Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,123, Level: 18 Points: 1,123, Level: 18 Points: 1,123, Level: 18
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: Since 1973 (with breaks)
Training Type: 4 Day Split
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Organic, natural foods
GZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributor
Default Bicycle accident anniversary

On July 28, 1999 I was in a near fatal bicycle accident. Today, 15 years later, I still do not have a full range of motion in my right shoulder, and it is still noticeably weaker than my left shoulder. That is why my bench lags behind my squat and deadlift. But I especially notice it doing dumbbell presses, as I have a very hard time locking out my right arm. And ironically, I will be doing those later today, on the fifteen anniversary of the accident.

For full details on the accident see the following page of my site:
http://fitnessforoneandall.com/diffi...al/bicycle.htm
GZeolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Indeed, car accidents keep giving and giving, year after year, as well My wife has been rear ended twice and has long term, nagging injuries that I bet will also never recover fully.

My bro in law was also mowed over by a car while riding his bike during a road course. Luckily he survived as well, but has long term issues.

However, on the bright side, at least you survived and are able to lift. Wish you all the best in your training buddy!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50

Last edited by Squatter; 07-28-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
MattS91
Brawn
Points: 696, Level: 13 Points: 696, Level: 13 Points: 696, Level: 13
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 10ish years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Real Food
MattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributorMattS91 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZeolla View Post
On July 28, 1999 I was in a near fatal bicycle accident. Today, 15 years later, I still do not have a full range of motion in my right shoulder, and it is still noticeably weaker than my left shoulder. That is why my bench lags behind my squat and deadlift. But I especially notice it doing dumbbell presses, as I have a very hard time locking out my right arm. And ironically, I will be doing those later today, on the fifteen anniversary of the accident.

For full details on the accident see the following page of my site:
http://fitnessforoneandall.com/diffi...al/bicycle.htm
Incredible story, glad you have been able to recover and lift again. Sometimes drivers have no respect for cyclists or runners on the road. Good look lifting today, and glad to hear that you survived a horrible accident.
Currently running 5/3/1
MattS91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn

GZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Indeed, car accidents keep giving and giving, year after year, as well My wife has been rear ended twice and has long term, nagging injuries that I bet will also never recover fully.

My bro in law was also mowed over by a car while riding his bike during a road course. Luckily he survived as well, but has long term issues.

However, on the bright side, at least you survived and are able to lift. Wish you all the best in your training buddy!
Sorry to hear about your wife's accidents. But thanks for the well wishes.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 AM   #5
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS91 View Post
Incredible story, glad you have been able to recover and lift again. Sometimes drivers have no respect for cyclists or runners on the road. Good look lifting today, and glad to hear that you survived a horrible accident.
Thanks. And very true about drivers and cyclists.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #6
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Im glad youre still here and living life. Its been a while since ive road a bike or motorcycle on the road, but those other people are always a worry.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Im glad youre still here and living life. Its been a while since ive road a bike or motorcycle on the road, but those other people are always a worry.
Thanks.