Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:21 PM   #21
linedriver465
Max Brawn
Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

2/28: 3 caps 30 minutes pre workout on SQ + accessory

Strength/Rep Increase: 9
Exceeded rep goal on the top set of low bar squats; added weight to high bar squats, calf raises, leg extensions. Added reps to SLDLs and DB Curls.

Energy: 8.5
Because I flew across two time zones yesterday evening my sleep and body clock was thrown off. I woke up pretty groggy and wasn't sure how the workout today was going to go. However, after warming up and taking Decimate Amplified, I noticed an increase in clean energy that lasted the duration of my workout but not enough for post lower body conditioning.

Focus: 8.5
The mirror at my Boston gym was really messing with my focus; I try not to look at myself and focus on the movement but my inability to avoid the mirror messed with my head. Nonetheless, midn muscle connection was solid during the entire workout.

Pumps: 8
After low bar squats, I had a slight glute pump; high bar squats left me with a decent quad pump. After SLDLs my lower back had a CRAZY pump. Leg Extensions and Calf Raises rounded out my quad and calf pump respectively. Slight pump in my lower abs and biceps after HLRs and DB Curls.

Side Effects: 10
None

"Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates

Follow my lifting log!

"Life is too short to dick around" - Steve Shaw
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #22
linedriver465
Max Brawn

linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

3/2: 3 caps 30 minutes pre workout on BP + accessory

Added weight to my top bench set, but I was 1 rep short of the rep goal; big progression in all the accessory exercises however; added reps and/or weigh to everything!

Energy: 9
Walking to the gym I had a huge boost of euphoria and I felt awesome warming up for flat bench. However, I didn't hit my rep goal on the top set of bench and felt surprisingly gassed during flat bench. However, when I began accesssory I got a nice second wind and had plenty of energy for post-workout conditioning!

With the exception of my $hitty spotter unnecessarily touching the bar during my bench sets, focus was quite high. Great MMC during Arnold press and CGBP in particular. Focus on proper form was tough during barbell rows, but I did add a rep and left feeling like the right muscles got worked. Focus was even high during conditioning!

Slight chest and tricep pump after flat bench; shoulder and tricep pump increased after DB arnold; solid lat and upper back pump after rows and rear delt flies. Pump wasn't increased much during cable crossovers or CGBP.

None

Follow my lifting log!

Old 03-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #23
CLEEPER
Max Brawn
Points: 5,980, Level: 50 Points: 5,980, Level: 50 Points: 5,980, Level: 50
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

Good stuff. May check it out
Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #24
linedriver465
Max Brawn

3/3: 3 caps 30 minutes pre workout on DL + accessory

Added 5lbs to the top DL set, but reps dropped by 1; added weight to all the accessory exercises.

Energy: 8
Felt pretty good going in to the workout, but Deadlifts gassed me; luckily I got a second wind (thanks in part to intra-workout carbs and protein), and I completed the accessory

Focus: 8
Focus was somewhat difficult during Deadlift sets (for some reason I have a hard time focusing when using straps and double overhand grip); I kinda felt like I was going through the motions, but the right muscles were receiving work; focus increased during accessory work.

After Deadlifts I had a decent back (esp. lower back) pump; great quad, hammie, and glute pump after lep press/leg curls. Cable curls and cable rows didn't leav me with a significant back/bicep pump however. Farmers walks rounded out the workout with a solid upper back/trap/forearm pump.

None; despite taking at approximately 6pm and going to bet at 11pm I had no sleep issues

Follow my lifting log!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #25
linedriver465
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
Good stuff. May check it out
Definitely good for focus; and if you're cutting, hunger suppression seems good to, but I don't measure it since I'm currently adding mass haha

Follow my lifting log!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #26
linedriver465
Max Brawn

3/5: 3 caps 30 minutes pre workout on Seated OHP + accessory

Strength/Rep Increase: 9.5
Exceeded the rep goal on the top set of seated OHP but Drop5 sets took a hit; added reps to incline DB, lateral raises, tricep pushdowns, and BHTNP. Rep decrease on pull ups. Added weight to lat pull down.

Energy: 8.5
Within 15 minutes of taking, I got a solid, subtle boost of energy that had me feeling fresh during the first half of the workout. Energy took a bit of a dip after incline DB press, but it held steady for the remainder of the workout.

Solid focus during the top set of seated OHP (except for the top rep); focus on the auxillary and accessory exercises was high but mind muscle connection wasn't as good as other workouts.

Pumps: 7.5
Left with a pretty nice tricep and lat pump, but no real shoulder/chest/upper back pump.

None

Follow my lifting log!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #27
linedriver465
Max Brawn

3/6: 3 caps 30 minutes pre workout on SQ + accessory

Exceeded the rep goal and added weight to the top set of Low Bar squats; added some high bar squat volume and although my reppage on SLDLs took a hit, everything else increased in weight and/or reps.

4 Low Bar and 4 High Bar SQ sets definitely challenged my energy and with the exception of a dip in energy during SLDLs, energy was fairly constant.

Found it really hard to focus keeping my upper body tight on low bar squats (main exercise of the day), but otherwise, mind muscle connection and focus was pretty solid for the remainder of the workout, with a little dip during SLDLs (due to fatigue)

Pumps: 9
After low bar squat, I had a slight glute pump; however after high bar squats my lower back, quads, and glutes had an insane pump. No hammie pump after SLDLs, but solid quad and calf pump after leg extensions and calf raises respectively.

None

Follow my lifting log!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #28
linedriver465
Max Brawn

3/11: 3 caps 30 minutes pre workout on BP + accessory day

Strength/Rep Increase: 8.5
Exceeded the rep goal on my top set of Bench Press; handled some extra volume on standing OHP; no change in CGBP but added weight in Barbell Rows and DB curls

Felt great as I was warming up for the workout today, but I felt "off" during my BP sets; luckily energy regained on OHP, but dipped on barbell rows. I felt good enough for some post workout conditioning but there was a class so I couldnt hit the heavy bag :/

Focus was pretty rough on flat BP, but increased on standing OHP, pendlay row, and CGBP; mind muscle connection accessory work was good but not as good as my focus on the main movements

None

Follow my lifting log!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #29
linedriver465
Max Brawn

Final Review

Strength/Rep Increase: 8
Although this product isn't labeled as a pre-workout, I think that the energy and focus boosting ingredients helped me to push for progression on both main and auxillary lifts. Although some days I didn't progress on the main lift, I typically progressed every workout in some way/shape/form.

Energy: 8
2-3 caps 30 minutes pre workout seemed to be the sweet spot for me with regard to high energy during my workout and no significant decrease in energy intra-workout. The energy was smooth, clean, and non-jittery - although the caffeine wasn't disclosed, it didn't feel to be "too much" and I think the inclusion of AMP helped with ensuring the energy stayed high.

Focus: 9
This product absolutely shined in the focus department - I can see why this is sold as a cognitive enhancement function - although I never used it before a work intensive activity, the mind muscle connection and intra-set focus during my workouts was solid.

With the exception of one time in which I had trouble falling asleep, I noticed no crash or negative side effects on this supplement; my caffeine tolerance is fairly high, so if you're caffeine-sensitive, just be mindful.

Value: 8.5
Although Decimate Amplified isn't sold in the M&S store, a quick search indicated that it runs $23-25 for a 60 capsule bottle. Assuming you dose 2 pre workout or 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM; 30 servings for less than $1 is quite reasonable.

Thanks again to the folks at Genoymx for giving me the opportunity to run a full bottle of Decimate Amplified. For someone looking for a pre-workout or general use stimulant product, Decimate Amplified shines when it comes to focus

Follow my lifting log!