Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #51
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

My upcoming program when I'm back at it in full swing will be based on upper body work utlizing this approach.

Building an Olympic Body

The Chinese do incorporate some weight training in their program. I will also, but it will be aimed at getting me stronger to perform certain moves.

Leg training is going to be much more conventional, but at a bit lighter weight, and with an emphasis initially to improve flexability. Full squat with lighter weight and high reps will be the main focus. Calf raises will also be a part of the plan.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #52
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Old 10-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #53
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
My upcoming program when I'm back at it in full swing will be based on upper body work utlizing this approach.

Building an Olympic Body

The Chinese do incorporate some weight training in their program. I will also, but it will be aimed at getting me stronger to perform certain moves.

Leg training is going to be much more conventional, but at a bit lighter weight, and with an emphasis initially to improve flexability. Full squat with lighter weight and high reps will be the main focus. Calf raises will also be a part of the plan.
Nice link. Definitely will provide me with some good reading this weekend. Interesting info on maximum contractions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #54
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good reading and vids, those guys always look brutal
Old 10-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #55
glwanabe
Max Brawn

I had progressed quite a bit when I was doing this program last time. I was doing a 4X a week workout taking Wednesday and the weekends off.

I was starting to lose some weight and beginning to take on a gymnast looking physique. I felt great, but wanted to incorporate some other lifts, and moved away from the program. I feel like getting back to this will aid in my recovery.

There is a lot of this program that can be incorporated into most any program. In fact back in the golden age it was not uncommon for weightlifters and BB to also perform gymnastics.

Last edited by glwanabe; 10-30-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #56
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Re working my garage, and getting my stuff setup to do this program. I've got that feeling of wanting to kick some ass again. My body is protesting a bit, but my brain is telling it to STFU!

I'm weighing 180lbs as of this morning, 150 ripped is the goal. I've lost a lot of strength over the last few months, but I'm hopeful that I'll recover it pretty fast.

I'm not where I want to be right now, but, I"LL BE BACK!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #57
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Great to have you back GL!!! Hit it hard big man
Old 10-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #58
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Re working my garage, and getting my stuff setup to do this program. I've got that feeling of wanting to kick some ass again. My body is protesting a bit, but my brain is telling it to STFU!

I'm weighing 180lbs as of this morning, 150 ripped is the goal. I've lost a lot of strength over the last few months, but I'm hopeful that I'll recover it pretty fast.

I'm not where I want to be right now, but, I"LL BE BACK!
Awesome atitude brotha, just do what you gotta do!
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #59
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Great to have you back GL!!! Hit it hard big man
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Awesome atitude brotha, just do what you gotta do!
Thanks men, it's good to be back!

At one point I had a bunch of pictures of how I worked this program. I'll have to get some taken again. I just did a few moves to see how things felt. 25lb flyes felt pretty hard, I had worked up to 45lb previously and those were easy.

I was able to still do some dips in the rings, and elevated pushups. Seems most of the pain is concentrated in my right delt. The left is feeling pretty good at this point.