Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supplement Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ElementalVirago's GR8 HT-8 Log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3696)

ElementalVirago 07-04-2010 10:30 AM

ElementalVirago's GR8 HT-8 Log

Thanks to nighttrain and the good people at Anabolic Addiction, I've been chosen to do a training log and review of their HT-8 product that claims to provide "Pure Energy, Focus and Stamina." The review will be written and published after the log.

ht-8 pure clean energy

In the past I have tried other energy/fat burning supplements such as Hydroxycut (made me too jittery so I stopped), Lipo 6 Black Hers (felt like crack on day one, after that I just didn't want to eat EVER, had sleep issues also), and Five Hour Energy shots (which I like but seemed to build up a tolerance to very quickly). While the HT-8 is not touted as a thermogenic, per se, I'm looking forward to seeing if it does provide the long-lasting clean energy and euphoria with no crash as it promises. The informal reviews I've read on this product are overwhelmingly positive.

DIET

Since Wednesday, June 30th, I've been on a strict 50-30-20 diet which has already proved to be challenging, but has been made easier with the assistance of a food log on MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM. With this tool, I'm able to plan my meals a day in advance to ensure the 50-30-20 ratio is being met, instead of just guessing and logging what I eat AFTER the fact and hope for the best. I am using this diet to attempt to cut body fat while still maintaining lean mass. I'm really feeling the effects of this semi low-carb diet so I'm hoping that the HT-8 can give me some energy that I'm lacking. I've set my calorie goal at 1800 but I've been ending the day anywhere between 1500-1700 calories consistently. If I need to adjust caloric intake based on results, I will.

TRAINING

I'm currently using an 8 week training regimen from Muscle & Fitness Hers (created by Kim Oddo) that they put together for a transformation contest. While I'm not in the contest, I needed to change my former routine up so I thought I'd give this a whirl. It consists of two phases (4 weeks each phase), and I'm a week into Phase II. This phase is more challenging as it offers more compound lifts with more weight/fewer reps. Phase II requires a 5 day split and I've been doing cardio (mostly HIIT) on the off days and after lifting when able.

STATS

I'll mostly be tracking my weight during this log, as I'm looking to lose fat while maintaining muscle but I will provide measurements from time to time. I'm hoping to lose at least 1 pound a week but no more than 1.5 pounds a week.

Height: 5'4"
Weight as of this morning: 153.5 (down from 155 on June 30)
Bust: 34
Waist: 27.5
Hips: 38 (yes, I have a butt haha)
Thigh: 24.5
Bicep: 12

According to Home Body Fat Test I'm at 24.5% body fat. (37.5 Pounds of fat and 115.5 Pounds of lean). I would like to see what I look like at 18% body fat. In order for me to be 18% bf at my current mass, I'd have to weigh 142.5 (115.5 lbs lean + 27 lbs fat) which is a loss of 11 pounds. It would be nice to see that number again! :march:

It's 10:25 am on July 4th, Independence Day. The recommended dosage on the bottle is 1 to 2 capsules daily. I will start with 1 capsule and see what happens. If anyone has suggestions about this log (what you'd like to see, what you don't want to see) just let me know and I will try to accommodate. Bottoms up, and Happy Holidays, everyone!

BendtheBar 07-04-2010 11:50 AM

Hope you love it. I ran HT-8 and Phenom V1 and could notice good clean energy.

I'm in for the ride.

ElementalVirago 07-04-2010 12:18 PM

Thanks, BtB. Not yet 2 hours after ingesting and I feel...weird. A good weird. Not jittery, not cracked up but...high. I like it so far!

BendtheBar 07-04-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementalVirago (Post 67950)
Thanks, BtB. Not yet 2 hours after ingesting and I feel...weird. A good weird. Not jittery, not cracked up but...high. I like it so far!

That's good to hear. I never had any jitters either.

I also felt more "normal" later in the evening, and was actually able to keep my old body up to 9pm without feeling like a zombie.

nighttrain 07-04-2010 04:55 PM

excellent start EV, im liking the setup!!! i hope that it turns out good for, but as previously stated i'm looking for straight forward write up on this product... i know Big Steve and a few other have run it and loved it... looking to here some feedback from a woman on this!!! give it hell girl, and i will be following along to give tips and motivation where needed!!!

IronManlet 07-04-2010 05:36 PM

In.

Nice hips. ;)

onetiredkris 07-04-2010 06:12 PM

AAs fat burning products are great. Cant wait to see them help you with your goals EV.

take care of business

ElementalVirago 07-05-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronManlet (Post 67978)
Nice hips. ;)

Haha...you know, it's very hard and humbling for a woman to post her stats publicly, but I think it's good too. Gives me a sense of accountability.

Yesterday was a complete bust. Got to the family gathering and just ate whatever (it was mostly junk offered), and drank a few beers. Tried not to feel guilty about it but I did. Didn't get to work out Sat. OR Sunday, hoping the gym is open today so I can get back at it. :rockon:

IronManlet 07-05-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementalVirago (Post 68041)
Haha...you know, it's very hard and humbling for a woman to post her stats publicly, but I think it's good too. Gives me a sense of accountability.

Yesterday was a complete bust. Got to the family gathering and just ate whatever (it was mostly junk offered), and drank a few beers. Tried not to feel guilty about it but I did. Didn't get to work out Sat. OR Sunday, hoping the gym is open today so I can get back at it. :rockon:

Nothing to be humbled about; women are prettiest with hips. :D

I dunno if I'll work out today or not. Might just take the day off.

ElementalVirago 07-05-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronManlet (Post 68051)
Nothing to be humbled about; women are prettiest with hips. :D

I get this all the time: "I hate to see you leave but I love to watch you walk away." *sigh* :bootyshake: