Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine
Default ElementalVirago's GR8 HT-8 Log

Thanks to nighttrain and the good people at Anabolic Addiction, I've been chosen to do a training log and review of their HT-8 product that claims to provide "Pure Energy, Focus and Stamina." The review will be written and published after the log.

ht-8 pure clean energy

In the past I have tried other energy/fat burning supplements such as Hydroxycut (made me too jittery so I stopped), Lipo 6 Black Hers (felt like crack on day one, after that I just didn't want to eat EVER, had sleep issues also), and Five Hour Energy shots (which I like but seemed to build up a tolerance to very quickly). While the HT-8 is not touted as a thermogenic, per se, I'm looking forward to seeing if it does provide the long-lasting clean energy and euphoria with no crash as it promises. The informal reviews I've read on this product are overwhelmingly positive.

DIET

Since Wednesday, June 30th, I've been on a strict 50-30-20 diet which has already proved to be challenging, but has been made easier with the assistance of a food log on MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM. With this tool, I'm able to plan my meals a day in advance to ensure the 50-30-20 ratio is being met, instead of just guessing and logging what I eat AFTER the fact and hope for the best. I am using this diet to attempt to cut body fat while still maintaining lean mass. I'm really feeling the effects of this semi low-carb diet so I'm hoping that the HT-8 can give me some energy that I'm lacking. I've set my calorie goal at 1800 but I've been ending the day anywhere between 1500-1700 calories consistently. If I need to adjust caloric intake based on results, I will.

TRAINING

I'm currently using an 8 week training regimen from Muscle & Fitness Hers (created by Kim Oddo) that they put together for a transformation contest. While I'm not in the contest, I needed to change my former routine up so I thought I'd give this a whirl. It consists of two phases (4 weeks each phase), and I'm a week into Phase II. This phase is more challenging as it offers more compound lifts with more weight/fewer reps. Phase II requires a 5 day split and I've been doing cardio (mostly HIIT) on the off days and after lifting when able.

STATS

I'll mostly be tracking my weight during this log, as I'm looking to lose fat while maintaining muscle but I will provide measurements from time to time. I'm hoping to lose at least 1 pound a week but no more than 1.5 pounds a week.

Height: 5'4"
Weight as of this morning: 153.5 (down from 155 on June 30)
Bust: 34
Waist: 27.5
Hips: 38 (yes, I have a butt haha)
Thigh: 24.5
Bicep: 12

According to Home Body Fat Test I'm at 24.5% body fat. (37.5 Pounds of fat and 115.5 Pounds of lean). I would like to see what I look like at 18% body fat. In order for me to be 18% bf at my current mass, I'd have to weigh 142.5 (115.5 lbs lean + 27 lbs fat) which is a loss of 11 pounds. It would be nice to see that number again!

It's 10:25 am on July 4th, Independence Day. The recommended dosage on the bottle is 1 to 2 capsules daily. I will start with 1 capsule and see what happens. If anyone has suggestions about this log (what you'd like to see, what you don't want to see) just let me know and I will try to accommodate. Bottoms up, and Happy Holidays, everyone!

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Last edited by ElementalVirago; 07-04-2010 at 10:36 AM.
ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hope you love it. I ran HT-8 and Phenom V1 and could notice good clean energy.

I'm in for the ride.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Thanks, BtB. Not yet 2 hours after ingesting and I feel...weird. A good weird. Not jittery, not cracked up but...high. I like it so far!

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 07-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Thanks, BtB. Not yet 2 hours after ingesting and I feel...weird. A good weird. Not jittery, not cracked up but...high. I like it so far!
That's good to hear. I never had any jitters either.

I also felt more "normal" later in the evening, and was actually able to keep my old body up to 9pm without feeling like a zombie.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

excellent start EV, im liking the setup!!! i hope that it turns out good for, but as previously stated i'm looking for straight forward write up on this product... i know Big Steve and a few other have run it and loved it... looking to here some feedback from a woman on this!!! give it hell girl, and i will be following along to give tips and motivation where needed!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

In.

Nice hips.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

AAs fat burning products are great. Cant wait to see them help you with your goals EV.

take care of business

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
Nice hips.
Haha...you know, it's very hard and humbling for a woman to post her stats publicly, but I think it's good too. Gives me a sense of accountability.

Yesterday was a complete bust. Got to the family gathering and just ate whatever (it was mostly junk offered), and drank a few beers. Tried not to feel guilty about it but I did. Didn't get to work out Sat. OR Sunday, hoping the gym is open today so I can get back at it.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Haha...you know, it's very hard and humbling for a woman to post her stats publicly, but I think it's good too. Gives me a sense of accountability.

Yesterday was a complete bust. Got to the family gathering and just ate whatever (it was mostly junk offered), and drank a few beers. Tried not to feel guilty about it but I did. Didn't get to work out Sat. OR Sunday, hoping the gym is open today so I can get back at it.
Nothing to be humbled about; women are prettiest with hips.

I dunno if I'll work out today or not. Might just take the day off.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #10
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
Nothing to be humbled about; women are prettiest with hips.
I get this all the time: "I hate to see you leave but I love to watch you walk away." *sigh*