Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #21
TDawg75
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn
Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: since 5/15/13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: buffet plate carry
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine

Mr Olympia competitors are drug tested too.

Gym pr's- bench 330, DL 405, squat 450
Meet pr's- bench 350, dl 425, squat tbd
My new training log- http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17510
TDawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #22
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivost View Post
He is not stupid shredded, but I would estimate him being around 15% bf.
You can clearly see his abs when flexing.
Weight is around 250 pounds. Height is about 190cm = 6 foot 3.

Still natty, never juiced anything...

As I mentioned before danish rules in powerlifting are super strict when it comes to performance enhancing drugs.
He has been tested, ive seen the results, and I believe him 100%.

Genetics arent some magical thing but they can definetly make you above average. That being said... Nobody has bad genetics.

Anyone heard of Nick Wright of youtube? Nick has a solid back, strong legs og massive arms.... But a small chest compared to the rest of his body.

Marc Lobliner has a Massive torso, big delts but small arms..

Do you know what I am saying?
Please keep in mind that passing a drug test has nothing to do with being drug free. Not saying your friend is lying, just making sure you know there is a difference.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #23
pivost
Newb
New Brawn
Points: 436, Level: 8 Points: 436, Level: 8 Points: 436, Level: 8
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Vitamins
pivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good posts

I know..

Anyhow, if he was on something then I would know
pivost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #24
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Is this Nick Wright?

If so those arms are 18 at best. More likely 17.25 to 17.5". I'd bet a cow I was within 0.5 inches. I realize you didn't say his arms were 20, but since he was mentioned as having exceptionally large arms in a relative manner, I wanted to comment about their true size.

Compare the arm size to head size. Now compare my arm size to head size. This provides a good reference for comparison. My arms were 18.75".

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic6.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	14152  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-28-2014 at 10:34 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:

Anyone heard of Nick Wright of youtube? Nick has a solid back, strong legs og massive arms.... But a small chest compared to the rest of his body.

Marc Lobliner has a Massive torso, big delts but small arms..

Do you know what I am saying?
Yes, some people have better looking body parts, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily bigger. Bodybuilding is very much a sport of illusion.

The subject of natural potential has been studied to death. The notion of "natural freaks" with amazing arm sizes at lean body weights is simply a myth, unless they have some kind of rare growth hormone disorder.

I've been around scores of natural pros, and folks like Lobliner, Norton, etc. My arms are 18.75 at a high bodyfat, and they dwarf every lean natural pro I've ever met. Lean my arms are only 16.75". The only 20" natural arms are on fatties (present company included) or men with giantism.

I've been having discussions like this for a decade, and have yet to meet one lean natural with anything close to 20" arms. I have yet to see one legit picture with a taping close to 20" arms.

People continue to call me an idiot regarding this topic, but my arms remain bigger than theirs and aren't close to 20".

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-28-2014 at 10:29 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #26
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
I know..

Anyhow, if he was on something then I would know
That is a much better argument (no sarcasm intended, although Im sure it reads that way)

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #27
pivost
Newb
New Brawn
Points: 436, Level: 8 Points: 436, Level: 8 Points: 436, Level: 8
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Fav Supp: Vitamins
pivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good postspivost has made some good posts

Yep thats him..

I think he has been measured around 18" at 190 pounds with an average physique ( not stupid shredded)
In the picture I believe he is about 17" at 175 pounds? - not sure.

I dont believe in genetic freaks. Every one is different. Some are above average and some are just average - nobody is superior.

Bendthebar; What is your bf? Have you cutted down recently to see what is behind the fat? They might not be 20" but you might be close than you think.

Picture might still be missing but nothing is impossible

Jbyrd.. No sarcasm taken
Greg Valentino is 100% natty. Now thats sarcasm!
pivost is offline   Reply With Quote