Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-09-2016, 12:01 AM   #1161
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Condense
Hywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master member

Been a busy past week. Hit a push press 205x3 10lb rep pr on Friday. Went in yesterday to do squat and deadlift.
After 3 weeks of no squats or deads, or any leg work at all really I'd say my strength held up pretty well:

Squat:
Barx10
135x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3

Conventional:
155x5
265x3
355x3
405x3
455x2 I added the belt this set and I really shouldn't have. Made my form ugly as hell.

Sumo:
265x5
355x3
405x3 these were extremely easy. I probably had 500-550x3 in me if I was fresh.

Today:

Bench: warm ups let me know I was not recovered to go heavy.
Barx15
135x10
185x5
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x15
225x3

Push press:
Barx15
95x5
95x5
135x1
135x1

Then a lot of banded stuff.

Last edited by Hywelbane; 02-09-2016 at 12:05 AM.
Hywelbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2016, 10:46 PM   #1162
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

3 weeks!? looks pretty strong for such a long layoff!

Training log
yangwenbin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #1163
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Hywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangwenbin View Post
3 weeks!? looks pretty strong for such a long layoff!
Felt very strong and refreshed.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #1164
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Taking it easy on bench this week. Mostly worked up to singles of 275 on Monday and Wednesday.

Today

Push Press:
Barx10
95x5
135x3
155x3
185x3
215x3 +10lb rep PR

So close to my goal of 225x3! Next week it's going down.

Bench sets of 1.

Shorter workout due to having an exam after.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #1165
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

THAT pressing power, I'm scared
...hope the exam went as well as lifting!

Training log
Old 02-14-2016, 02:39 AM   #1166
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

What, no vid of the ugly deads? haha I was hoping for some entertainment haha. So, still seriously strong as hell in here - that push press is to die for as far as I am concerned. Well done Allan.

I am sure your bench is amazing as ever too still.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs/500X5
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:42 PM   #1167
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Quote:
THAT pressing power, I'm scared
...hope the exam went as well as lifting!
Haha, I've noticed that strict OHP is much harder to progress on than push press, and that push press carries over strongly to strict.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
What, no vid of the ugly deads? haha I was hoping for some entertainment haha. So, still seriously strong as hell in here - that push press is to die for as far as I am concerned. Well done Allan.

I am sure your bench is amazing as ever too still.
Sometime when I clean them up!

Still working on coming back from a weird injury. It's still here, but I'm working through it.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #1168
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Saturday:

Was feeling pretty weak. Didn't get there as early as I planned so I had to adjust my workout.

Squat:
Barx10
135x5
225x5
275x2
315x2
365x1 Felt pretty slow. Decided to do pause squats after this

Pause Squat: 5-15s hold on them. I just sat down there until I had a little concern about whether I could stand up agian.
315x3
315x3
315x3

Bench: No deadlift areas were open so I did some form work.
Barx10
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x1
275x1

Sumo:
155x3
265x3
355x1
405x1 Felt pretty blah by here so I ended it.

Today:

Pause Bench:
Barx15
135x10
185x5
225x3
275x3
295x3
315x3
Add slingshot
315x1
365x3

Strength is coming back very nicely!

DB Rows:
85x12
100x12
100x12

Hammer Curls:
30x12
30x12
30x12

Very happy to see my bench strength returning. 315x3 was pretty easy, but I still want to take it slow and only add 1 rep every 1-2 weeks.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:45 PM   #1169
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

5-15s pause, what color were you after 15s in the hole? I usually turn turquoise after 8s...
Amazing bench as usual!

Training log
Old 02-18-2016, 12:31 AM   #1170
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Quote:
5-15s pause, what color were you after 15s in the hole? I usually turn turquoise after 8s...
Amazing bench as usual!
I've actually learned how to breathe without losing tightness while down there. I could probably build up to quite a while in the hole with no issues.
Thanks!