Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Site Updates
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Site Updates New additions to Muscle and Brawn. Worouts, articles and more.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Your First Powerlifting Meet

Your First Powerlifting Meet

Advice from powerlifter Al Brown (LtL on the forum).

Quote:
I would train as per your plan. Go reasonably heavy in the last singles session, maybe up to an opener or a last warm-up. Do NOT miss a weight. Lift in your singlet and in the same shoes as you will come meet day. Practice how you play.

For meet day I might take a pre-WO but be aware of how you normally feel after a session. If you suffer from an energy slump later then be mindful that you may have to wait a while between squats and bench and then again before deads. I normally just take a little caffeine before each squats and bench and then go all out for deads as I know I donít have to worry about crashing. READ MORE

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks for posting this Steve although i'd like to point out that the picture isn't me. I'm fatter and deadlift less

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Yeah ignore the pics. I have to use stock images or generic pics so we don't get sued.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

No worries I was just taking the opportunity to crack a self deprecating joke

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote