Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-29-2013, 06:00 AM   #271
Chillen
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Good morning Peeps, had a "b" Upper "circuit" session this morning. I was pretty much psyched mentally for the session, but the body wasn't quite up to to the task as compared to the progression from last session. Carbohydrates are about 30g lower (upped protien), and calories dropped 200c, and I am slightly water depleted (which makes sense here). Diet pretty much effected the performance here, but it is expected when sand bagging about 6 days in this brief criteria, and trying to reduce 1 to 1.5% BF.

Was thinking about age during the workout session. I think its safe to say that age gets us in the end. Age is undefeated. But,....its the ride their....that makes the difference, and this can be undefeated. I have had variable goals for the passed 6 or more years, and know where I came from, and what sort of physical shape I was in prior to having a "life under the iron", and it is without a shadow of any doubt, that if I had not trained (keeping everything the same), I would be in sad and sorry shape, as age related effects would have taken its toll and rock and rolled much faster and flat be kicken dat' ass.

Instead.....I decided to slow the process, and kick the process in the ass, and "take control" on how I age, instead of having it control me. I like that sort of power the iron gives you, brother! Much power and respect to the mighty one: "The Iron".

Sculp your Brain!

The question should not be whether you are happy but what you can do to become happier and "every man or woman" can, if they desire, become the sculptor their own brain.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

Dont create your own problems and complications. And, other problems and stresses in life don't have to rule you. Sculpt your brain to handle them right before they handle you.
================================================== ========

True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are united.

================================================== ========

Time to STOP TALKen' and START WALKen.......

The tough ACTen start REACTen

Time for ACTION....................>JUST DO IT!

Spread peace, togetherness, and happiness. Be kind and patient with each other.....

Its powerful, and can not be stopped....

Edit: Just a reminder. The old man is going to do the 10 minute incline video in a day or two, and post it in the thread with the other. Yes, I will make it perform, ya see...like I said in the start of this post....if I let age "have its way", and did "nothing" there is no way I would be able to even come close to 10 minutes let alone 5 seconds, lol.....hail the king: The IRON. Respect to it, I give you my dear brother in the fight for life.

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 07-29-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #272
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post

Dont create your own problems and complications.
Such an important thought.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 AM   #273
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Such an important thought.
Yes, but lets put a twist to the most common meaning or what the common context is.

As we move along in our journey under the iron, I think some of the Complications and Problems are created by us because we made the choice to be under the iron: I guess we can call these, positive complications and headaches, because we are attempting to improve ourselves and in the process complications can come up we have to deal with, but some of them are necesssary for personal growth and improvement. Hence, creating our own compliations and problems can be a positive thing.

"Postive Headaches" anyone? Some goodthings we do, involve these, and they are a welcome addition to our lives...

LOL...

True though...

======================================

Off toTrain in a bit, will post how this goes in a bit. 3AM came mighty early this morning, lol.....But I rolled this half-century old man out of bed, like I usually do...

One of my "positive headaches" this morning....

I like this sort of "postive headache" party, baby, in my head....

I have the asprin.....THE IRON.

lol...

Will post up more thoughts and how my half-century year old ass training went...

Peace everyone....

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 07-31-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #274
Chillen
Max Brawn

I will give training yesterday an A-, overall not too shabby. Today is a rest day.

I am going to be sharing a log, with someone in the near future, and will make the new log the main when it is created.

Remember something: every slip up, mistake, error, can lead to new wisdom
And new wisdom gives us new insights and fresh stance to try again and get it right.

Everything boils down to one thing - appreciating our blessings and gifts as a person.

It is when we become conscious of our inner strength and appreciative of who we are shall we achieve peace and tranquility.

Peace to all of you,

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #275
wesrman
Max Brawn

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.
~Henry David Thoreau
Old 08-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #276
wesrman
Max Brawn

wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #277
wesrman
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
I am going to be sharing a log, with someone in the near future, and will make the new log the main when it is created.
If there is room for another, and you can commit to posting at least once a week, i'd love to get in on this.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #278
wesrman
Max Brawn

Happy Birthday brother!