Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supplement Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   LD Decimates the Weights with Genomyx Decimate Amplified! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16209)

linedriver465 01-27-2014 09:09 PM

LD Decimates the Weights with Genomyx Decimate Amplified!

Special thanks to DJBeanPole and the folks at Genomyx for giving me the opportunity to review a 60-capsule bottle of Decimate AMPlified, Genomyx's energy and focus-boosting fat burner.

Although this product is advertised as a fat burner, I will be using it as a pre-workout product. Capsuled pre workout are extremely convenient for me since I am on the road Monday through Thursday halfway across the country.

Ingredients:
AMPlified Blend:
Caffeine Anhydrous, AMP Citrate (4-Amino-2-Methylpentane Citrate), Beta Alanine, Dandelion Root Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Pikatropin
552 mg**

Current Lifting Routine:
2 on/1 off high volume body part split based around rest pause training and bulldozer sets
Cardio as I see fit (sometimes in the mornings, evenings, or post workout)

Current Goal: Increase strength in the hypertrophy rep range(s) while increasing bodyweight

Planned Dosing: 1-2 caps 30 minutes pre-workout and/or pre cardio.

After every use, I will review the following (out of 10 possible points each)
Energy
Focus
Strength/Rep Increase
Side Effects

Stay tuned for my first use and thanks for stopping in!

linedriver465 01-29-2014 04:05 PM

1/29: 2 caps 30 minutes pre workout on Deadlift Day

Strength/Rep Increase: 8
Hit the rep goal on the top deadlift set; crushed a 225x40+ rep challenge on deadlift, and progressed in either rep/weight with my aux lifts.

Energy: 8
Nothing crazy walking in to the gym - as in I didn't notice an energy boost, but this is the first time in a while I left the gym not feeling completely gassed. Call it a fluke, slight change in routine, or the addition of Decimate Amplified, but I'll take it :). If I had more time before work I would have thrown in post workout cardio.

Focus: 9.5
Excellent focus during deadlifts - i could really feel my hips firing and mind muscle connection was exceptional on every exercise but a bit of a struggle with cable curls.

Pumps: 7
Pretty wicked lower back pump after high rep deads and in my quads after high rep leg press, but otherwise the pump was minor and short lived.

Side Effects: 10
It's only been 30 minutes post workout, but nothing yet

linedriver465 01-30-2014 09:12 PM

1/30: 2 caps 45 minutes pre workout on OHD

Exceeded the rep goal on my top set of OHD Press, but I hit that last week but since I'm starting a new routine I wanted to crush it and it felt much stronger than last week. Incline DB didn't have any change again but added weight and or reps to every other exercise :)

Energy: 9.5
Smooth, clean, non jittery energy within 30 minutes of taking Decimate Amplified. Felt excellent warming up, lifting, and had plenty of extra energy for post workout cardio!

Outstanding mind muscle connection for every single exercise but especially in seated OHD, DB incline, and Pull-ups.

Pumps: 7.5
Upper chest and front delts had a crazy pump after OHD and DB incline, but the pump in triceps and lats was only ok intra-workout and didn't last past my post workout cardio. I understand this isn't really a "pump" product, so I may stop commenting on this aspect... thoughts?

None

linedriver465 02-01-2014 01:21 PM

2/1: 2 caps 30 minutes pre workout on Squats+accessory

Strength/Rep Increase: 9
Hit my rep goal on top set of back squats and added weight and or reps to every accessory exercise except alternating db curls.

Energy: 9
Slept very strangely last night (asleep by 1030 but up at 3am then slept 430-8am) so I was a little worries energy would be crummy. However I was pleasantly surprised how awesome I felt warm in up and although the volume was taxing I didn't leave feeling exhausted and defeated lol

Focus: 8.5
Rock solid focus on back squats but it waned a little but during sldls but luckily it recovered for leg extensions but dipped again durin alt db curls. Mind muscle connection was pretty steady throughout the whole workout.

Pumps: 8.5
Great quad and glute pump after back squats. SLDLs further pumped my lower back and Hammies. After leg extensions the quad pump was strong. Bicep and calf pump from accessory work was decent but short lived.

None

linedriver465 02-02-2014 07:04 PM

2/2: 2 caps 30 minutes pre workout on BP + accessory

Strength/Rep Increase: 9
Hit the rep goal on my top set of bench and added weight and/or reps to every auxillary exercise. Bench press endurance was crappy, but my close grip bp work later in the workout was stellar - go figure.

Energy: 9.5
Despite staying up late and drinking last night I felt good warming up for the workout. BP endurance was iffy, but I had plenty of energy to crush the rest of the workout and even threw in 20 minutes of post WO cardio on the treadmill for good measure

Excellent mind muscle connection in the chest, but a bit of a struggle in the shoulders. However regained focus for tricep, back, and upper back work.

INSANE chest pump, but shoulder and tricep pump was decent but short lived. I left the gym with a decently pumped back though.

None

linedriver465 02-04-2014 10:48 AM

2/4: 2 caps 30 minutes pre workout on DL + accessory

Hit the rep goal minimum on DL, but just barely; progressed on Leg Press and cable rows; no change with cable curls. Progression on leg curl was hard to measure since I used a different machine.

530am workouts take adjusting lol, but midway through the workout, post DL'ing I finally felt "awake" and powered through the rest of my high-volume workout. Post workout energy was crazy high for some reason too!

Solid focus during Deadlifts, Leg Press, and Laying Leg Curls, but struggled a bit to focus on cable rows, cable curls, and power shrugs.

Pumps: 7
Decent glute and hammie pump after DLs; Leg Press pumped up the glutes further as well as quads to an extent. Leg curls didn't increase hammie pump. Slight middle and upper back pump from cable rows and power shrugs respectively. Cable curls left me with a decent bicep pump, but early morning training typically leads to less pump for me.

None - although I will say I had this crazy euphoria post lifting, which was incredible.

linedriver465 02-05-2014 11:31 AM

2/5: 2 caps 30 minutes pre workout on OHP + accessory

Exceeded the rep goal on my top set of seated OHP, but had to drop the working weight on incline DB to improve form within the rep goal range. Slight decrease in pull ups, but slight increase on lat pull downs, BHTNP, tricep pushdown and lateral raise

Energy
5:00am came EARLY this morning lol. Upon waking I took Decimate Amplified and I felt semi-awake on my walk to the gym; after warming up my body was awake but my mind wasn't quite there. However, I got a nice boost of energy after seated OHP press that lasted the duration of the workout. I felt up to post workout cardio but ran out of time

Focus:
Good, but not exceptional mind muscle connection during seated OHP and the main bulldozer exercises. Surprisingly high focus during the auxillary bulldozer exercises.

Pumps
After OHP, had a slight pump in my shoulders and triceps; good upper chest pump after incline DB but it was short lived. Great lat and rear delt pump after pull ups/pull downs, but tricep and middle delt pump post auxillary work was short lived

None - unfortunately didn't have that post workout euphoria like I did yesterday.

linedriver465 02-06-2014 10:53 AM

2/6: 2 caps 30 minutes pre workout on SQ + accessory

Strength/Rep Increase:
Exceeded my rep goal on the top set of squats; dropped weight and reps on DB curls and SLDLs but form improved; exceeded rep goal on leg extension and sub my seated calf raise for standing because this gym doesn't have that machine so progress is N/A right now.

Energy: 9
ROCK solid energy as I was walking to the gym and warming up; energy was high during my first set of squats, but the taxing nature of the exercise, paired with the altitude and time (5:30am) definitely drained me. However, after the initial dip in energy, energy stayed constant throughout the remainder of the workout.

Focus: 7.5
Focus on squats was fairly good, but mind muscle connection on SLDLs and Leg Extensions was exceptional. Had a hard time focusing during DB curls and forearm work, but focus during calf raise was good too.

Pumps: 7.5
After squats, SLDLs, and Leg Extensions I had a sweet glute/hammie/quad/posterior chain pump going on, but it was short lived. No good upper body pump after curl/forearm work but thats ok. Pump on calves was top notch though because I haven't done standing calf raises in a while lol

None - slight post workout euphoria, but could have been light-headness from squats and the altitude haha

linedriver465 02-11-2014 11:04 AM

2/10: 2 caps 60 minutes pre workout on BP + accessory in PM

Strength/Rep Increase:
Exceeded the rep goal with BP and Pendlay Row; added weight to CBGP and Cable Crossover. No change with DB Arnold and performed a new rear delt exercise.

Smooth energy that stayed solid with the except of a slight dip during the Drop5 sets of bench.

Focus: 8
Very good focus on the top set of bench, but during the subsequent Drop5 sets, I lost focus and my breathing was off. Regained focus for the remainder of the workout

Surprisingly good chest, lat, and upper back pump. Outstanding rear delt pump after the John Meadows rear delt destroyer, but all the pumps were fairly short lived.

Side Effects: 7.5
No crash, but I didn't sleep very well last night, but this is fairly common my first night in the hotel. Didn't seem to affect the next morning's DL workout.

linedriver465 02-11-2014 11:14 AM

2/11: 2 caps 30 minutes pre workout on DL + accessory in AM

Strength/Rep Increase: 10
Exceeded rep goal on every single exercise this morning; my rest and high caloric intake over the weekend positively impacted today's workout.

Energy: 8.5
Not a crazy boost of energy, but I felt awake and ready to "attack" the weights within 30 minutes of waking up and within 15 minutes of taking Decimate Amplified. Energy was solid during the entire workout.

Rock solid focus during deadlifts and for the entirety of my workout with a slight dipd due to fatigue during power shrugs. However, focus on the main exercises of the day was excellent.

Pumps: 8
Slight pump in the glutes and posterior chain after deadlifts, with a solid increase in quad and glute pumpage after leg press. No real hammy pump today, but upper back was feeling good after cable rows and power shrugs.

None; working out in the morning doesn't seem to affect my sleep negatively