|06-16-2010, 07:27 PM||#1|
Living in the Shadows
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York..
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
Dave Tate quick squat checklist
Are you normal down there?
Connect with me more:
THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG
Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
|06-16-2010, 07:39 PM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2009
lolz at the title of the article.
i've never seen anyone recommend to have a tight grip on the bar while squatting...whats up with that?
My log http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/ful...800-total.html
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
|06-16-2010, 08:01 PM||#3|
Bearded Beast of Duloc
You Ever Wonder?
Short one for you today.
You ever wonder what you should look like at the bottom of a squat?
Well you should, but in case you haven’t I have and this is what I came up with.
At the bottom of the squat…
1. Your knees should be pushed out.
2. Your back should be arched.
3. Your chest should be up.
4. Your head should be back into the bar.
5. Your upper back should be pulled together.
6. Your elbows should be under or slightly behind the bar.
7. You should be pushing out on the sides of your shoes.
8. Your torso (belly and chest) should be full of air.
9. You should be pushing out against your belt.
10. You should have a tight grip on the bar.
11. Your knees should be in line with your ankles (or slightly in front)
12. If you use gear, you will want to push your knees out extra hard after you bind up to get you down that extra couple inches without falling forward. This position will set you up for a shorter and safer bar path on the concentric portion of the lift.
|06-16-2010, 08:53 PM||#5|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunshine State
It's always nice to be reminded of these little things.
If you want something reach out and grab it.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
|06-17-2010, 10:45 PM||#6|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
Looks like I'm doing SOMETHING right.
Bogdan Petia Sarac - Must keel moose and squirrel
Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10
Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)
It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
|checklist, dave, quick, squat, tate|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Dave Tate on Indicators||BendtheBar||Video Compilations||0||05-08-2011 06:15 PM|
|Dave Tate on Success||BendtheBar||Video Compilations||0||05-08-2011 05:41 PM|
|The Others - Dave Tate||LtL||Powerlifting & Strength Training||5||04-22-2011 03:35 PM|
|Meeting Dave Tate||LtL||Powerlifting & Strength Training||1||04-21-2011 12:18 PM|
|Dave Tate - Recovery||BendtheBar||Powerlifting & Strength Training||0||04-08-2011 02:04 PM|