Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
TDawg75
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn
Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: since 5/15/13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: buffet plate carry
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine
Default TDawg and Purus Labs' NOxygen pumpin' up the volume!

I would like to thank Randoja and Purus Labs for the opportunity to try, review, and log this product.

I received my tub of Purus Labs NOxygen a mere 3 days from the time I gave Randoja my info. The box felt light, so I assumed that it was just a couple of sample packets. I was wrong, it was a full container. It is a small container, but the servings are small, so it still contains 40 servings. The labeling on the tub is pretty eye-catching, much nicer than the supplements I am used to using. I felt "all front of the bus and stuff" just holding the tub, lol. It is a little clumpy, but I have been told this is normal due to the specific ingredients in this product. This ain't yer pappy's NOx supplement.

I have some remaining pwo that I bought in preparation for my meet that I have been taking. I am still finishing that tub off, so I just added the Purus Labs NOxygen to the pwo. It mixed very well and the only difference I noticed was it made my pwo a little "thicker", for lack of a better word. I noticed no taste difference and no aftertaste. It is important to note that I have NOT previously experienced any pump with the pwo that I have been using.

I didn't change my routine at all. I took my pwo with the NOxygen and immediately left for the gym (about a mile away). When I arrived at the gym I gave a prospective member a quick tour before starting up my training, so it was roughly 30 minutes from the time I took the pwo/NOxygen combo until I started training.

I started out with low reps trying to set a new squat pr and got a little pump from that, but when I switched to my rep work afterwards is when I noticed the difference. I measured my upper thighs before leaving for the gym, and again upon returning. I didn't take pics because no one wants to see the upper thigh of someone my size, right? I will post other pics as I go through this tub of NOxygen. Recall that I normally don't get much, if any, pump from my leg training. My measurement before leaving was an even 33" (in the interest of full disclosure, I am a very large [fat] man at roughly 395lbs). My measurement after? Just a hair over 35 1/4 inches. Not bad at all considering my normal chemical imbalance known as "nopumpatall".

I do not know if it was an effect of the Purus Labs NOxygen, or just my excitement at trying a new product, but my breathing was much better today than it usually is on leg day. I am normally severely out of breath after a set of squats (especially 10 rep sets, which are very high rep for me), but today I had a much easier time with my breathing. Not only was I not breathing as hard after my sets, but I recovered to normal breathing MUCH faster. In fact, I had to start setting a timer to make sure I wasn't getting back under the bar too quickly. Where I would normally take 4 minutes or so to get back under the bar, I was ready to go at just barely over a minute. Suhweet!

My future posts won't be this long as this is my first one and I had a lot to cover. I am sooo looking forward to using Purus Labs' NOxygen on brocep day as well as chest and shoulder days (but especially brocep day). I will have some pics of the product in a following post because my smart phone is currently not quite smart enough to talk with my computer. Maybe they aren't on speaking terms, who knows?

5/21/14- Supposed to be Wendler 5/3/1 leg day and my first training day since my meet on Saturday. I set 20lb pr's in both my bench and dl on Saturday (was a push/pull event) and I dearly wanted to set a pr in squat as well.

Squats- I haven't squatted in two weeks, so I did a couple of extra warmup sets.
bar x 10
95 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 3
295 x 3
315 x 2
335 x 1
365 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1
425 x 1
450 x 1- 25lb pr!!!!! It was neither pretty nor easy, but it went. That makes pr's on all three of the big lifts in the last week.

rep work
225 for 5 sets of 10- As I mentioned in my prelude, these sets are where the Purus Labs NOxygen really shined for me.

I would normally have finished it off with 3 sets on the leg press but I spent a lot of time working up to a pr, so I had to call it a day here.

Gym pr's- bench 330, DL 405, squat 450
Meet pr's- bench 350, dl 425, squat tbd
My new training log- http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17510

Last edited by TDawg75; 05-21-2014 at 07:18 PM.
TDawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
Hywelbane
Max Brawn
Points: 3,145, Level: 34 Points: 3,145, Level: 34 Points: 3,145, Level: 34
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Condense
Hywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beastHywelbane is a lifting beast

Strong squatting in here. I'm loving Noxygen so far with the pump and some added endurance. I have also noticed what you mentioned with it making liquid "thicker" and to me it feels a lot less smooth.

Hywelbane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:20 AM   #3
TDawg75
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn

TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine

Couple of pics showing package size and product consistency.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140522_043133_257.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	14482   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140521_152141_708.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	14483  

Old 05-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Randoja
Powered by Purus
Max Brawn
Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 12 years on and off.
Fav Exercise: Squat/Bench/Dead
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
Randoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master member

Nice squats bro! Haha I've had to add additional brocep days to my routine since getting my tub, you won't be disappointed.

Purus Labs Rep
Mobile post
www.puruslabs.net
www.unbreakablegear.com <--Save 10% on apparel with coupon code MAB10!
Meet PR's:451/270/501 (181) 479/270/529 (198) Best Total: 1212@181 1278@198
Randoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
TDawg75
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hywelbane View Post
Strong squatting in here. I'm loving Noxygen so far with the pump and some added endurance. I have also noticed what you mentioned with it making liquid "thicker" and to me it feels a lot less smooth.
Thanks! Yep, I'm really digging it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
Nice squats bro! Haha I've had to add additional brocep days to my routine since getting my tub, you won't be disappointed.

Purus Labs Rep
Mobile post
Thanks, Randoja! I normally train tris with chest and bis with back, but the effects of NOxygen warrant putting arms on a day of their own.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
TDawg75
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn

5/22/14- Wendler bench day- Before I proceed, I think it is important to note that I am a powerlifter and do not train for a pump, as such, I usually don't get one. USUALLY. The only changes I have made to my training for this supplement log is taking bis/tris off of my chest/back days and giving them their own day. I have not changed my rep scheme or training style.

Now, that being said, HOLY COW! I am a large man, the military bodyfat scale puts me at around 45% bodyfat at 395-405lbs (my normal weight is 395, but I am currently 405 due to pounding creatine for my meet that just passed). With bodyfat that high, there shouldn't even be a hint of muscle showing under that blanket, lol. I have a few pics to show, that on chest day, not only did I get a great pump in my chest and front delts, but in my triceps as well. I felt like a doggone balloon animal! While I don't normally train for a pump, the Purus Labs NOxygen may have gotten me hooked.

Bench press
bar x 20
135 x 10
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 3
305 x 5

rep work
225 for 5 sets of 10

incline db bench press- this is normally a tricep exercise like cgbp, but I have moved tris to a different day, so I added these to fill the gap.
70's for 3 sets of 8

I have several pics showing side views relaxed and flexed (to show my chest isn't ballooned when relaxed, and, btw, notice how, even with sleeves on, my tris look like they are 'splodin). I also have a couple of crappy pics standing at the power rack (unflexed) to show the pump in my front delts. The fact that a fatty such as myself can show a very visible pump from this product should be really intriguing for y'all leaner lifters (approximately 99% of lifters).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	034.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	14486   Click image for larger version

Name:	033.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	14487   Click image for larger version

Name:	035.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	14488   Click image for larger version

Name:	037.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	14489  

Old 05-23-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Strong benching TD ... Keep smashing the wts. brother ...
Old 05-23-2014, 06:10 AM   #8
TDawg75
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Strong benching TD ... Keep smashing the wts. brother ...
Thank you, Ravi!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #9
TDawg75
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn

5/25/14- shoulder press/ brocep day- I didn't get as much MEASUREABLE pump as I was expecting, but I think this is due, primarily, to my high bodyfat. My arms were 21 1/2" cold, and between 22 - 22 1/2" when I got home from the gym. I will upload some before and after pics as well as some during pics, even if I have to take a couple posts to do it. I do believe I had lost some pump by the time I got home to re-measure, but it is normal for me to lose a pump pretty fast. During my training session today my headphones kept falling off the back of my head. This quickly became aggravating because, after about halfway through my session, the Purus Labs NOxygen had my delts and arms so pumped I couldn't reach behind my head to get the friggin headphones, lol. My forearms blew up like Popeye gettin' jacked on some spinach as well. So far, the most noticeable benefit I have gotten from the Purus Labs NOxygen is the increased endurance/quicker recovery times. Every training session in which I have used NOxygen I have been able to recover and move on to the next set much quicker than normal. This is great for me because I have limited training time due to my crazy work schedule. Purus Labs NOxygen allows me to greatly shorten my training sessions. This I like. My breathing recovers to normal a lot quicker with NOxygen, because of this, I am even contemplating using it when I perform tire flips. (tire flips are my current nemesis). So far, I haven't noticed any undesirable side effects. On to the training.

Seated shoulder press
bar x 20
95 x 10
135 x 5
150 x 5
170 x 3
185 x 8

Rep work
135 for 5 sets of 10

BTB's power shrugs- while most of my lifts didn't suffer from the down time before/after my meet, these apparently did. No worries, though, I'll get them back up to par soon.
135 x 15
225 x 15
315 x 12
405 x 8, 8

On to the brocep supersets

SS #1

EZ bar curls SS with cgbp
3 x 12

one-arm cable curls SS with one-arm tricep extensions
3 x 12

lying EZ-bar cable curls SS with cable pressdowns
3 x 12

Below are some pics during my training session. I do believe that I had more of a pump at this point than when I got back home, but I didn't have my tape with me. I will upload a couple of pics in my next post showing the pics with the tape. Also, while I did try to flex for the pics, the enormous pump I was experiencing made it nearly impossible.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	011 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	14525   Click image for larger version

Name:	017 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	14526   Click image for larger version

Name:	019 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	14527  

Old 05-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #10
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Good job TD...my arms were so pumped, I went to the store to buy milk all sweaty and nasty....just to show em off!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote