Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast
Default Steve Shaw Appreciation Thread!

Steve (aka Muscle and Brawn) I just want to personally thank you for this site and the help you have given me. Through this forum and through ALL the things you have helped me with thus far, and most importantly the Sponsorship through this site is so greatly appreciated! You are a true freind that has brought new and awsome people together with knowledge in every aspect of lifting. Again I just wanted to say Thank You for believeing in me big guy!

Rippednmichigan
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks Ripped that means a lot.

I've seen you work your ass off this last year and I don't think you've missed more then one workout the entire year. I'm glad to help you out on the road to your first contest, and am always trying to find ways to help you out.

I know those that post on this forum don't have a clue about the money this site takes in, but let's just say it isn't much. But what I do take in - I pay the bills, and try to give it back to you guys via logging opportunities, contests whatever. And I'm always thinking of new ways.

Ripped and Rick, and then Jwood and BWYS and Night Train were here with me from the start, and have stuck with the site. There are others that were here, but are no longer - like Paul - that I miss. And man, we've been picking up some serious and bright lifters over the last year...Brawny, GLwanabe, Athletic Creator, Body By Gamma, Beam, Big V, Big55, TitanWIP, Thumpinos, Mauler97, MattB, JessA, DennisinGA, RoarngMadMac...too many to list.

The forum is now starting to pick up momentum, and to be honest, without you guys here most days during the tough times, it might not have made it this far.

Thanks Ripped for your friendship. And watching you hit the weights hard every day keeps me motivated.

I might just road trip to your contest. Hit it hard man!

And to everyone else...I thank you for keeping this an intelligent, respectful home where lifters can share opinions without trolls and flames.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-09-2009 at 08:55 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Well said Ripped! But good things come to good people...you know!

And I have to thank M&B aka Steve for the help he has given me on my own site as well!
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

AthleteCreator is new to the forumAthleteCreator is new to the forum

I guess I'll say thanks too. I still don't quite know too many people's personalities here, but it has been an extremely enjoyable experience so far.

I've probably had the most interaction with Steve so far, and that alone has been worth it.

Thanks, homie!

There is nothing "smart" about a 3rd attempt deadlift.

Last edited by AthleteCreator; 11-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.
AthleteCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Well said Ripped! But good things come to good people...you know!

And I have to thank M&B aka Steve for the help he has given me on my own site as well!
It's been a pleasure Rick. Only wish I could help you out more. You've helped me out as well, especially with advice on supplements. You have a great website idea, and I can't wait to see your website become a full time business.

Rick has also been a brother and friend, and he's helped me process many things over the last year.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post
I guess I'll say thanks too. I still don't quite know too many people's personalities here, but it has been an extremely enjoyable experience so far.

I've probably had the most interaction with Steve so far, and that only has been worth it.

Thanks, homie!
Thanks man. Or should I say homeslice? You're a very intelligent man, and it's good to have your knowledge and wit on board.

You continue to jump out of swimming pools. I'll continue to jump out of vats of nacho cheese.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Steve (aka Muscle and Brawn) I just want to personally thank you for this site and the help you have given me. Through this forum and through ALL the things you have helped me with thus far, this site is so greatly appreciated! You are a true freind that has brought new and awsome people together with knowledge in every aspect of lifting. Again I just wanted to say Thank You for believeing in me big guy!

Rippednmichigan
That is exactly my sentiments. This place just has the right stuff, and feel to it. Steve has been very gracious with his time to me, and shared so much knowledge that I would not have found on my own.

I'm a hobbiest in this pursuit, but still take my interest seriously. I bring a viewpoint somewhat from the outfield in how I approach this pursuit. That has not been met with anything but open dialogue here. That alone is such a refreshing change from other forums.

Thanks Steve.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Thanks Glwanabe. I have learned quite a bit from you, and will continue to do so. You're a true asset to any forum, and a friend.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

How to Man Hug

How to Give a Man Hug That Is Not a Bear Hug | The Art of Manliness

Old 11-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
BRaWNy
Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
And man, we've been picking up some serious and bright lifters over the last year...Brawny, GLwanabe, Athletic Creator, Body By Gamma, Beam, Big V, Big55, TitanWIP, Thumpinos, Mauler97, MattB, JessA, DennisinGA, RoarngMadMac...too many to list.
I can not find words (in English) to say something or to say all I want to say about this topic and Steve.
I will try...
Thank you for putting my knickname in this list.
As I said when I was registering here, I feel like home here, because I found mostly same thinking on training and a person (Steve) that I felt from the beggining that we have met and were buddies already, if you know what I mean.
Of course I feel with the others somehow the same too, friends of my friend are my friends too, and it's just like I've had a trip in your country, and Steve and the others were there to welcome me, to have me in their company and see me like I deserve to be.
I don't know, I never thought that someday I'll be a member of a foreign language forum, if you know what I mean, this way.
Many many thanks to Steve for all, and for being a good host.

I hope I tranferred my feelings and my appreciation
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote