Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #831
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Condense
Hywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master member
Default Deadlift

Blah. A whole lot of blah. I knew there would be technical errors when approaching 90%, but idk...maybe I'm just too hard on myself about deadlift?

The only good thing is...new weights and bars! All eleiko. Never used any of it before, but it felt solid.
Edit: also did this workout a day early and at 8a.m. So I'm not sure if I should feel too bad.

Deadlift:
Barx15
155x5
265x3
315x1
355x1
405x1

450x3
450x3
450x3

Definite upper back weakness. Thinking of adding an accessory day dedicated to upper back.

High rows:
2ppsx8
2pps+20x8
2pps+20x8
2pps+20x8

I used to be able to do 3 plates and 25 on each side :O

Glute ham raises 3x5

Last edited by Hywelbane; 04-17-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Hywelbane is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #832
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hywelbane View Post
The only bands I have used are the ones my college has. They are all from rogue fitness. I'm not sure what they are called but the heaviest I use are about 2.5" wide and green and the light ones are .5-.75" wide and either red or blue.
Thanks!

It didn't look bad at all! Strong deads!

Jim - Yes, they basically eat every part of every thing alive.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #833
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

great work Hy keep it going
Dead Lift: 501

GYM PR
Squat: 435
Bench: 305
Dead Lift: 485
Shoulder Press: 205

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
Sponsor:
RobMoriRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #834
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Hywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master memberHywelbane is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangwenbin View Post
Thanks!

It didn't look bad at all! Strong deads!

Jim - Yes, they basically eat every part of every thing alive.
Thanks! I feel I just must not have put enough weight on my heals and pushed less with my legs and more with my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoriRB View Post
great work Hy keep it going
Thanks!

Old 04-19-2015, 11:48 PM   #835
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Default Bench

5 hour car ride before this session. Still killed it!!

Bench:
Barx15
135x10
185x5
225x3
275x1

315x3
315x3
315x5 5 big ones! Every rep felt great.

Slingshot CGBP:
225x8
275x6
295x4

Good reps.

Dip machine: Light and lots of blood flow
2platesx20
2platesx20
2platesx20
2platesx20
2platesx20
2platesx20
2platesx20
2platesx20
2platesx20
2platesx20

Hammer Curls:
30x15
30x15
30x15
30x15

Band facepulls 3x25

Awesome day!

Old 04-20-2015, 04:41 AM   #836
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

yangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master member

Indeed, awesome session! Big bench and triceps destruction!
All that before a 5 hours ride?
Old 04-20-2015, 11:11 AM   #837
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I'm kinda thinking the issue on the deadlifts was not pushing thru with the hips - sometimes caused by the hips shooting up a bit too fast first. This, IMO, was making the pulls look blah.

. From now on, you are required to go for 5 hour car rides prior to each bench session. Take very scenic route to gym. Wow - like I always said, you are an awesome bencher!!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs/500X5
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:12 AM   #838
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangwenbin View Post
Indeed, awesome session! Big bench and triceps destruction!
All that before a 5 hours ride?
Thanks!
AFTER haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I'm kinda thinking the issue on the deadlifts was not pushing thru with the hips - sometimes caused by the hips shooting up a bit too fast first. This, IMO, was making the pulls look blah.

. From now on, you are required to go for 5 hour car rides prior to each bench session. Take very scenic route to gym. Wow - like I always said, you are an awesome bencher!!
Good point! I knew during the workout that I wasn't quite engaging my legs in the movement either. I couldn't get all the weight on my heels and therefore my lower back was breaking it off the floor and my abs aren't nearly strong enough to do that.

NOPE. NO. DEFINITELY NOT! Haha.
Thanks!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #839
Hywelbane
Max Brawn

Default Speed/Pump Bench

Didn't get to squat Tuesday or Wednesday. ARGHH. Did not feel well either morning and when I tried to go at a different time the gym was packed. One day I'll have my own gym and it will be glorious to never have to worry about changing what time I workout.
I am able to use this week as a recharge for squat. Saturday will still be my heaviest deadlift day with 95% for 1-4 reps. For squat I was supposed to do 405 for 2x3 and 1xamrap Tuesday, but I'll move that to next Tuesday and base my next cycle max off of that instead of a 95% week and then use the following week as a deload, or if I'm going to use a different max effort lift I will establish a baseline max to build off of.

This day is ever changing, but is upper body only. Speed bench remains the same week to week (wave loaded: week 1 50%, week 2 55%, week 3 60%), but accessories can change. Sometimes it's for pump, blood flow, and balance; other times it is for weak points.

Bench:
Barx15
135x10
185x5

210x3 regular grip
210x3 wide grip
210x3 close grip
210x3 regular grip
210x3 wide grip
210x3 close grip
210x3 regular grip
210x3 wide grip
210x3 close grip

These felt way better than last weeks 185 and looked faster.

DB Fly's:
25x15
25x15
25x15
25x15

Incline DB Rows:
35x15
35x15
35x15
35x15

Seated DB Curls:
25x15
25x15
25x15

Seated Lateral Raises:
12.5x15
15x15
15x15

Dip machine: Love this thing. If you know you have issues at a certain point on dips you can set the seat so that you never reach it and can still work through the range of motion.

2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20
2plates+20x20

Band facepulls 3x25

Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 PM   #840
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Looked really fast!
A home gym is probably everyone's wildest dream on that board. I hope you have yours soon!