Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Exercise Form
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Exercise Form Videos, articles and resources to help you with your squat, deadlift, bench press form and more.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #561
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
You will get a lot of different opinions, but to me it looks like your lats are not locked in well, Also I would tell you to try to lead with the head more (thats more a personal preference though).
Thanks. I find I'm able to lock them when I'm standing straight up, but lose it when I go down for the bar. Thoughts on fixing that?
Best Total 645kg
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2014, 11:40 PM   #562
peachstreetboy
Brawn
Points: 522, Level: 10 Points: 522, Level: 10 Points: 522, Level: 10
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 1.5 serious
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: stim heavy pre workouts
peachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributor

Hi. Any tips on form would be appreciated. This was my second to last set at 255
http://youtu.be/1i-cCNzdN28
Old 07-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #563
peachstreetboy
Brawn

peachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributorpeachstreetboy is a consistent contributor

Just checking to see if anyone had problems with the YouTube link I posted. It was my first time posting to it.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #564
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Here ya go, PSB:

Try using the full "youtube.com" version, not the "youtu.be" kinda thing. Then put YT with [] around it before the url, and /YT with [] around it after the url. Or just click the YouTube button in the post creation/editing tools section, and place the full url between the YT and the /YT (plus brackets) bits.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #565
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachstreetboy View Post
Hi. Any tips on form would be appreciated. This was my second to last set at 255
http://youtu.be/1i-cCNzdN28
Set the bar down in between each rep and reset your hips and lower back tightness.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #566
peachstreetboy
Brawn

Thanks dray.

Thanks btb. Longer pause and reset. I appreciate it.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #567
powerliftingforlife
Brawn
Points: 520, Level: 10 Points: 520, Level: 10 Points: 520, Level: 10
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

powerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good postspowerliftingforlife has made some good posts

400 Deadlift PR

powerliftingforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #568
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Deadlift for reps. Everything feels easy off the floor, lockout fails. When I watched the video I thought, "should have squeezed my glutes," but I didnt think to when it mattered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSShuGVTTHA

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #569
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Deadlift for reps. Everything feels easy off the floor, lockout fails. When I watched the video I thought, "should have squeezed my glutes," but I didnt think to when it mattered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSShuGVTTHA
Your hips are raising and the bar is visibly moving towards you after it leaves the ground. You're also inconsistent between the different reps. I think it all comes down to the technique of rolling the bar. There's no way to replicate the same starting position and pull from the floor when the bar is in motion. A split second difference in your timing means the bar is as much as a few inches out of place too close or as is usually the case, too far away from your shins, and as far as I'm concerned even 1 inch out of place is too far.

I'd recommend that you find or order some chalk. Using chalk will keep you from having to spend all that time bent over getting your grip. Any extra second you spend bent over is lost tightness and lost ability to take advantage of the stretch shortening cycle, both of which are very important for max lifts.

Get your feet in position, stand nice and tall, take a huge breath, pressurize your abs by pushing them out to your belt (of flex the shit out of them if beltless), THEN bend over, grab the bar, and simply stand back up.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #570
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Thank you.

Believe it or not I have chalk. My hands are more sore than a sluts butt.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote