Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
linedriver465
Max Brawn
Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast
Default LD Gets PUMPED with Purus Labs' NOXYGEN

Special thanks to Randoja and the folks at Purus Labs for giving me the opportunity to log a full 40-serving tub of their non-stim, unflavored pump product, NOXYGEN.

Here is the ingredient panel:

Current routine: Ideally, 2 days of "heavy" lifting followed by 1 rest/cardio day. It's an upper lower split with a bit of crossover, such as two back exercises on one of the lower body days.

Current goal: slowly added muscle mass and gain strength in the hypertophy rep ranges

After the first use I will review:
Taste
Mixibility

After every use I will review:
Intra workout pump
Post workout pump
Vascularity

"Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates

Follow my lifting log!

"Life is too short to dick around" - Steve Shaw
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
linedriver465
Max Brawn

linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

6/1 - 1 scoop 20 minutes pre workout for a PM light full body workout

After opening the tub, I was a bit concerned to see the picture below:

HOWEVER, according to Randoja, "Haha yeah, if it don't clump, it don't pump. It's just because of the sugar alcohol. That's totally normal."
This was a huge relief to hear haha so without further ado....

Taste: 9
The product is labeled as "unflavored" and I agree that it doesn't have a distinct flavor but it does have a "mouth feel", which was almost kinda tangy and slightly acidic but im being nitpicky here as i literally place a little clump of it on my tongue. If you mixed it with Condense it wouldn't change the flavor of Condense at all, but right now, with road travel, I only hav room in my luggage for caffeine pills.

Scoopability: 1
In the canister, the product appears very clumpy and oversaturated with moisture. It was a pain in the butt to scoop the first time as I made the mistake of packing the scoop and trying to shake it out. This stuff is not a powder ladies and gentlement - if you pack the scoop be prepared to bust out the knife to scrap it out of the scooper. If you don't have a food scale, Randoja said a water bottle cap is about a serving. Moving forward and being on the road without a food scale, I will be using that technique.

Mixibility:10
One I got the product in to liquid, cold H20, I shook vigorously for about 8 seconds. There was no foaming and it turned the water opaque but it didn't leave residue or granules after the first fill up.

Intra workout pump: 8
Today was a 5x10 "light" day with high bar squats, dips, and chins. After the first set of squats, the glutes, quads, and lower back had a little pump going. By the end of squats, quads were quite pumped. Nice tricep and chest pump from dips and awesome bicep/lat pump from chins.

Post workout pump: 7
Pump didn't last particularly longer than average except in my quads as it was noticeably snugger when I put on my shorts lol

Vascularity: N/A
Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary related to vascularity today.

Follow my lifting log!

Last edited by linedriver465; 06-02-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
linedriver465
Max Brawn

6/2 - 1 scoop 20 minutes pre workout for an AM DL+ accessory workout

Intra workout pump: 8.5
During my warm up sets for deadlifts I could feel an upper back pump starting; at the end of those sets my posterior chain had a decent pump. After front squats my quads were pumped like crazy and the BB hip thrusts rounded out an insane glute pump. During meadow shrugs, my traps engorged with blood and I could visibly tell my usually non-existent traps were pumped in the mirror lol. Not much of a lat or ab pump though despite performing exercises that hit those muscle groups.

Post workout pump: 8.5
Jeebus! Quads, glutes, and upper back were pumped for the majority of the day it felt like haha. My dress chinos definitely fit more snuggly in the upper thigh/bum area.

Unfortuntely I didn't notice any change in vascularity. I'm probably in the 12-15% bf range so I would expect to see something but it's hit or miss on my DL+Accessory days given the exercises I perform.

Follow my lifting log!

Old 06-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
linedriver465
Max Brawn

Use 3: 1.5 scoops 25 minutes pre workout on seated bhtnp+accessory day

Intra workout pump: 9
Felt normal during my jump rope and shoulder activation warm up, but even after the first set of bhtnp, I started feeling blood rush to my lateral delts and traps which further increased during my working sets. Incline didn't cause much of an upper chest pump but after Arnold press and lateral raise superst, crazy awesome overall delt pump. Lat pump was decent from meadow rows and incline db curls caused a crazy bicep pump*

Post workout pump: 8.5
I could hardly lift my arms overhead because my biceps and triceps were so pumped. It was hard washing my back due to the lat and shoulder pump. Didn't last as long as my lower body pump did yesterday though

Vascularity: 5
Not much to report unfortunately. I think training in the morning and in a fasted state is probably the reason why the vascularity isn't anything crazy. Some decent shoulder veinage during incline db curls though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow my lifting log!

Old 06-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
linedriver465
Max Brawn

Use 4: 1.5 scoops 15 minutes pre workout on SQ+Accessory Day

Intra-workout Pump: 8
During my back squat warm-up sets, I didn't feel much of a pump but after my top set, I felt a solid pump in my lats/upper back which is unusual for me but a good sign I was staying tight during the high-ish rep top set. Finished squats with a decent glute/quad pump (more fatigue than pump at this point). After SLDLs I had a great trap, hamstring, and glute pump and after leg pres... phew! Quads ballooned up. Leg extensions and leg curls didn't really alter the pump but calf raises left me with a decent calf pump.

Post Workout Pump: 7.5
Calf pump last the longest out of all the pumped muscle groups from today. Since I've switched to high bar squat and worked to really dial in form, my glutes and quads also stayed pumped for about 20 minutes after lifting - it was a bit of a chore to put on my dress chinos lol.

On the road, my digestion is poor and I tend to retain water - I'm not "fat" by any means but I'm also not sitting at 8% 24/7/365 so veins are hit and miss. Didn't notice anything vascularity related during the workout today.

Follow my lifting log!

Old 06-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Hywelbane
Max Brawn
Points: 3,145, Level: 34 Points: 3,145, Level: 34 Points: 3,145, Level: 34
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Condense
Hywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master member

How have I not seen this? Subbed!

Hywelbane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
Randoja