Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!
Default Brute gets Volatile

Thanks to Fahrenheit Nutrition for the chance to log Volatile! I'll run this separately from my lifting log but they will reference each other somewhat.

The usual things first. I won't repeat these every day as they are unlikely to change.

Taste: 10/10 - Good flavor, not bitter, not too sweet. I'm not looking for kool-aid, just want something I can get down, and this delivers. Decent berry flavoring.

Color: 10/10 - Seriously, who doesn't love purple

Mixability - 10/10 - no grit, only had to shake it for a few shakes

Irony - Maybe not really irony, but I get a kick out of LtL repping a company called Fahrenheit whilst he uses Centigrade. Or do you call it Celsius? Either way, it brightens my day.

Now down to what I'm really interested in.

Energy: 7/10 - This is a good rating. I took one scoop today as I've been of pre-workouts for a couple weeks and had just had my morning coffee. Trained early today. I definitely had a good energy boost after taking Volatile. Not as heavy stim as some others, but it was a good amount. As I'm a giant, I'll take 2 scoops next time.

Pump: 7/10 - I don't do much work that leads to pumps, but the 20 rep leg press at the end did give me a pretty good pump. What I liked the best was that it dissipated more quickly, allowing me to walk rather than waddle.

Focus: 9/10 - This is where I am liking the product the most after the first day. Had kind of a rough time with squats today. Early squatting sucks. However, I feel that Volatile definitely helped me keep my head in the game and go on to hit a 110 pound PR for knee height rack pulls.

Crash: 10/10 - No crash at all
Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Irony - Maybe not really irony, but I get a kick out of LtL repping a company called Fahrenheit whilst he uses Centigrade. Or do you call it Celsius? Either way, it brightens my day.
Made me chuckle.

I'm gonna find one called Kelvin.

Quote:
However, I feel that Volatile definitely helped me keep my head in the game and go on to hit a 110 pound PR for knee height rack pulls.
Excellent.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Day 2 of Volatile. Bench PR. Curl PR. The bros would be proud.

2 scoops today, minor increase in energy, think I'll stick to one scoop and my morning coffee though, seems to give the best results for what I need.

Energy 8/10 - Good energy today. Very good intra-lift recovery, especially as I'm running under 20g net carbs right now.

Pump 7/10 - Again, I like this, but this product actually seems to reduce the pump and let me get on with my life.

Focus - 10/10. Missed a bench attempt, came back and hit a couple more triples at that same weight. Some of this is my maturing as a lifter, but Volatile is helping quite a bit.

Crash 10/10

From here on out, I'll be logging the most relevant information. If a rating changes, I'll post that up as well, but I expect to get similar results each time.

Volatile gets a solid A rating so far.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Day 3. Deadlift day. The best day of the week.

1 scoop of volatile, 2 cups of strong coffee and hour after some bacon and eggs. Results the same as before. Felt like I had good recovery, and one thing I am liking about this product is it gives some energy without making my heart race. Volatile is win.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Glad you like it.

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Day 4 of Volatile.

The natives are growing restless. At first they were accommodating, showing little fear of the giant pale face. Then the clanging began. Clouds of chalk dust surrounded his massive form, spots of blood spattered the abs platform as he hoisted unimaginable, bar bending weight into the air, only to send it crashing back down. Doesn't he know this is taboo? That the great God Weider commands light weight and repetitions to failure? Their customs are broken, their women enamored with this new comer. He must be expelled.

Seriously though, good workout today. Some good energy and a little of the face tingles from Volatile. Energy and motivation stayed high, good recovery.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Volatile FTW!

Ok, so I know all the products tout their epic extreme skin tearing (imagine this happening if you will) pumps. Volatile is my anti-pump. I love it.

Got into the gym today with gnarly lower back/oblique pain from overdoing it on events training. By the end of the squat session, my core felt 90%. I'm 100% now, while last night I could barely take a deep breath from the tightness. Some good energy off of it as well, couple drop sets of 20 on the leg press, felt like vomiting afterwards but didn't quite get there. This is my new pre-workout for a while I think.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

rough day yesterday. Volatile gave me some good energy again for sure, but had to take it a little easier rather than risk injury. Sometimes going heavy when your body refuses to is a bad idea.

Biggest pro for Volatile yesterday is the lack of crash and the way that the "focus" feeling doesn't last 10 hours after. It also isn't interfering with my sleep, which is a plus.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

1 scoop volatile, 40 oz of coffee.

Good energy today. Mondays are rough. Squats at 8 AM. Volatile definitely helped me get moving, and kept me focused throughout. No crash, no racing heart. Good stuff.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Volatile served me well again yesterday. I may need to up the intake to a scoop and a half. Allergies and allergy meds are dragging me down right now.

Good energy, good focus, just a little tired. Still no pump, but I don't do much pump work.