Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 AM   #21
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
Firstly, try getting 150-200g of protein a day (1g+ per pound of be), and then eat sensibly for everything else. Be sure you eat a lot of veggies and fruit and oatmeal because the extra protein can block you up a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked96 View Post
1.Pick a routine that emphasizes compound movements and work on progressively getting stronger on those movements.
2.Eat enough to allow you to get stronger. If your not getting stronger then eat and rest more.
3.If your getting stronger but putting on too much bodyfat then eat less.
-If you eat less and get stronger then stay the course.
-If you eat less and get weaker then decide if progress in the gym is more or less important than putting on some extra bodyfat that you can get rid of at a later date.
Thats all you need.
Perfect ...
Old 03-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #22
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Eat more than you ever have IMO. Pound everything down, train hard with compounds and watch yourself grow!

Oh, and don't forget legs.
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #23
2013SierraSam
Brawn
Points: 933, Level: 16 Points: 933, Level: 16 Points: 933, Level: 16
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Tricep Pushdown
Fav Supp: Protein and Dr. Jekyll
2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
That is 100% logical. Actually you mentioned that you go to gym Monday-Saturday that's why I mentioned it. You need atleast 2 days of complete rest from gym along with rest and recovery on regular gym days. As I mentioned, try to concentrate more on core lifts like bench, squat and deadlift. Is it possible for you to post what schedule / program you are following in gym as of now. I'm sure it will help you generate more response and feedback.
As of right now, and for the past year, I've stayed around the same concept....
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Arms
Wednesday: Back/Shoulders
Thursday: Upper legs with some chest added in the beginning to warm up
Friday: Lower legs and finish with arms to balance it out

This has worked for me for a while but recently I talked to a buddy as stated before and he mentioned to try the following:
Monday: Front torso (Chest, arms, abs)
Tuesday: Back torso (Back and shoulders)
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Upper legs
Friday: Lower legs
Saturday: Front or Back torso again
Sunday: Off

I think I will try this for the next few weeks. He said he did that while he was a linebacker in college and saw some serious gains.... Lemme know what you fellas think.
2013SierraSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #24
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn

JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013SierraSam View Post
This has worked for me for a while but recently I talked to a buddy as stated before and he mentioned to try the following:
Monday: Front torso (Chest, arms, abs)
Tuesday: Back torso (Back and shoulders)
Thursday: Upper legs
Friday: Lower legs
Saturday: Front or Back torso again

I think I will try this for the next few weeks. He said he did that while he was a linebacker in college and saw some serious gains.... Lemme know what you fellas think.
I've seen real good results with just heavy compounds, but chest and back on the same day. For every push, do a pull.

Also, why are you dedicating an entire workout to Calves?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #25
2013SierraSam
Brawn

2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts2013SierraSam has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanRugs View Post
I've seen real good results with just heavy compounds, but chest and back on the same day. For every push, do a pull.

Also, why are you dedicating an entire workout to Calves?
I don't. I do 20-30min of calves and 20-30min of arms afterwards. If I missed legs on a day (which is common for me), then I'll usually just do all legs in one day. Quads, hams, calves..squats, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises, good mornings, etc.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #26
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn

Ahhh im with you!! I'd say do 3-4 workouts and have heavy ass compounds That's what has been best for me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #27
2013SierraSam
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanRugs View Post
Ahhh im with you!! I'd say do 3-4 workouts and have heavy ass compounds That's what has been best for me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Will do! Just got my new belt and it's helped a lot since I've significantly increased my dead lift pull.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:56 AM   #28
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013SierraSam View Post
Will do! Just got my new belt and it's helped a lot since I've significantly increased my dead lift pull.
Keep it for the heavier sets dude, but nice work adding lbs!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #29
jpak997
New Brawn
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

jpak997 is off to a good startjpak997 is off to a good startjpak997 is off to a good startjpak997 is off to a good start

if ur really 9% u wouldnt feel the desire to get more lean. and if u really are 9% u should bulk bulk bulk
jpak997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 AM   #30
2013SierraSam
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpak997 View Post
if ur really 9% u wouldnt feel the desire to get more lean. and if u really are 9% u should bulk bulk bulk
I'm at 10%. Abs have come just in time for Cancun on Thursday Also - I've been seeing some gains faster than I usually do with my new system.
Monday: Chest/Arms
Tuesday: Shoulders/Back
Thursday: Upper legs/Chest
Friday: Lower legs/Arms
Saturday: Shoulders/Back

I'm really enjoying my new routine. I've also been doing the Paleo diet for the past 2 months and it's been hard to stay away from the breads and pastas but it's done wonders due to me seeing gains at the same time as getting chiseled like I want for spring/summer. (Once fall begins I'll bulk like a mofo). I'm trying to get 2200 calories a day and my intake consists of eggs, steak, chicken, fish, broccoli, zucchini, squash, and greek yogurt. Also doing 2 shakes a day. About 50g of protein per shake. Sorry for the detailed post - I was told to