log, if you need a reminder of how I train you can check out my old log here:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...html#post77795

I will update this log after each workout. So let me know what you guys want to know while I am logging this. Feel free to ask plenty of questions.

rippednmichigan 08-25-2010 12:30 PM

Like the intro Jwood, your gonna kill those weights brother!

strkout35 08-25-2010 12:40 PM

nice man hope you like it!

ElementalVirago 08-25-2010 12:45 PM

Awesome, I'm in! Gonna start my MM log next week, can't wait to see how it works for us!!

dmaipa 08-25-2010 01:25 PM

interested to see how MM works for you

jwood 08-25-2010 02:04 PM

Thanks for the support guys, I will be starting this tomorrow

andys_trim 08-25-2010 02:11 PM

Interested to see what you think of this, to see if it is different from my experience.

jwood 08-26-2010 09:54 AM

First day of Muscle Marinade
I like this stuff, it tasted pretty good. I had good pumps and energy and no crash! This is huge for me, I hate the crash after workouts.

Push/Pull
Kind of a weird workout today, decided just to crush pull ups, did them for 30-40 minutes. This was mostly for my buddy, he is in the military and is awful with pullups, so we need to fix that!

BTN Push Press
135x5
185x2x2
225x1
235x1
255x1 PR!!
This was a huge lift for me, I have been struggling with this weight for a few weeks. I missed the first try waited 30 seconds, came back missed it again but let it really slam my traps to piss me off, then I got it! Third time is a charm!

Pull UP Madness!!
BWx 12
plus 25 x 8
plus 50 x 10 PR!!
plus 50 x 6
BW x 15, 6 very slow, 8
Switched grip to chin ups
BW x 9
Plus 25 x 5
Back to regular grip w/ fat gripz
BW x 6, 6, 5, 5, 3 death
Limited rest on all of these sets, some longer than others

Energy/Focus-8 my energy was up, but not cracked out feeling. I like this focus was good when it needed to be. overall very good
Pumps 10 crazy good pumps but I always get crazy pumps from high rep pullups so I am not sure if it was the MM or just the pullups
Recovery: no crash at all, this is when I usually start to feel it if I am going to crash. So far so good guys!

BendtheBar 08-26-2010 10:16 AM

Pullup madness for sure. Congrats on the BTN PR. PreSurge is crashing me intra-workout. I might need to test drive Muscle Marinade ASAP. I'm not even getting pumps with PreSurge.

Thanks for doing the interview!

jwood 08-26-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 78076)
Pullup madness for sure. Congrats on the BTN PR. PreSurge is crashing me intra-workout. I might need to test drive Muscle Marinade ASAP. I'm not even getting pumps with PreSurge.

Thanks for doing the interview!

I was thoroughly disappointed in presurge, it was a lot of hype with no results. I will keep you updated on muscle marinade, before this I was taking NO Ignite by Finaflex and it was very good and very cheap. I was only using one scoop and getting good results but I put that stuff on hold for a while.

Thanks for interviewing me, it was a lot of fun and brought back some good memories.