Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supplement Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   BTB's Quake 10.0 Log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3150)

BendtheBar 05-05-2010 04:45 PM

BTB's Quake 10.0 Log

Day 1

Scivation Quake 10.0 Seismic Berry Blast

Initial impressions:

Taste: Tastes great. I am really picky about how supplements taste, having lived through too many bad protein powders and junk supplements in the late 80's. Berry Blast taste very good. Thumbs up!

Mixability: No problems here. Quake 10.0 mixed lightning quick.

Effectiveness: I had my hardest and longest leg workout of the year, and had great sustaining energy and good focus.

Today's Grade: A

Notes: I did find some "lump balls" in the container upon opening the Quake 10.0. They broke up easily and weren't an issue. Did catch me off guard though.

rippednmichigan 05-05-2010 06:32 PM

Been wanting to check this one out, sounds good so far.

CallmeKing 05-05-2010 06:35 PM

Sounds like a solid Pre Wo

BendtheBar 05-06-2010 03:38 PM

So far so good.

BendtheBar 05-06-2010 03:42 PM

Day 2

Today's Grade: A+

Notes: Brutality is the word for today. I used the Power Muscle Burn workout and slaughtered my shoulders and triceps. My shoulders and triceps were pumped from the Quake 10.0 long before I hit the 40 rep burn sets. And man, when I hit those 40 reppers I felt like I was going to explode, vomit or both.

I couldn't feel pumps from the Quake on leg day (rarely get leg pumps anyway) but today they were there. Great workout. Long workout. Felt good the entire way.

Good sustained energy and uber pumps. My arms are still engorged 20 minutes out from my last set.

gaspers04 05-06-2010 04:29 PM

"having lived through too many bad protein powders and junk supplements in the late 80's" boy that's an understatement!..lol I endured most of mine during the very late 80s and early 90s. What was that think orange thermo on the market for a minute...Ultimate Orange?

Shaolinkiwi 05-06-2010 06:06 PM

I've heard so many stories on Ultimate Orange, alias before my time.

Sounds good BTB anything that helps squeeze an extra rep or two out can't be that bad.

BendtheBar 05-06-2010 06:27 PM

I don't think I tried Ultimate Orange. My bad experiences were all with GNC protein powders.

BendtheBar 05-08-2010 01:45 PM

Day 3

Notes: Good sustained energy today. Trained strong and long. Had forearm pumps! I never get forearm pumps. Granted I did some serious grip-related work, BUT I have been training for a long time and can't remember the last time I got forearm pumps. And on a good (but odd) note, I wasn't getting brutal back pumps.

BendtheBar 05-10-2010 04:00 PM

Day 4

Notes: I had the biggest arm pumps of my life today, by far. My arms were both up 3/4th of an inch, and my right arm hit 19.5"

Quake 10.0 is giving me good sustained workout energy and quality, but not painful pumps. I am very sensitive to brutal pumps, but Quake isn't hitting me like that. The pumps aren't eye-popping, but that is a good thing. And when I say quality pumps...I mean arms are pumping up in size without making me want to call for my mommy.