Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #121
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
and the only prescription....is more deadlifts!!!!!
Dam straight, write me up some 5/3/1's please Doc.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #122
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
Yea after years of hating / avoiding them, they are becoming a favorite - I got the fever!!
Do it to it! It took me a while to fall in love with deadlifts, but once I did...bam!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #123
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Do it to it! It took me a while to fall in love with deadlifts, but once I did...bam!
I like the utter simplicity of the deadlifts.

and they are the lifts were you can move the heaviest weights for reasonable distance
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #124
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Yep the deadlift is a scholar among gentlemen. I just did a quick calc on my estimated 1RM for deadlift based on yesterdays effort.

New 1RM now 385lbs.....crazy. Before starting it was 330.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #125
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
Yep the deadlift is a scholar among gentlemen. I just did a quick calc on my estimated 1RM for deadlift based on yesterdays effort.

New 1RM now 385lbs.....crazy. Before starting it was 330.
Great progress

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #126
nighttrain
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

yeah i dont believe those calculators.......

mine is never right
Old 05-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #127
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
yeah i dont believe those calculators.......

mine is never right
Don't say that!! I'll just go and pick up my shattered ego off the floor now :P

j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Great progress
Thank Btb

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT

Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #128
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Bench day bbuuudddyyyyyy! T minus 5 mins

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT

Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #129
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Default 05/06/10

Felt good today, had yesterday as rest day and felt all the better for it. Legs and back were a bit tender from the Deadlifts.

Flat Bench

Warm up sets
1 x 5 - 90
1 x 5 - 110
1 x 1 - 132

Working Sets
1 x 5 - 132
1 x 3 - 155
1 x 12 - 176

Felt pretty good after hitting these without too much trouble at all. Really had my form down today and that helped. Took a slightly wider grip on the bar and made a big difference.

I decided to head to the smith racks and do some heavy singles as I had no spotter.

Flat bench singles * Smith
1 x 1 - 175
1 x 1 - 220 FAIL
1 x 1 - 190
1 x 1 - 192
1 x 1 - 198
1 x 1 - 204

Assistance sets
Ez Curls:
2 x 10 - 100
3 x 10 - 78

Standing overhead cable extensions:
2 x 12 - 78
1 x 12 - 100

Lateral Raises:
3 x 15 - 25

Bear Complexes:
3 x 4 - 88

Took 2.5 scoops of Jack3d and 3 caps of T-Alpha. Enjoying the mix of these products.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT

Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #130
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn

Didn't have time to post up last Friday's work out due to work, so here we go:

Squat Day* Smith

Warm up
5 - 90
3 - 110
1 - 130

Working Sets
5 - 231
3 - 264
14 - 297

Then moved on to some heavy singles:

First 2 sets got to just above parallel, target is to hit parallel on these weights
1 x 1 - 350
1 x 1 - 375

*** At this point it was more like 1/4 squats but did them anyway
1 x 1 - 395
1 x 1 - 420
1 x 1 - 440

Leg Press:
3 x 20 - 90 *Done slow and to max depth. Focus to work out getting out of the whole on squats

Calf Press:
3 x 20 - 90

Leg Curls:
1 x 10 - 100
1 x 10 - 120
1 x 10 - 80

This week is my de-load week.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT