Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #101
VA
Brawn
Points: 789, Level: 14 Points: 789, Level: 14 Points: 789, Level: 14
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Sumo Deadlift
Fav Supp: Teriyaki Chicken Bento
VA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good postsVA has made some very good posts

My understanding was that it wasn't cholesterol in eggs that was dangerous, but rather selenium. And that while important in moderate doses, you're not meant to exceed 400 micrograms of selenium according to some health association or other... can't remember. Anyway, as long as your hair isnt falling out you should be fine... at least for reasons other than the usual, advancing age and decrepitude

anyway, they're a pretty important protein/nutrient source for me since my girlie is vego, so I tend to eat not all that much meat..
VA is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #102
Nephilim
New Brawn
Points: 208, Level: 4 Points: 208, Level: 4 Points: 208, Level: 4
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 1 year in powerlifting
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Power Cleans
Fav Supp: Whole Eggs
Nephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality posts
Default re

I eat 10 eggs per day, divided in 2 sessions. One 5 egger post workout and one more 5 egger right before bed. Egg protein has high bioavailability, and I like the nutrients and fat especially at bedtime because that's when your body is recovering and making lots of testosterone, which needs fat to be produced efficiently. I've read that while eggs do have high cholesterol, that doesn't mean your body is absorbing it all. Plus my wife works in the cardiac cath lab where we have free insurance through her job, so if I block a mainline to my heart I'm in good hands.
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:42 AM   #103
Greg B.
Brawn
Points: 1,462, Level: 21 Points: 1,462, Level: 21 Points: 1,462, Level: 21
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 6 Years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell rows
Greg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good posts

For the most part, a s long as you don't have some outrageous cardiac history or current heart disease, the cholesterol from a few whole eggs per day shoudn't pose such a problem. I usually do as many in the fitness community do and mix whole and whites together to get in the protein while limiting the yolks somewhat.

Main Website: http://www.aaefx.com/
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/allamericanefx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @allamericanefx
Instagram: @aaefx

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own*
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #104
sandyr9
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

sandyr9 is new to the forumsandyr9 is new to the forumsandyr9 is new to the forum

I went through a period of time when I cut down eggs, because some articles said it was 'unhealthy" Since then, I have added them back into my diet, but it's nice to know the science behind their benefits!
sandyr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #105
Biggraygrizzly
Uber Brawn
Points: 989, Level: 16 Points: 989, Level: 16 Points: 989, Level: 16
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 32
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributorBiggraygrizzly is a dedicated contributor

Unless you have a family of heart dx, then may want to limit the yolks, and for years I spent time cracking eggs and throwing out the yolks, this thinking came from the eighties when the medical community said whole eggs were bad and was the major cause for increase lipids and when I competed this was norm, so think about how much muscle building nutrients that were being thrown out last year I started eating whole eggs again and it really is a muscle builder with choline, inositol and cholesterol can be consider a natural steroid(When drug test for steroids they look at the LDL) and I'm 51 yrs old my physical was back in June and my Total Cholesterol is 130, HDL 40 LDL 49,Trigycerides 89 and that on 8 Eggs a days not bad for some with a little dust on top!
Biggraygrizzly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #106
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

eggs = eat 'em up yum yum

the whole " eggs are bad thing came from skewed research back in the day..... ignore it.

choices - fresh eggs or processed crap ...... eat the dang eggs!!!!