Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #11
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
I get this all the time: "I hate to see you leave but I love to watch you walk away." *sigh*
hahahaha! Exactly.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

So my gym was open, thank goodness. Had breakfast and took my HT-8 and headed out. I did my Monday split (back/abs) and about 20 minutes into it I got this incredible rush so I ended up banging out the last set AND smashing the entire Saturday split (bis/tris) that I missed doing over the weekend. THEN I got on the treadmill, crushed 14 minutes of HIIT jogging/sprinting and finished up with 20 minutes of walking. I literally had to force myself to stop working out (because I was sure I had worked myself into a serious caloric deficit).

This HT-8 is so funky, like nothing else I've ever taken. I think I'm already starting to understand what "clean energy" means. Not the cracked-out jitters that make you want to punch babies, more like...a fire in your veins that makes you want to just keep going simply because it feels good.

And another thing...I had a fairly light breakfast (about 250 calories) so normally with all the working out I did, I'd be so hungry I'd practically be gnawing my arm off, but I wasn't. Just got home, had my post-workout protein shake and all is well with the world.

Sorry, I left my workout log at the gym (forgot I'd have to log it here) so I'll outline the splits I did later.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Outstanding.... maybe i Should run the other bottle i have in my cabinet...
Old 07-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #14
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Weighed in this morning at 152.5 lbs. Only 10 lbs to go! Only....eff! Haha.

Here is my workout from yesterday:

Back/Abs (Monday's workout)
Wide Grip Pullup (assisted cuz I can't do my bodyweight yet): 65x10 55x8 50x6
Close Grip Seated Cable Row: 50x10 60x8
(Last set did bent-over dumbbell row b/c the machine strikes a weird nerve in my elbow - 40x6)
Dumbbell Pullover: 20x10 25x8 30x6
Plank: 3 sets, 30 sec. ea
Weighted oblique crunches: 20 each side holding 10 lb. plate

Bis/Tris (Saturday's workout that I missed over the weekend)
Standing dumbbell curl: 15x10 x3
SUPERSET WITH
Skull Crushers (used padded bar b/c I wasn't confident using dumbells like it says to): 24x10 x3

Dumbbell Incline Curl: 12x10 x3
SUPERSET WITH
Tricep Pushdowns: 60x10 x3

Preacher Curls: 10+barx10 x3 (don't know how much the bar weighs but since I only was able to curl a 5-lb plate on each side it seemed kinda hefty)
SUPERSET WITH
Bench Dips: 10 x3

Cardio: 14 minutes of HIIT (jog/sprint) then walked @ 3.5-3.7 mph for 20 min

If I'm not writing this all down with the proper technique, PLEASE feel free to educate me. I don't want to look like the n00b that I am.

Today I am going to take the HT-8 closer to noon because I work out from 1-2 and then also hopefully the energy will last me until I get the kids to bed.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 07-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Oh, and also...I could have SWORN I saw the cephalic vein in my right arm pop out a little yesterday. May have just been wishful thinking. Sorry, but those veins in the arms are like...they scream "I'm a badass". I want those.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Oh, and also...I could have SWORN I saw the cephalic vein in my right arm pop out a little yesterday. May have just been wishful thinking. Sorry, but those veins in the arms are like...they scream "I'm a badass". I want those.
Workout and log looks good EV! Good to have you log rolling....

My forearms are the only place I have veins.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #17
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Workout and log looks good EV! Good to have you log rolling....
I saw your "log roll" pic on someone else's thread the other day and I lol'd.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Well here's one for you!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	log-rolling.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1628  

Old 07-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #19
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

I just got out of the gym and I'm feeling a little like smashed ass. I had a really hard time pushing through a workout that would normally be no problem (probably my lightest/quickest workout that I'll have all week) so I'm not sure what my deal is. I took the HT-8 at about 11:30 and worked out at 1. To clarify, I'm not saying it's got anything to do with the HT-8 it's just that it didn't seem to help me get over whatever it is that's bogging me down today. I just took another one because, well, the smashed ass thing, and I feel like my battery is dying.

The only two reasons I can think of for the low energy today is: 1) I did too much yesterday and/or B) I haven't eaten enough today, esp. fat - have only logged 15 grams of fat today which I know is not enough, I just planned out my breakfast/lunch/snacks pretty quickly this morning and figured I'd make up for it when I got home and planned out my dinner. Not sure if not enough fat in the diet today would make me feel like this. Maybe I'm just having an off day, who knows?

Workout today:

Incline Press: 60x10 70x8 70x6
Bench Press (w/dumbbells, total weight): 50x10 60x8 60x6
Pec-Dec Flye: 35x10 40x8 40x6
Pushups: 20, 12, 10

Cardio - Precor elliptical, resistance level 7 at moderate pace, 20 min.

Last edited by ElementalVirago; 07-06-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

It just happens. I usually have days like that once a month where I am simply flat. How is your daily water drinking?