Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #241
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
No wonder you can't sleep, T! Did you miss the part last week when I was talkin' about bouncing big red rubber balls on my boobs?
lol no!
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #242
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

It's a kickball thing. Which I also believe was the prequel to my crotch issues.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #243
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
It's a kickball thing. Which I also believe was the prequel to my crotch issues.
of all the places to be injured or sore....those are the last two i would injure as a woman...
Old 08-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #244
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
of all the places to be injured or sore....those are the last two i would injure as a woman...
Well my boobs weren't sore, just had a very difficult time catching big rubber ball pop flies because inflated rubber+boobs=epic ricochet.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 08-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #245
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

Quote:
Well my boobs weren't sore, just had a very difficult time catching big rubber ball pop flies because inflated rubber+boobs=epic ricochet.
hahah oh the mental image of that is very cartoonish.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #246
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

This sums up my mad kickball skillz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kickball_fail.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1845  

Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #247
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Friday I reinjured my groin/legs. Super ow. I kind of forgot that I had hurt myself before, simply because it was feeling better so I didn't think to baby it. On my first set of leg presses I thought it would be a good idea to try a 160 lb. leg press and as soon as I met resistance with the weights on my legs, I felt a sharp, pulling pain in my right leg, in the front of the muscle (rectus femoris?), and I lost all but the slightest ability to push any weight with it. A little more on this after the log:

Lower Body

DL: 140x6 140x6 140x4
Leg Press: 160x1 (reinjury occurred) 120x6 (LAME!) 120x6 (LAME!)
Lunges: 40x6 x3 (much pain)
Seated Calf Raises: 180x6 185x8 185x8
Shrugs: 110x8 x3
Crunches: BWx15 BWx15 BWx10
Hypertextensions: 40x15 40x15 40x10

So to continue...after the pain on the leg press, I did my lunges and boy did that hurt going down, esp. on the right side. My quads felt so tightly wound it was incredibly painful. On the second set of leg presses, I was so upset with myself because all I could was a very lame 120. I was so mad. I suppose I should have stopped right then and there, but I didn't. I honestly don't know when to rest and when I'm just being making excuses to be lazy. This was one of those days when I should have called it quits. I know that now because of what happened yesterday.

All weekend my quads felt so so tight...like they would twinge at the slightest amount of stretching or use. It was nothing like I'd ever felt before. Well yesterday I bent down with my knees to sit on the floor and the most incredible stabbing hot pain went right through my right quad. It was so bad I thought I was going to pass out. Not like a cramp or a Charlie Horse, but like someone had just lit a machete on fire and jammed it through my leg. I couldn't speak, I couldn't breathe. My poor son was so scared and I couldn't even talk to tell him what was wrong. When the pain subsided just a little bit (to the point where I could breathe/talk again), I was afraid to move it for fear it was going to do the same thing, but I WAS able to move it. It was a little while before I was confident enough to try to put weight on it. So...I CAN walk on it now, but it's hot and it aches and any time I try to bend down or have any sort of flexion resistance, it's very painful (hurts even to drive when I have to move my leg from the gas to the brake, etc.).

Currently I'm alternating ice and heat, taking OTC pain meds and last night put some icy hot on both legs. I think it's safe to say that I'll need to back off from some of the leg lifts for a little while.

Here's an interesting thing that happened to me on Friday night. And maybe this should be a new thread in itself, but here it is. I'm not sure how to process this, but basically my fiance sat me down and started the conversation with this: "I want to talk to you about something. Now I don't want you to take this the wrong way..." OK, anytime someone says that, you know it's not going to be good, and it seems like a year from the time they say that to the time they actually get to the point, so a thousand different scenarios play in my head. I knew...I just KNEW...it was going to be something about me working out. What I thought he was going to say was that he wasn't happy with the way I looked. I've been thinking that was going to come any time now. But what he said was, "...I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but you know that all this stuff you're doing with working out is just a substitute for your anorexia, right?" My first thought was, "Has he been watching some late night Dr. Phil or something?" And I'm not sure if I had anorexia, or bulemia, or a little of both or something else altogether, but yes, many years ago I had an eating disorder that involved a debilitating fear of food. I lost about 30 pounds in a month because my then boyfriend had basically told me I would be perfect if I just lost some weight (his perfect weight for me was 90 lbs). I got to the point where I would literally cry if I put food in my mouth. So anyway, long story short, he pretty much thinks that I'm going to get just as obsessive about weightlifting as I did with not eating, that I am substituting one addiction for another. I didn't get mad, I didn't get defensive, but I did express some confusion as to how getting healthy and fit was the same problem as starving myself. I do understand what he's trying to say, but I don't believe I'm working out so much that it's become a problem. I don't do it obsessively, I don't do it too much, and I'm not ignoring my responsibilities to do it. Which he agreed with, but he expressed concern that it could happen easily if I don't keep it in check. Then he added, "I can see you are changing. You are bigger." Then he pointed out where I've gained definition in my arms and shoulders. He said, "Your shoulders are bigger. You look like a swimmer." Hearing "You're bigger" actually made me smile. I don't think he expected that. But that was really the first time he has EVER told me that he has seen progress. I don't think he wanted to admit it, or didn't want me to know that I was changing. He doesn't like it. I know he doesn't. But I know it's not something he's saying to upset me. He said he doesn't think I'm obsessive now but he wanted to talk to me BEFORE it gets to that point, because then I wouldn't listen. I dunno. I think I'm fine. It's he that has the problem, not me. So sayeth the addict.

Also, I took my last HT-8 on Saturday. I will be sad to see it go, I really will. I loved the HT-8 and was really happy it. I'll be writing up a review in the coming days. So thank you, Anabolic Addiction, for the opportunity to run my very first log, and for the chance to try out HT-8. I'll definitely be buying it again and will be recommending it to friends as a stimulant that doesn't make you jittery or make your heart race like a lot of the others I've tried, but for providing good, clean energy.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #248
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

thats no good!!

you still soldiered on though and that kicks ass.

now go find a manwhore/sex slave to massage your groin for you.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #249
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
thats no good!!

you still soldiered on though and that kicks ass.

now go find a manwhore/sex slave to massage your groin for you.
Well yeah, you know, I thought it was a good thing I didn't pansy out either. But maybe I SHOULD have pansied. Feh.

I've already had some eager volunteers to rub my thigh for me.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #250
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

Quote:
Well yeah, you know, I thought it was a good thing I didn't pansy out either. But maybe I SHOULD have pansied. Feh.

I've already had some eager volunteers to rub my thigh for me.
yeah, i dont know how to stop. unless i physically cannot move, i will lift.

haha with those abs, i bet you have.