Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #161
Shmeegs
Brawn

Training Exp: Off and on for 15 yrs
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Compounds
Fav Supp: Moo cow f@$ milk
Shmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
"I can't possibly eat that much protein per day" is an admission of laziness and lack of discipline.
All ou have to do is remind them that nutrition is just as important (if not more important) than the routine you use. You dont have to eat that much protein, you just wont get the best results in recovery. If its not possible for you, just dont complain that you arent getting the results you want. I was doing GOMAD for awhile and while i felt bloated and gassy, i felt so strong while lifting and almost never had severe DOMS. That bloat went away and i kept the size that the milk gave me. I still consume alot of milk, but i dont try to make a gallon a day anymore.
Shmeegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2015, 01:04 PM   #162
Shmeegs
Brawn

Training Exp: Off and on for 15 yrs
Fav Exercise: Compounds
Fav Supp: Moo cow f@$ milk
Shmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Don't let anyone tell you slow negatives, drop sets, time under tension, etc. replaces progressive overload. These lifting practices are only tools, and in the long run they require progressive overload.

Tools do not replace the need for progressive overload. They allow you to cycle intensity (weight relative to one rep max), which can help the experienced/advanced lifter reduce some of the stress and punishment that comes from the demands of the strength levels they have built up to.

If anyone tells you, a lifter that has yet to build a substantial amount of muscle and strength, that you can simply ignore progression and use advanced training tools as a replacement, run far away.
That is one of the most important things i have learned so far. Thar everything you do (exercises, routines, regimen) is all a tool in your toolbox. You dont have to use it but it there if you want to. Everyone is different and everyone responds to different exercises and different training methods. Thats part of the fun and interesting aspect of training is that you have to find out what works for you.
Shmeegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:07 AM   #163
Ramrod
"1400" in 2016
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 14
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Steak
Ramrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite memberRamrod is an elite member

Quote:
Don't let anyone tell you slow negatives, drop sets, time under tension, etc. replaces progressive overload. These lifting practices are only tools, and in the long run they require progressive overload.

Tools do not replace the need for progressive overload. They allow you to cycle intensity (weight relative to one rep max), which can help the experienced/advanced lifter reduce some of the stress and punishment that comes from the demands of the strength levels they have built up to.

If anyone tells you, a lifter that has yet to build a substantial amount of muscle and strength, that you can simply ignore progression and use advanced training tools as a replacement, run far away.
AMEN.....

Proudly sponsored by
www.RAMRODREVIEWS.com
Meet PR's: 480/320/520 Total: 1320 @180
GYM PR's 465/330/515 = 1,310

instagram @ramrodreviews #RRR
Powerlifting Routines
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #164
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

The real secret of my success is that I love the iron. I enjoy training. If you don't enjoy lifting and do it just for results...good luck.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #165
Call_Me_Ishmael
Uber Brawn

Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Overhead Press
Fav Supp: Bacon
Call_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beastCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting beast

Quote:
"I can't possibly eat that much protein per day" is an admission of laziness and lack of discipline.
'

...and ignorance about food maybe.

I used to think that the only way get enough protein/ calories was to be CONSTANTLY be eating.

Eventually I figured out how to knock out a good chunk of my daily needs in one sitting with a blender and the right ingredients.

I also learned about foods that were calorie dense and protein dense (e.g. nuts mixed with 4 percent cottage cheese)
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Call_Me_Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #166
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Weakness training? I attack everything like it was a weakness. I make my strengths stronger and my weaknesses stronger. There is no downside to this approach.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #167
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I stay away from noise. That includes Youtube comments and he said/she said Youtube fitness channels and videos.

I focus on my mission. I could care less what unproductive people are doing. I have a goal each day and I go after it.

I've read about 10 Youtube comments in my life, and watch only a few channels. Noise is noise. It's just like TV. I avoid all things that keep me from being productive. Noise will always distract you from your mission.

I don't have time for all the bull. If you invest time in it each day it twists your brain and damages your morale.

Yes, humanity has a dark side. I'm not going to let that dark side corrupt me. One life, one legacy.

Now, more than ever, we have a chance to impact the lives of others. Either you can wake up and choose to do this, or you can wake up and invest time in all the noise and idiocy.

Choose wisely.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #168
GT55
Brawn

Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Crunches of course
Fav Supp: A second plate
GT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
I stay away from noise. That includes Youtube comments and he said/she said Youtube fitness channels and videos.

I focus on my mission. I could care less what unproductive people are doing. I have a goal each day and I go after it.

I've read about 10 Youtube comments in my life, and watch only a few channels. Noise is noise. It's just like TV. I avoid all things that keep me from being productive. Noise will always distract you from your mission.

I don't have time for all the bull. If you invest time in it each day it twists your brain and damages your morale.

Yes, humanity has a dark side. I'm not going to let that dark side corrupt me. One life, one legacy.

Now, more than ever, we have a chance to impact the lives of others. Either you can wake up and choose to do this, or you can wake up and invest time in all the noise and idiocy.

Choose wisely.
BtB, your post is relevant as a thought in general and not just a lifting thought. Great attitude. But İm less optimistic that we have a chance to impact the lives of others, simply because everyone whos looking for help is subjected to so much noise anyway.
GT55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #169
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

I ate 350g of protein yesterday bu accident. No powders. Next question.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #170
robsorangegym
Hillbilly Lifter
Max Brawn

Training Exp: couple years or so
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Huge Gainer
robsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
I ate 350g of protein yesterday bu accident. No powders. Next question.
OK, my question is this Brute - how many grams of fat went with those 350g of protein? Protein beer? I've been eating about 215g of protein lately, yes powders!!