Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:46 AM   #21
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,123, Level: 18 Points: 1,123, Level: 18 Points: 1,123, Level: 18
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: Since 1973 (with breaks)
Training Type: 4 Day Split
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Organic, natural foods
GZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
How much fruit would you have to eat in a day for this to even be an issue?
I eat three servings of fruit a day, each at different times, and that is no problem. But I am only 5'1". A larger person could probably easily handle twice that. But I would say it might be best to only eat one or two servings at a time. More than that at once could possibly cause too much of a sugar rush, especially for people with blood glucose problems (I have hypoglycemia, so I know).
GZeolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #22
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
How much fruit would you have to eat in a day for this to even be an issue?
In the normal sense, it would not matter (with the average person). For example: You could eat nothing but fruit all day, and if it is short of what you needed in calories for the day, it will eventually get used up. Of course this is not very nutritional, but I just used it as an example. The other factor in this example, would be the persons calorie/macro trend history leading to this exampled day.

I would think more in terms of basic and common understandings within the human body:

How many calories are being consumed in a given day (and the calorie/macro trend leading up to the present day), and the amount of calories/macros expended (dependent on activities), as determined by ones particular metabolism. These are the things to be most concerned with.

Simple sugars from fruit leave no reason to be concerned in terms of a normal diet. Whether dieting to lose tissue (dependent) or wanting to gain weight.

Sometimes simple sugars (like in fruit) get a bad rap because they are processed slightly different as compared to a more complex type sugar (carbohydrate) as in say, Oatmeal or Brown Rice. And, the spike in insulin and blood sugar between them can be different. I say can be, because it also can depend on what is eaten "with them" in determining blood sugar spike and insulin response (etc, etc).

Likewise, with someone in lean condition (10 percent or less, for example) "manipulating simple v. complex carbohydrates" can make an impact on appearance (a certain level of personal deprivation of carbohydrates) water can be drawn out or lost (as carbohydrates carry water with them), and a certain level of carbohydrates can put water back in (dependent on the person and the amounts consumed). In addition, it can impact fat loss, with this exampled person, dependent on certain things.

Furthermore, "with some people", eating simple sugars, can cause severe hunger pains, because of the rise and fall of blood sugar (of course this will depend on a variety of different personal factors). But, these examples are different topics of discussion. In the general sense there is nothing to fear from the simple sugar. It can be a powerful and nutritional tool at times, when used. Like spiking your blood sugar before a workout session, for example only. And, on with the variable methods of manipulation.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 06-06-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote