Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
JesseA
Über Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
How do I figure out how wide to get the bar when benching (I mean benching PL style)? Do I have to go by feel? Or is there a general rule to follow. Because when I watch PL vids they all place there hands very wide. I place them around shoulder width.
Usually the widest PL grip allowable is the index finger must not be outside the outermost ring on the bar.

try starting with your pinky finger inside the outer ring, and move further out one finger at a time to feel what works best for you. I've tried working my way all the way out to the widest legal grip, and it was not as effective for me.
JesseA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links