Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default BTB's Nutrition and Diet Books You Must Read

Believe it or not, there are many ways to eat. Paleo. Warrior. Keto. Carb cycling...on and on... You will rarely hear serious talk about these methods in muscle mags. A picture is often painted that there is only one way to eat.

Do yourself a favor and purchase these books. Study these books, and try the eating approaches yourself. Personal experience will help you more than reading.

Better Than Steroids

by Dr Warren Willey

Amazon.com: Better Than Steroids (9781425103392): Dr. Warren Willey: Books Amazon.com: Better Than Steroids (9781425103392): Dr. Warren Willey: Books

Iron Addict's Principles of Fat Loss

by Wesley Silveira

Iron Addict's Principles of Fat Loss Book Forum - Iron Addicts Forums

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
Jude
Brawn

Jude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good posts

I went to the site of the second book. It appears the author has died. Did not know of him but sorry to hear the sad news. Do you think his book is still for sale? I have your first must read. WIll read it again. Should I get the second one or is it a rehash of the first book. Thanks.
Jude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

better than steroids is amazing!

i havent read the 2nd book, but have heard nothing but good things about it
Old 09-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
I went to the site of the second book. It appears the author has died. Did not know of him but sorry to hear the sad news. Do you think his book is still for sale? I have your first must read. WIll read it again. Should I get the second one or is it a rehash of the first book. Thanks.
It's still for sale. The second book talks is definitely worth it. It's not similar at all to Better Than Steroids.

The best I can put it is that both the books combined create the best book on lifting diet and nutrition.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
Achilles
Brawn

Achilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good postsAchilles has made some very good posts

All books of Lyle Mc Donalds
- Bromocriptine
- The ketogenic diet
- The ultimate diet
- Stubborn fat solution
- The rappid fatloss handbook
- Guide to flexible dieting
- The protein book

Imo great books with solid information scientific based but readable for everyone
Old 10-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Jude
Brawn

Jude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good postsJude has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
It's still for sale. The second book talks is definitely worth it. It's not similar at all to Better Than Steroids.

The best I can put it is that both the books combined create the best book on lifting diet and nutrition.
I just started reading Iron Addict's book. I like his writing style and presentation. I prefer this book over Willey's book.
Jude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
IronBuildingBlock
Uber Brawn

IronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributor

I just finished reading "Power Eating, 3rd Edition" by Susan M. Kleiner. Pretty good read. Descriptive for all of your goals.
IronBuildingBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBuildingBlock View Post
I just finished reading "Power Eating, 3rd Edition" by Susan M. Kleiner. Pretty good read. Descriptive for all of your goals.
I'll have to check that out. That's a new one to me.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

My top 3:
Neanderthin: Eat Like a Caveman to ... - Google Books

Food Is Your Best Medicine - Google Books

Protein Power: The High-Protein/Low ... - Google Books
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:02 AM   #10
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Ordering Better than Steroids right now.
I checked out Dr. Willey's website and it has some good recipes on it for free.

Has anyone read Tom Venuto's book "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle"?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote