Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #41
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Sometimes when I eat fast food, even when I undereat, the sodium levels in the food cause me to hold water for a day or two. Now if it's Pizza, I sponge up a ton of water. I stick with Subway when i want fast food though. Yes, I know, hard to tell from my avatar

Anyway, hopefully you will bump that back down in the next two days.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #42
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sometimes when I eat fast food, even when I undereat, the sodium levels in the food cause me to hold water for a day or two. Now if it's Pizza, I sponge up a ton of water. I stick with Subway when i want fast food though. Yes, I know, hard to tell from my avatar

Anyway, hopefully you will bump that back down in the next two days.
True, very good point. Thank you for that. I know you won't just gain weight overnight from overeating or eating the wrong food. It may catch up to you in a couple of days, but it doesn't get applied quite that quickly.

Dood your new avi is sick. I love it!!

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #43
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Today was my "off" day, so just did cardio: 20 min. of elliptical and 20 min. of biking.

I think I've come to the conclusion that this HT-8 has a bit of a dissociative effect. It's the first thing I thought when I first started taking it, like it sort of has an opioid-type of euphoria. I only ate half of my salad for lunch today (just because I simply didn't want anymore) and about halfway through my elliptical I got super hungry, and while I recognized that I was hungry, I just really didn't seem to care. It's kind of the same way a drug like Vicodin works - it doesn't take the pain away, it just takes away your desire to care about the pain.

I'm not sure that's even possible given the ingredients in this stuff. I mean, these could be sugar pills for all I know and the dissociative effect may very well be a product of my clinical insanity. Who knows? Who cares? I certainly don't...no...I don't...

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 07-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #44
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
True, very good point. Thank you for that. I know you won't just gain weight overnight from overeating or eating the wrong food. It may catch up to you in a couple of days, but it doesn't get applied quite that quickly.

Dood your new avi is sick. I love it!!
Thanks. I can't wait to finish the cut...

Old 07-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #45
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Today was my "off" day, so just did cardio: 20 min. of elliptical and 20 min. of biking.

I think I've come to the conclusion that this HT-8 has a bit of a dissociative effect. It's the first thing I thought when I first started taking it, like it sort of has an opioid-type of euphoria. I only ate half of my salad for lunch today (just because I simply didn't want anymore) and about halfway through my elliptical I got super hungry, and while I recognized that I was hungry, I just really didn't seem to care. It's kind of the same way a drug like Vicodin works - it doesn't take the pain away, it just takes away your desire to care about the pain.

I'm not sure that's even possible given the ingredients in this stuff. I mean, these could be sugar pills for all I know and the dissociative effect may very well be a product of my clinical insanity. Who knows? Who cares? I certainly don't...no...I don't...
I think I know what you're saying. I felt a bit of that myself while using HT-8. I felt good - better. I don't think it's a strange assessment at all. I remember many nights sitting on my man-chair at 9pm just feeling good - comfortable.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #46
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think I know what you're saying. I felt a bit of that myself while using HT-8. I felt good - better. I don't think it's a strange assessment at all. I remember many nights sitting on my man-chair at 9pm just feeling good - comfortable.
Cool. I felt a little crazy just saying all of that, and I thought the first day maybe I was just making myself feel that way out of anticipation or just imagining it, wishful thinking...but no, it's EVERY DAY. I get thiese warm fuzzy feelings like I've suddenly turned into Stuart Smalley..."I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people LIKE me!!"

Old 07-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #47
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. I was abducted by aliens, then got in a car crash and...OK fine, I was just lazy. There.

Weight is holding steady so I'm assuming at this point that what I HAVE lost is water weight that was released from my semi-low carb diet. Crap! So yeah, I figured it would be short-lived. Now to get it going again!

Ok before I go any further, I'm really excited to tell you guys about a little experiment I did on the HT-8, kind of a double-blind guinea pig thing. So I asked two of my co-workers (both female, but that probably doesn't matter) to try this out for me and report the results. (Side note: The unintentional sub-experiment here is finding out how readily people will take a pill when offered to them, without even asking what it is. Either I'm just that trustworthy or they're just that insane.)

The reason I did this is because I wanted to prove to myself that the effects of the HT-8 that I am feeling weren't just the result of a placebo effect, e.g. mind over matter. You know, when your body experiences something only because your mind is telling you it's happening. I knew going into this log what was supposed to happen with the HT-8, so is that the only reason it WAS happening?

So with Subject A, I did tell her exactly what I was giving her and what she might expect. I showed her the Anabolic Addiction website and she read the spiel about the HT-8. She was really pumped about it because she was looking forward to what it promised (she needed to mow the lawn and wanted some energy to do so). She did take it at around 4 pm but I don't think that should have had anything to do with its effectiveness.

The next day, Subject A reported absolutely no effects on her energy or mood or anything. Conclusion: even when Subject A knew what the pill was and what she could expect, she did not experience the results she anticipated.

With Subject B, I didn't tell her what the pill was, what it was intended for, or what she could expect it to do. She had an indication that it was a supplement that I was using but that was it. She took the pill at approx. 10 am. About an hour and a half later, she only had two questions for me: "What did you give me and where can I get more?" I asked her what she experienced and she said that she wasn't as hungry for lunch and that she felt like she had more energy. I asked about her mood and she said, "It's good. Actually, my mood is great. Really great, come to think of it!" I then revealed what it was that I gave her and directed her to the Muscle & Strength store where she immediately proceeded to purchase a bottle. Conclusion: even though Subject B did not have any expectations of the pill, she experienced all the results the HT-8 advertises.

This little experiment helped me make a solid determination that the HT-8 does not just deliver a placebo effect, but real results.

I should note that Subject A regularly takes a Benzodiazepine so I'm not sure if the HT-8 could have possibly been ineffective to her as her neurotransmitters are already stimulated by the drug. In any case, I feel I can still safely theorize that even IF the HT-8 was not able to have a physical effect on her, it did NOT have a placebo effect which is what I was trying to prove here. Same with Subject B, there could be no placebo effect because there was no preconceived notion of what should happen after she took the HT-8.

I do plan on mentioning this experiment in my formal review of the HT-8, simply because I think it will alleviate any skepticism from readers about whether or not this actually works (even though it clearly does not work for everyone, but we already were aware of this and AA does not make claims to the contrary).

Ok, so now I can take my scientist hat off and put my athlete hat back on! Workout yesterday as follows:

Shoulders

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press: 15x10 20x8 25x6
Lateral Raise (dropsets):
15x10 12x10 10x10
12x10 10x10 8x10
10x10 8x10 5x10
(by the time I get to the end, I can hardly lift the 5 lb dumbbells because my shoulders are so wiped, but that's a good thing!)
Arnold Press: 15x10 20x8 25x6 (failure)
Lateral Raise on Incline Bench: 10x10 12x8 15x6

Ab Circuit
Rope Crunch (70 lbs x 15 reps), Bicycle (20 each side), Hip Thrust (15 reps)
Did this circuit three times, resting about a minute between each set

Now I'm going to bike to the gym for my Saturday workout. Cheers!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #48
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

looking good so far EV
Old 07-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #49
bb12
Hulk!
Max Brawn
Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

bb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributor

Love the experiment!
bb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #50
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12 View Post
Love the experiment!
Thanks, I was hoping you guys at AA wouldn't mind.